What's new

Breakthrough - Kano [EO Beta Closed] Kano Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been better then people thought, now he's looking REAL real good. Hoping he's still just shy of braindead so he's not too popular.
Exactly, he is already pretty good now he gonna be more complete with less holes in his game. especially commando, iv'e been doing some near inescapable on hit tick throws now and if he keeps his on hit and block back 1 tick throw it is gonna be inescapale literally. back 1 tick is gonna complete his whole variation in commando

Matix218

Get over here!
B13 no longer has a gap like it did before this last beta update today. It is in fact an even faster transition than it used to be. Looks weird at first but its amazing.

Another change im not sure if it was documented but the Blade slice in cutthroat has a much better upward hitbox now. Crazy!

I will link to a video of me streaming the beta. I played mostly Kano, especially towards the end of the video so check it out!

http://www.twitch.tv/insaynne/v/42628366
Is the faster transition between the b1 and the 2 making you have a smaller window to hit confirm off of that string?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
B1 tick is hard to do consistently for me. Once this is live, I must practice this. This is great news someone is listening making his string faster.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
how is kano zoning you? He only has mid knives in cyber.
I don't know, maybe it's just me being bad at being able to deal with zoning.
Edit: Yeah, cyber is the variation that if i see someone play online i HAVE to pick a character with better zoning , since i know he's gonna throw knives from fullscreen all day.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I don't know, maybe it's just me being bad at being able to deal with zoning.
Edit: Yeah, cyber is the variation that if i see someone play online i HAVE to pick a character with better zoning , since i know he's gonna throw knives from fullscreen all day.
Even then don't get flustered, just look for your gap. They do pretty small chip so just gotta be patient.

What was it?
B1 used to either be 0 or +1 or +2 on block, so pretty insane.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Funny thing is, Cybernetic has the best string kombos out of all 3 Kanos.

I wish Commando had that eye laser ender and that grenade ender.

But actual combos, Cutthroat is where it's at. :joker:

FlappyDaniel

I'm just used to converting off of EX Ball, which will be SOOO much easier in beta. If we had a restand in commando tho that would be awesome.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Now that the throws work like they should, we should have no problems getting four 25-29 % combos in a round and be done with it. Which is the whole point of Commando. Combo fiends have CT to tinker with.

What I'm going to practice once we get XL is the insta air punch to air ball, MB parry on wake up. I love to do that now and since throws are scary, it should be hella fun once XL drops. :joker:

FlappyDaniel

May just be grey area instead of wrestler and Kotal being just straight up better. I can see it being a lot more based on your preference regarding their normals and how they convert into damage. Kano's normals are a massive part of the reason why I play him.

edit: honestly the only thing holding him back might be the stupid C.grab motion DBF which I still struggle to get out in some pinch situations under pressure or if I need armor on wakeup. That''ll just slowly get better with playtime tho.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
May just be grey area instead of wrestler and Kotal being just straight up better. I can see it being a lot more based on your preference regarding their normals and how they convert into damage. Kano's normals are a massive part of the reason why I play him.

edit: honestly the only thing holding him back might be the stupid C.grab motion DBF which I still struggle to get out in some pinch situations under pressure or if I need armor on wakeup. That''ll just slowly get better with playtime tho.
While I mostly agree, the issue Commando has in comparison to other grapplers. Ferra Torr can take half your life with Pain and Gain, Kotal will get 40% from a BnB as well as Jax. Not saying this makes or breaks but it's definitely something that makes Commando harder.

FlappyDaniel

My justification is that I think Kano's normals are good enough; combined with his mobility, to make up that difference using his knives and chip. Kano is kind of the middle ground between a pressure character and a grappler. He can pressure JUST ENOUGH to fluster people who have predictable tools to get out of the pressure to force them to use those tools. This informs his reads for a parry or Armored c.grab that usually make up the entire focus of a grappler.

edit : @MsMiharo

Status
Not open for further replies.