What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

zaf

professor
Against kung lao, and his strings into low hat you need to use a lot of D1. The only way to punish strings ending in low hat is to have a move 6 frames or faster. D1 is 6 frames so it can do the job. It is ermacs fastest move and it is your best tool against kung lao.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
zaf's reset combo (the harder one) is super sexy, I think it does 34% and you have lots of yummy options afterwards

zaf

professor
very nice options afterwards.

-jip
-throw attempt
-low attempt again
-overhead attack
-block string
- and one of my favorites, d1 into f4 lol
- also there is 3,1 grab.

it really is endless lol. we all use f4 so we know what ermac is capable off afterwards. it never really is a problem to end a combo into a reset. kabal is strong with it. cyraxs command grab is strong as well.
the damage is in the 30's so its not a waste to end it in a reset. the follow up afterwards alone make this worth using lol. i guess the only time i would not use it is to end a match or just get in a nice 40% combo for a health lead scenario.

This gives you a free jump in punch, and even with the grab, it would be more damage then just doing the TKP at the end.
I don't think there's necessarily anything free about it, its a guess. But one you make when you're already steam rolling.
EG: You've had them whipped for so long in the round that you know they'll just block in fear of a lift or push.

Have you tried to get people to react to it with AA, a special, dash, etc?

zaf

professor
"I don't think there's necessarily anything free about it, its a guess. But one you make when you're already steam rolling.
EG: You've had them whipped for so long in the round that you know they'll just block in fear of a lift or push."

the good thing about the reset is you have advantage and can dash in to do something.
yes it is a guess but you have so many options it is worth it i find.
its good to even dash in and 121, it pushes back on block and this creates a set up. much like raidens f24.
on hit you can get in a lift after the 2, if not or you only hit on the 3rd hit it creates a stagger and another free jip,or you can dash in and get a b114, creates the pushback same set up,
this is just adding to the list of other options,
if you do have them whipped into blocking after resets, grabs become more useful,
sometimes i even do nothing, i sit and let them react first, or i dash back at max range and tkp

"Have you tried to get people to react to it with AA, a special, dash, etc? "

when i sit back after the reset,i also wait for a possible jump in attempt and time an d2 into lift or njp

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Against kung lao, and his strings into low hat you need to use a lot of D1. The only way to punish strings ending in low hat is to have a move 6 frames or faster. D1 is 6 frames so it can do the job. It is ermacs fastest move and it is your best tool against kung lao.
lol yeah I agree, well that and if you can an opportunity punish the bastard on teleports uppercut into TKS combo and blocked spin, TKS (if you can, lag sometimes makes him even more safe which is so annoying...)

zaf

professor
i dont care about kung online. im more content knowing you can punish spin offline with tks for a combo.
uppercut into tks after teleport is kinda staple i believe

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
is blocked fireball up close/mid range safe on block? if so, the opponent would most likely try to go on the offense so a teleslam would be a nice option..

Big Frog

Noob
The wind up is to slow for me to even try up close unless it's part of a combo and most times it will just make them cross up because they see it coming a mile away. Too dangerous.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Is there any use for 1,2 teleport since you get a jump in punch after it hits?
hmm I think you're wrong saying that you get a free jump in punch after a teleport. I just tried it and the person has always enough time to block after a teleport.

I dont think there is much use in doing a 1, 2, teleport since you only get 1 teleport per combo so the goal is to do as much damage as possible before you use it. for midscreen situations at least

Error

DF2+R2
Hmm I thought I read somewhere that you get a jump in punch after a successful ground Teleport with both Scorpion and Ermac. It doesn't extend the combo it just gives you pressure options or something like that.

It was from the guide:

Teleport Punch(+, can also be done in air)HIT LEVEL:M - teleports to the other side of the screen and punches the opponent. on hit Ermac gets a safe jump. punished by full combo on block.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Hmm I thought I read somewhere that you get a jump in punch after a successful ground Teleport with both Scorpion and Ermac. It doesn't extend the combo it just gives you pressure options or something like that.

It was from the guide:
The guide should be updated i think then because I always block after a teleport. It gives you pressure options in the sense that sometimes people dont expect it but thats it.
A trick to see what movement strings can be blocked and when, is to go in practice mode and set the block mode to "Auto". the AI will block whenever theres a whole in your combo.

The quote is right in saying you can jump to the other side safely but to start a combo thats another story. Thats why sometimes i just grab or i do F+4, B+2

MKF30

Yeah dude, if you want a free jump in with 50/50 just finish off any combos you do or if you can get a naked one, do the enhanced TK push....

MKF30

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the jumping just after you hit him with a teleport, do the TKS for a combo... ;)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the jumping just after you hit him with a teleport, do the TKS for a combo... ;)
I dont do that cuz i get blocked and then punished usually lol
I either cross jump and grab or do F+4, B+2 ... its not a combo many ppl see so they think after the F+4 they can counter and they get hit with B+2

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Was playing the ai today and it seems that Ermac can counter crossups on reaction with his TP. Not sure if it has to be EX but it worked real nice, even if my Kit throughout an AF to cancel the crossup (probably wouldnt happen with an SB during it tho). I think every char was supposed to be designed with some sort of anti-crossup combo strter tool in place.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I think he's talking about hitting a jumping opponent with teleport and then grabbing them with tks for a combo....I learned so much about Ermac after CH3 I feel he's not as easy to use as many claim(lets face it, if you put time in with anyone their combos become "easy"). He can combo off a jip or jik. I'd like to ask some of you guys what you would do if you magically landed a njp with Ermac. I just want some combo ideas. I do standing 4, teleport, tks, 2,2, tkp. Tell me what you guys do.

MKF30

I dont do that cuz i get blocked and then punished usually lol
I either cross jump and grab or do F+4, B+2 ... its not a combo many ppl see so they think after the F+4 they can counter and they get hit with B+2
I think we're talking about two different things lol, you get punished on a JK, teleport, TKS combo?

I've noticed B+3 is tricky too lol to mix it up with

zaf

professor
Standing teleport hitting a standing opponent makes them go into stagger and you can get a free JIP.

2,1 teleport does not work i don't think because the opponent could block before the teleport hits.

if this does work, then all you can do is get a free jump in punch.
Scorpion does this, but after the teleport when he does a JIP he has to guess right to continue.
Ermac can not combo off a low, or an overhead so this is not as valuable to us as a scorpion player.
We get high/low mixups and grabs, but this is not worth it.

After a 2,1 no matter what, the best option will be lift.

AS for a follow up a Neutral jump punch, the best way to punish is as follows:

NJP, B1 1 F2, Teleport Dash 2,2~lift Dash 2,2 TKP.

Remember, that after the initial B2 1 F2 string you have to time the teleport to hit it. You can not link it.
Watch ermacs hands, i use this to time the teleport.
I know Kindred has a nice 40%+ combo you can do instead of this. Maybe he can post it, i don't remember it fully.
But this is good to learn. It's basic, very easy to do and nice damage.

As for FREE Jips ( just to touch on the subject again), never use teleport for this. I know i explained it above, but like kindred mentioned you get ONE teleport per combo and its best to get in as many hits as you can before it. I started to HATE, very much HATE ex TKP. Yes you get a free JIP afterwards but i do not find it worth the meter anymore. Ermac builds meter so slowly, especially in high level play and the priority for meter should be breaker. Keeping yourself alive is way more important then the follow up after EX tkp i find.

Against high level players whats the best you can get off a JIP after EX tkp anyways? A throw. 12%. Not worth the meter usage.
Here is why. We need to think at highest level play possible. Ermac has no low combo starters or overhead combo starters. So his options will be either a throw attempt, overhead, lowF4, or block string.

Overhead can be fuzzy blocked if you can see it, so expect good players to block low in fear of the f4.
This now eliminates two of your options.
A block string could be used, like b114, which gives a set up. Can still be blocked for minimal chip damage. And if your opponent is a smart player like we believe them to be, they do not take the b114 bait so easily.
Throw attempt is guarenteed. but now we have really come to our end in options.

What i have been doing and i think is much wiser (as you can save meter) is to end combos with F4 instead of ex tkp if you really want to keep pressure going and avoid a wake up game.

Error

DF2+R2
1, 2 teleport does combo, but it doesn't seem that useful considering the damage you get from lifting instead.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
@ Error's video: tried it with living opp and: Xray was counted in one combo with the starter or it could be blocked otg, but maybe my timing was incorrect.

Error

DF2+R2
@ Error's video: tried it with living opp and: Xray was counted in one combo with the starter or it could be blocked otg, but maybe my timing was incorrect.
The trainer's probably to blame. It looked pretty cool, too bad though.