What's new

Tech - Erron Black [EO Beta] Erron Black Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASMA

Noob
I think they should of at least left 11 command grab. With the universal command grab buff 11 grab or 11b3 into launcher could of been a sick 50/50. On a side note I was rocking with that Bones & Xavier Wulf in the background lol

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I think they should of at least left 11 command grab. With the universal command grab buff 11 grab or 11b3 into launcher could of been a sick 50/50. On a side note I was rocking with that Bones & Xavier Wulf in the background lol
They left 1. Just gotta practice the execution.

ASMA

Noob
After sitting on the nerfs for a while I think the 21122 tick throw nerfs might be a buff in disguise. Since you can only grab off of the 1st punch in the 21122 sequence the player has to commit to a option to get out such a jump. If the player commits and they try to jump out you have lots of time to hit confirm into your launcher in whichever variation you're in. Also with the sped up cmnd grab the re-stand mix-ups you get in Outlaw and Marksman become much more deadly. We now have a 13f armor move and a 7f poke for getting out of pressure. I don't think it's so bad guys hear me out.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
After sitting on the nerfs for a while I think the 21122 tick throw nerfs might be a buff in disguise. Since you can only grab off of the 1st punch in the 21122 sequence the player has to commit to a option to get out such a jump. If the player commits and they try to jump out you have lots of time to hit confirm into your launcher in whichever variation you're in. Also with the sped up cmnd grab the re-stand mix-ups you get in Outlaw and Marksman become much more deadly. We now have a 13f armor move and a 7f poke for getting out of pressure. I don't think it's so bad guys hear me out.
I don't think it's so bad either, but I don't get what you're saying. They don't have to commit, they can just use the old OS, only this time it will be much easier.

ASMA

Noob
I don't think it's so bad either, but I don't get what you're saying. They don't have to commit, they can just use the old OS, only this time it will be much easier.
Is the OS still confirmed working? If so then you're right, if not then my point still stands. We won't know for sure until the patch though. I'm just speculating with what we have so far to get people to see the character hasn't been butchered.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Is the OS still confirmed working? If so then you're right, if not then my point still stands. We won't know for sure until the patch though. I'm just speculating with what we have so far to get people to see the character hasn't been butchered.
I don't think it's been butchered, but in time command grab after 211 won't work against most opponents, as long as that OS stays.

Noob
Along with Option selecting 21 you can also just simply repush block and the command grab will whiff everytime.

211 -> repush block, player continues the string and is left -1 or ex-sands and both players are left neutral. Its win-win for the opponent.

ASMA

Noob
Along with Option selecting 21 you can also just simply repush block and the command grab will whiff everytime.

211 -> repush block, player continues the string and is left -1 or ex-sands and both players are left neutral. Its win-win for the opponent.
:(

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I beat ass in injustice with Shazam, No way some changes like this to erron black is gonna make me quit using him. He is still very good but most importantly, fun as hell to play. Looks like I'll have to play neutral more considering these changes. The direction of the game seems headed in that way with the breaker changes and plus launchers adjustments to some characters.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Which parts of 21122 are a tick throw pre-beta? Was never quite sure which ones did.

Oh and remember that it has been said several times by both Paulo and 16 bit that the beta changes may not be permanent.

Which parts of 21122 are a tick throw pre-beta? Was never quite sure which ones did.

Oh and remember that it has been said several times by both Paulo and 16 bit that the beta changes may not be permanent.
21, 211, 2112.

I really,really hope that the sand grenade change is not permanent. It's such an odd change.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
21, 211, 2112.

I really,really hope that the sand grenade change is not permanent. It's such an odd change.
As a scrub I'm happy that that 33/33/33 is gone in the beta, though the option select would have probably gotten easier with the new netcode.

On the sand grenade,I think NRS is trying to get rid of a lot of the + on block launchers and double 50/50s. I'm personally quite in favor of that, but my opinion isn't that valid since my main doesn't have any of that so I don't know how necessary it is for characters like Erron Black to have.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
As a scrub I'm happy that that 33/33/33 is gone in the beta, though the option select would have probably gotten easier with the new netcode.

On the sand grenade,I think NRS is trying to get rid of a lot of the + on block launchers and double 50/50s. I'm personally quite in favor of that, but my opinion isn't that valid since my main doesn't have any of that so I don't know how necessary it is for characters like Erron Black to have.
Erron didn't really have a double 50/50. The current EX SG is +7, which means his OH became 9 frames and the low didn't reach (I think). You could pretty much poke through all of his followups, except for his downpokes.

Noob
Revert EX Sand change
Give 21122 tick throws back or remove option selecting and keep it the way it is
Remove some of his gaps
sand trap plus on hit again or at least the ex version
Give him a decent mid
buff F3 4+2 in outlaw
make B311 useful in outlaw

I will be happy :DOGE

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Revert EX Sand change
Give 21122 tick throws back or remove option selecting and keep it the way it is
Remove some of his gaps
sand trap plus on hit again or at least the ex version
Give him a decent mid
buff F3 4+2 in outlaw
make B311 useful in outlaw

I will be happy :DOGE
I'm surprised there is no brutality for f3 2+4 in outlaw

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I finally got to play erron in the beta..(My ps4 power supply gave out and I had to buy a new one.) The command grab increased speed makes it a legit wakeup which is good. its speed increase has allowed me to do different mixups I didnt expect.I think him losing his tic throws for me isnt so bad but the new system doesnt do him any good. He doesnt get any real advantages to them landing on hit. I think you shouldnt be able to option select his command grabs in this system to make it fair, or just take it back to old version. His sand grenade is fine, its just resets neutral and make him safe. I found that in some cases the pushback was to my advantage when I needed separation and allowed me to whiff punish easier when my opponent needed to come after me.

Now I want to caution everyone and say that something needs to be done covert ops Sonya..Her Military stance grab is broken and needs to be fixed. she makes erron blacks tick throws look like shit. She has officially became the ultimate guessing game.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I found that in some cases the pushback was to my advantage when I needed separation and allowed me to whiff punish easier when my opponent needed to come after me.
I too think pushback after EX Sand Toss can be a good thing, especially when playing Gunslinger.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I finally got to play erron in the beta..(My ps4 power supply gave out and I had to buy a new one.) The command grab increased speed makes it a legit wakeup which is good. its speed increase has allowed me to do different mixups I didnt expect.I think him losing his tic throws for me isnt so bad but the new system doesnt do him any good. He doesnt get any real advantages to them landing on hit. I think you shouldnt be able to option select his command grabs in this system to make it fair, or just take it back to old version. His sand grenade is fine, its just resets neutral and make him safe. I found that in some cases the pushback was to my advantage when I needed separation and allowed me to whiff punish easier when my opponent needed to come after me.

Now I want to caution everyone and say that something needs to be done covert ops Sonya..Her Military stance grab is broken and needs to be fixed. she makes erron blacks tick throws look like shit. She has officially became the ultimate guessing game.
I rarely ever had issues with commnad grab as a wakeup, but no doubt the speed helps. My biggest issue with pushback and plus frames nerf is the fact that there is still a gap between like f13 or b33. I think he should lose the gap if the changes stay because while there are advantages to the pushback, I feel ex sand grenades main purpose now is to stay safe.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
They just need to return him to how he was but remove the option select and the gaps. He'd be fine. He's shit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.