What's new

Ed boon says Jason has better chance than a dc character

Mulder

King of Heroes
It would be nice, but unfortunately Scorpion and Freddy sold better than any other DLC character. It sucks. I hate wasting a spot on a character like that. The feeling of hoping for Tremor as the last MK9 DLC and seeing it was Freddy was so disappointing I thought it was a joke. Scorpion was less disappointing because at least he's an actual fighting game character, and I also assumed a bunch more DLC character would be coming.

There will absolutely be at least one guest character in MKX. Nothing we can really do about it.
I honestly have no idea what Boon was talking about concerning Scorpion being the highest selling Injustice DLC. He wasn't on the best selling DLC lists that Sony had for his debut month but Lobo, MMH, and Zatanna were for their debut months.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I want the Terminator WB made the last two films...
No they need to put Nicolas Cage in there as himself...
No that would be horrible...
Well the WB is making a Mad Max film maybe he will be in it? Who knows.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._films
Go ham with this list.
I've compiled a unnecessarily long list of potential candidates:

The pants from "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"
The penguin from "Happy Feet"
The invisible force of death that enjoys complicated death traps from "Final Destination"
Magic Mike from "Magic Mike"
Gatsby from "The Great Gatsby"
The gravity from "Gravity"
The guy from "LEGO Movie" (We did discover that they used him as a fake silhouette in the character select screen)
The hyper-intelligent phone from "Her"
A Hobbit
Shiloh the dog
The disease from "Contagion"
The entire cast of "Sex and the City 2"
Sherlock Holmes
That creepy guy and his box from "The Box"
The notebook from "Deathnote"
Speedracer
A caveman from "10,000 B.C."
Fred Claus
Nancy Drew
George Clooney
Motherfucking Nicholas Cage from "The Whicker Man"
The giant wave from "Poseidon"
The corpse bride from "The Corpse Bride"
The Dukes of Hazzard
Willy Wonka
The boxing girl from "Million Dollar Baby"
The phantom from "The Phantom of the Opera"
The train from "The Polar Express"
The bad Catwoman
The bad Superman
The other bad Superman
The bad Supermen from those old movies, that gets forgiven for being campy and old
Scooby-Doo
B-Rad from "Malibu's Most Wanted"
Kangaroo Jack
Hermione from "Harry Potter"
The ghost ship from "Ghost Ship"
A giant spider from "Eight-Legged Freaks"
Juwanna Mann
The Power-Puff girls
A ghost from "13 Ghosts"(To be fair, most of those ghosts were pretty fucking rad looking and terrifying to look at, despite being from a "meh" movie)
Denzel Washington
Osmosis Jones from "Osmosis Jones"
Halle Berry
The robot kid from "A.I."
Miss Congeniality
The steampunk cyborg in "Wild Wild West"
The snowman from "Jack Frost"
Michael Jordan from "Space Jam"
Malcom X
Former President John F. Kennedy
Michael Jackson from "Moonwalker"
A gorilla from "Gorillas in the Mist"
Beetlejuice from "Beetlejuice"(It's so ridiculous i'd actually be okay with it)
The teacher from "Stand and Deliver"
Oprah Winfrey from "The Color Purple"
Big Bird
Sloth from "The Goonies"
Cujo
Elvis Presley from "This is Elvis"
Elvis Presley impersonator from "3000 Miles to Graceland"
The gopher from "Caddy Shack"
Jesus Christ
Jimi Hendrix from "Jimi Hendrix"(Could be awesome)
Dracula
Malcom X, again

9_Lives

Noob
I'm really not feeling Jason. Could we maybe get someone who's special power isn't wandering around murdering teenagers with a machete/hockey mask? Someone who's actually, I dunno...cool? He seems like he would be a counter for Cassie Cage and Farrah. Not Torr, just Farrah.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
OK I'm gonna be weird this time, I vote we get the Doctor from Doctor Who, the David Tennant version, at least I know my wife would practice with me and not complain I spend too much time playing the game:)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Guest characters are cool as long as they're cool. Freddy was k. Meh on Kratos. Scorp in Injustice was pretty awesome if it weren't for gameplay flaws.

Soul Calibur games had awesome guest characters because they fit. It'd be nice to say the same for MK.
I thought Kratos fit more than Freddy... at least Kratos is some sort of god.

I'd mark the fuck out if Jason was DLC for the next game. He'd fit pretty well with the atmosphere. And who knows what he could do for Fatalities. The possibilities with that guy are endless.

And for those bitching about guest characters, shut up. I doubt many of you ever bothered with Freddy or Kratos anyway, so why all of a sudden is the thought of another character you're not gonna bother with so fucking outrageous?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I always wanted Jason in Mortal Kombat 9; I always thought that he would have been a more ideal choice than Freddy. I suppose the more relevant aspect of the tweet is than an Injustice character is unlikely. I actually find that notion surprising.