What's new

Doombawkz's Incredibly incorrect patch suggestion thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Because the 5 billion other ones just aren't enough.

This is my opinion, but keep in mind it may be so incredibly wrong that some may feel I should lobotomize myself with a rusted rail spike. To that note, yeah probably. These threads are dumb to begin with, but I figure I might as well make one as well.

To save on space, find the character you are interested in and click the spoiler to read.

See something missing? Feel your character is neglected? Its my list, so too bad (though I am open to people's opinions and will likely edit it to fit what seem like logical needs that I might've overlooked)

P.S. EDIT
I also want all mids to be true mids so people will stop saying they want it. This is my list, dammit. Make your own :(

Flash:
~ Allow for his mids to actually count as such.
~ Increase duration of trait, but also increase the scaling to better promote it as a generalized footsie/combo tool instead of simply a combo-specific trait.
~ Increase the speed of his b.3 (Tatsu) to allow for slightly larger combo potential outside of trait
~ Make MB charge universally miss on crouching opponents instead of clipping bigger bodies
~ Slightly higher damage scaling on his d.1 starters.
~ Slightly decrease trait cooldown
---
Nightwing:
~ Wing Dings are now projectiles
~ Backdash slightly improved in distance
~ MB Staff Spin chip reduced slightly
~ Staff stance mobility slightly increased
~ Flying Greyson is renamed "Flying Dick"
~ Damian Wayne given a haircut
---
Batman:
~ Mechanical Bats recharge slightly faster, but stop recharging once stocked.
~ Advantage on MB Batarangs slightly reduced
~ Forever banished from the "upcoming skins" list
---
Cyborg:
~ Trait gains improved start-up, healing put to a 10% cap per usage.
~ "Target Aquired" gains slightly reduced recovery
~ Grappling hook more recognized by game engine to reduce input drops
---
Green Arrow:
~ Slightly increased damage for Electric Arrow on hit
~ Normal arrows gain 2% in damage on hit
~ Fix crouching hitbox issues when toting an arrow in the low position
---
Superman:
~ Kryptonian Crush start-up increased to 7 frames
~ f.23 start-up increased by 4 frames
~ Heat Zap recovery increased
~ Slightly increased scaling after MB Super Breath
~ Forever Banished from the "upcoming skins" list.
---
Raven:
~ General hitbox fixes
~ Character model update, more in-line with Harley instead of Wonder Woman
~ Projectile reflect can be held slightly longer to properly absorb multi-hit projectiles
---
Aquaman:
~ Slightly reduced chip damage on MB Trident Rush
---
Wonder Woman:
~ Slightly reduced advantage on Lasso Grab
~ General Quality of Life improvements on Shield Stance
~ Banished from the "upcoming skins" list
---
Hawkgirl:
~ Slightly reduced advantage on Wing Evade -> 3
~ Mace Charge pushback slightly reduced on block
~ Traited mobility slightly increased vertically, slightly reduced horizontally
~ Air Dash, not a large one but enough to help accent her mobility without breaking it
~ Maskless skin granted
---
Shazam:
~ Slightly decreased start-up on f.223, frame gap removed
~ Vertical reach and priority of Atlas Torpedo increased
~ Trait start-up and recovery reduced significantly to allow for easier access, chip damage and duration reduced in trade.
~ d.3 reduced to -6, down from -11
~ b.23 reduced to -7
~ Bolt of Zues start-up slightly reduced at both levels
~ Quality of Life improvements for air attacks (slightly buffed reach on f.3)
~ Quality of Life improvements on strings to prevent random frame-gaps
~ Story-mode lobotomizing reversed as Superman's heat zap now would have been in recovery
~ Classic Captain Marvel skin
---
Green Lantern:
~ b.1 start-up increased by 2 frames
~ Minigun now counts as a projectile
~ John Stewart skin now has a more rounded voice pack to match the normal skins
---
Joker:
~ Ha's now do not begin to deteriorate over time, but upon being struck on a per-Ha basis
~ Gas Canisters now count as projectiles
~ Both Gas Canister now have a slightly faster travel time
~ Crowbar now has slightly higher aerial reach
~ Bang! can now be cancelled into crouch
---
Harley:
~ Cartwheel now counts as an overhead
~ Tantrum hitbox better fitted to the character model
~ Trait now follows a set pattern of Bomb -> Rose -> Picture
---
Grundy:
~ Trait can now be branched out mid-chain to gain multiple smaller benefits from different trees
~ Hitstun when in Super mode reduced to allow more usability
~ Slightly increased damage scaling out of Mb Swamp Hands
~ Hold-time and vertical reach of MB Swamp hands increased to allow for easier follow-ups and a slightly more difficult time neutral jumping to avoid.
---
Lex:
~ Slightly increased mobility to allow for easier approach and disengage
~ Level 1 armor no longer adds 25% extra damage
~ Lance blast damage slightly increased at lower levels
~ Lance blast start-up slightly decreased
~ Presidential skin given, complete with under-armor tuxedo for extra class
---
Catwoman:
~ j.2 has slightly decreased reach, but slightly increased priority
~ MB Cat-dash to gain slight advantage buff, but still less than neutral on block
~ Trait to add slightly more damage per level to encourage use
~ General hitbox fixes to cat stance
---
Deathstroke:
~ Trait activation slightly increased to promote use, but high shots no longer hit mid while traited
~ Slightly reduced start-up on assault rifle to bring it more in-line as a middle ground projectile
~ Deadpool skin granted, then removed from the "upcoming skins" list
---
Ares:
~ Wake-up teleport can no longer malfunction based on certain opponent attacks
~ Teleport gains a slightly reduced recovery period similar to Shazam's mercury storm
~ Axe given slightly more speed and adjusted to better suit combo purposes
~ Quality of Life changes for trait linking in combos to prevent interruptions
---
Killer Frost:
~ Frozen Dagger damage slightly reduced
~ Slight increase in recovery on standing 2
~ Air dash slightly sped-up
~ Parry interaction with armor remedied
~ Trait charge speed slightly increased to promote use
---
Doomsday:
~ Sweep speed very slightly decreased
~ Air Snatch hitbox slightly increased to provide better reliability
~ Voice taken out of the fish bowl, dried off in a bag of rice, and then polished until it becomes a diamond
---
Sinestro:
~ White Lantern skin granted
~ Fear blast fixed to properly hit mid at all ranges
~ Trait persists through transition, but is still lost upon clash
---
Black Adam:
~ Lightning is now a projectile
~ Orb recovery slightly increased upon activation
~ Slightly increased damage scaling on lightning clouds
---
Bane:
~ Slight mobility and damage reduction to balance out the mobility and damage increase while on cooldown
~ Ring Toss (d.b.1) now benefits from venom
~ Ring Toss hitbox increased for reliability
~ Double Punch gains a slight damage increase at all levels (roughly 3-5%)
~ Double Punch recovery slightly increased from neutral to -3 on block
~ Venom uppercut hitbox better fitted to the animation
~ Quality of Life improvements to Break the Bat
---
Lobo:
~ MB Czar toss advantage increased to make linking b.3 slightly easier to perform.
~ Hook Charge hitbox better fitted to the animation, including slightly increased vertical reach
~ Hook Charge increased wake-up invulnerability frames
~ Spin Cycle hitbox increased for reliability
~ Party Crasher slightly lower on the recovery frames
---
Batgirl:
~ Slightly increased pushback on batwheel
~ Normalized voice box
~ Wheelchair skin
---
Scorpion:
~ Slight universal damage buff
~ MB Teleport Punch is now -4 on block, down from -8
~ Flip kick is now -8, down from -10
---
Zod:
~ Fix the glitches
~ Get the bitches
---
Martian Manhunter:
~ Minor fix to the hitbox on overhead teleport after b.13 and psionic push.
~ Overhead teleport recovery slightly increased by 2 frames
~ Tweaks to the advantage given from Phase
~ Advantage window out of MB d.b.1 slightly increased to allow for easier linking to b.3
---
Zatanna:
~ Trait chip slightly reduced
~ Inverted controls properly entered into the system
~ Infinite removed
~ Minor fixes to wake-up teleport to allow it as a more universally viable option

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Not too much, but it should probably do around 60% of what it does now? 75% maybe.
Just seems a bit extreme when you consider the advantage it gives on top of the damage is all.
I'll take it.

People want to nerf MB Staff Spin, but they want to nerf it the wrong way by not making it as + as before. Nerfing the chip a bit but keeping the advantage is fine.

I agree with the NW suggestions at least, didn't look at other characters.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Scorpion's flip kick should be at least -5 on block not -10 as it is now and maybe MB Port should be neutral or less negative on hit?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'll take it.

People want to nerf MB Staff Spin, but they want to nerf it the wrong way by not making it as + as before. Nerfing the chip a bit but keeping the advantage is fine.

I agree with the NW suggestions at least, didn't look at other characters.
Honestly its all pretty small changes, most character who got a nerf somewhere got a small buff somewhere else barring Superman who received a few smaller changes and BA who lost the orb cancels and got a slight scaling increase off of his clouds.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Scorpion's flip kick should be at least -5 on block not -10 as it is now and maybe MB Port should be neutral or less negative on hit?
It being -10 but him being airborn for a good amount of it prevents people from getting as huge of a benefit. Also to my knowledge, isn't MB post still safe on block? Right now he still has his mix-up potential and generally has his vortex, he just doesn't have the damage to make it threatening.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
It being -10 but him being airborn for a good amount of it prevents people from getting as huge of a benefit. Also to my knowledge, isn't MB post still safe on block? Right now he still has his mix-up potential and generally has his vortex, he just doesn't have the damage to make it threatening.
MB Port is -8, Hawkgirl, NW, and more can full combo punish it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I went ahead and added in minor scorp frame changes on the flip kick and port punch then, I think -4 on MB would prevent the free punishes while not being too smothering, and -8 from -10 makes it a bit better to go against people whose most damaging options are a bit slower.

BoricuaHeat

MB Teleport is punishable by some of the cast even with the push back and with flip kick at least being -5 would help with him always being unsafe after everything besides 2u3 (overhead shoulder). Fixing his Strings would be nice too.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
MB Teleport is punishable by some of the cast even with the push back and with flip kick at least being -5 would help with him always being unsafe after everything besides 2u3 (overhead shoulder). Fixing his Strings would be nice too.
I'm willing to concede if you are spending the meter it should at least be somewhat safe, but as far as flip kick goes, making it -5 would render it a very effective and generally unpunishable footsie tool on top of his already zone-control heavy kit. Making it -8 means if you make that good read on wake-up it'll do its job, and its a bit forgiving if you make the wrong read, but it isn't good enough to just throw out randomly to check the opponent.

BoricuaHeat

Agreed with the Flash changes, but a lot of Flash players disagree and with good points to their opinions.

Zyphox More universal thread to get points across man.

Xenrail You could add some info on some off these characters if you'd like bro.

AK Harold More suggestion threads haha.

FOREVER BALLIN

Flash is bottom 2
I like some of the Flash suggestions but he doesn't need true mids, his B3 is fine imo, getting I think around 39% or something is good (that's a combo with B3 in it) for 1bar no trait and also his trait can already be used for more than just combos

BoricuaHeat

I'm willing to concede if you are spending the meter it should at least be somewhat safe, but as far as flip kick goes, making it -5 would render it a very effective and generally unpunishable footsie tool on top of his already zone-control heavy kit. Making it -8 means if you make that good read on wake-up it'll do its job, and its a bit forgiving if you make the wrong read, but it isn't good enough to just throw out randomly to check the opponent.
Good point, was just thinking about it as means to make his strings safe, but they should be safe in the first place.

BoricuaHeat

I like some of the Flash suggestions but he doesn't need true mids, his B3 is fine imo, getting I think around 39% or something is good (that's a combo with B3 in it) for 1bar no trait and also his trait can already be used for more than just combos
38% Raw B3 actually, and trait change so its used with more emphasis outside of combos but it's a very risky change, I tagged some more Flash players so they could give their 2 cents on the matter (they will find there way here tho). B3 after mb lighting kicks would be nice and broken haha.

For Superman, increase scaling off of heat zap. Scaling on super breath is fine right now, lets him get 47% midscreen. Heat zap is what makes corner damage really high. It's only used mid-combo in the corner. More recovery on zap would stop the corner damage, though. Scaling could instead be brought up on standing 3 to lower corner damage. Only a bit, though. He should be able to pull 50-60%

Deity

Noob
leave my j2 alone! I need to be able to jump around like an idiot mashing j2 lol. also what is meant by hitbox fixes to cat stance?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, I'm just thinking making the b.3 a bit faster on the pick-up would allow for more combo potential for the character himself, and would probably help with some of the drops that may occur within the tight links Flash combos are infamous for. Its more a quality of life for people not as savvy with the quick inputs (like myself) while not breaking the bank since, generally, its the same move that simply puts more control into the hands of people using it while not making it something that can be thrown out mid-combo by itself.

Trait, although I agree it ~can~ be used for footsie tools its cooldown is incredibly long and is better spent doing the damage as it is now. Increasing the duration and scaling means it can still be used for combos, but its not necessarily the end-all optimal choice that you have to neglect the neutral state for. Meanwhile, decreasing the cooldown helps offset the damage scaling by ensuring you can go into trait more often (not significantly so). But as I said, its just my opinion.

BoricuaHeat

For Superman, increase scaling off of heat zap. Scaling on super breath is fine right now, lets him get 47% midscreen. Heat zap is what makes corner damage really high. It's only used mid-combo in the corner. More recovery on zap would stop the corner damage, though. Scaling could instead be brought up on standing 3 to lower corner damage. Only a bit, though. He should be able to pull 50-60%
I believe Superman should also get better pressure of his other strings if they nerf F23 and normals what do you ya think?

FOREVER BALLIN

Flash is bottom 2
38% Raw B3 actually, and trait change so its used with more emphasis outside of combos but it's a very risky change, I tagged some more Flash players so they could give their 2 cents on the matter (they will find there way here tho). B3 after mb lighting kicks would be nice and broken haha.
B3 after MB LK would be godlike but as you said that would broken as a MF lol and I meant doing something like B22 MB LK D2 b3 J3 B22F3 LC is like 39%, if I was to do a MB B3, well I wouldn't I'd do Mb F3 instead.

BoricuaHeat

B3 after MB LK would be godlike but as you said that would broken as a MF lol and I meant doing something like B22 MB LK D2 b3 J3 B22F3 LC is like 39%, if I was to do a MB B3, well I wouldn't I'd do Mb F3 instead.
38% after F3 as well so really just use b3 during combos, I gotta find some block strings which could use B3 before even thinking about buffing it.