What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
How are you guys dialing in you strings. I have found if i do f,11 or f2,2 into df1 precisely without any stray inputs upto and after holding 1, the cpu picks the right cancel window for you every time so you don't have to do it different for hit or block. This lets you hit confirm into back dash on block or run cancel on hit. If you have any stray inputs though you have to adjust your cancel for hit or block. I noticed this first on my hitbox when I switch alternate controls on and then tested it out on my stick

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hmm, just got back home and tried this but its not working. It sometimes works when I do df1 f+block raw, but even then sometimes I get a dash and others I get a run or nothing. What's the secret?
Idk, I just press F+block after the wasp animation.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
How are you guys dialing in you strings. I have found if i do f,11 or f2,2 into df1 precisely without any stray inputs upto and after holding 1, the cpu picks the right cancel window for you every time so you don't have to do it different for hit or block. This lets you hit confirm into back dash on block or run cancel on hit. If you have any stray inputs though you have to adjust your cancel for hit or block. I noticed this first on my hitbox when I switch alternate controls on and then tested it out on my stick
Yea I try to do them as clean as possible. Otherwise my inputs get eaten and I don't get a wasp grenade.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I can't react fast enough to get the combo on hit is my issue there. I can react fine to block and get a pretty much perfect dash, but I will have reacted too slow to get the dash into link on hit.
Ah I think this might be a hitconfirm issue then. If you see the first hit of your string connect, just input it the same way. Try practicing it with F11 as it is a little more forgiving.

TPG LiNDY

Therapeutic Gaming
So I noticed doing the Air Grab buys about .5frames-1frame extra air time, can be good for Air footsies

Ah I think this might be a hitconfirm issue then. If you see the first hit of your string connect, just input it the same way. Try practicing it with F11 as it is a little more forgiving.
I have 0 trouble with f11, f22 etc, it is really just b1 that is giving me trouble because I can't hitconfirm fast enough to dash early.

I've being blockconfirming it, but the problem is that that often leads to releasing 1 and getting the bug toss or invalidating the special entirely before it can come out.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I have 0 trouble with f11, f22 etc, it is really just b1 that is giving me trouble because I can't hitconfirm fast enough to dash early.

I've being blockconfirming it, but the problem is that that often leads to releasing 1 and getting the bug toss or invalidating the special entirely before it can come out.
Ah ok. Yea B1 cancels are tough. I really don't have a full grasp on it personally so all I can really say is practice it more. Also try switching your block from R2 to R1. Canceling is a lot easier when you have to press a button instead of a trigger.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
with B1 you literally just have to do it, you can't hit confirm or block confirm it. Which I mean isn't a bad thing but .0....Yolo. As soon as you input b1 you just cancel into your bug toss and hope for the best.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The next EGP tournament is on the 17th.

I'm giving myself 2 weeks to get my execution down on something ridiculous with D'Vorah.
with B1 you literally just have to do it, you can't hit confirm or block confirm it. Which I mean isn't a bad thing but .0....Yolo. As soon as you input b1 you just cancel into your bug toss and hope for the best.
Sure you can. :)

Flip

war
Cant find a D'Vorah's Video thread, so posting some here.
pretty long online set versus Cassie Cage - Hollywood

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
As part of one combo? Whenever I try to wc twice in a combo it won't let me run or even dash cancel the 2nd.
The idea is that f112 wc jails at about +15. So b1 is free, and you can combo into it with a wc, and just barely enough stamina.

If I can get this down the mixup will be with b1 and f112 wc f22 wc, etc.

This is a guaranteed 50/50. A less guaranteed version, which is still good is f112 wc 2 then b1 wc. Or 21, etc. 21 is nice because the opponent has to read between the 212 overhead or b1 low, but it's not a guaranteed 50/50 like f112 wc b1 wc.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
The idea is that f112 wc jails at about +15. So b1 is free, and you can combo into it with a wc, and just barely enough stamina.

If I can get this down the mixup will be with b1 and f112 wc f22 wc, etc.
I don't think it's a stamina thing. I set it to infinite and it still won't let me dash or run out of the 2nd wasp grenade.

To test it I did f22 wc 212 's db1 then just df1. It won't let me out of the df1 until the combo drops

Oh whoops I missed the jail part. I need to sleep. But that's cool af, looks really sweet. I know what I'm practicing when I wake up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Has anyone else figured out her f112/f11 EX Wasp Option Select? Im trying to get the timing down but havent gotten it to work. Cant remember who posted about it either.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Has anyone else figured out her f112/f11 EX Wasp Option Select? Im trying to get the timing down but havent gotten it to work. Cant remember who posted about it either.
I have hit it a couple of times in training mode. You just do f11 Ex Wasp Grenade as a string. If the first hit is blocked immediatly hit f+2. You need the forward because that directional input removes the Wasp grenade from the buffer. If you just hit 2 you still get the grenade.

On a different note, wasp cancels against ermac feel so unsafe. If he blocks them he can mash out lift and catch your dashes.

KNX

Noob
On a different note, wasp cancels against ermac feel so unsafe. If he blocks them he can mash out lift and catch your dashes.
As a former Ermac main, I'd suggest to just mix up your options more. If Ermac is using Lift to react to the Wasp Cancels you can bait by going straight into Block. Lift is -10000000 on block, it's not a solid answer to her Wasp Cancelling.

In general, Ermac is super punishable, try not to commit to anything risky or whiff buttons... and while it's tempting, don't jump, his AA conversions are amongst the best in the game. If you play safe, he can't do anything but try to force his 50/50 game on you. Every mixup he uses is 100% punishable with no option to make safe.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
That was me. You do f11-ex wasp~f2. Input it all fast so the wasp is input as the 2nd hit of f11 lands and the f2 immediately afterwards.

Video if it helps.

Trying to dial in wasp cancels on top of it on block is testing my ability.

Last edited:

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
Ah ok. Yea B1 cancels are tough. I really don't have a full grasp on it personally so all I can really say is practice it more. Also try switching your block from R2 to R1. Canceling is a lot easier when you have to press a button instead of a trigger.
Wow, swapping R2 and R1 is genius. Block is way more important of a function than "interactible"

skumz

Just started playing D'Vorah last night. I was shock to see how fun she was. I really am enjoying her playstyle and I am thinking about maining her. I know it is earlier but from experience what should I focus on to become effective with her?