What's new

Does anyone besides me choose a particular song as a theme before each tournament ?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I stopped listening to music during gameplay, but everytime I travel to a tournament I make sure to listen to this album in its entirety:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I've tried:

Hasn't worked yet tho...lol
OM Fucking G at that right-hand portion of your sig. This made me bust out laughing in the middle of my corporate office for a moment before I remembered where I was and quickly forced myself to clamp it down.

But back on topic: I actually have, but it has always been by accident. I'll just be on the road on the way to the said tourney with my iPod going until I bump into one song that I feel compelled to repeat over and over again. It never fails.

I think that the last one that I went to recently (GGA Fright Night), it ended up being this:

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
yeah i pick a song for each tournament ive only been to one but you know lol but last time it was survive by rise against

SPOKESY

Noob
Never been to a tournament.....NOWHERE near that level lol.....but if I did I would probably listen to this before going into it

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Never been to a tournament.....NOWHERE near that level lol.....but if I did I would probably listen to this before going into it
if you make the effort to make it out to a tourny, you are at that level ;)

anyways on topic, never listen to music when playing/training, i NEED game sound.
although on the morn of a tourny i blast my house out of it to get hyped up.
these normally on the play list...

listen to alot of angelspit and marilyn manson i general so dump it in on tourny day lol.
also someone pm'ed me song months ago and i normally stick it on (the chorus is why,christian rap def aint my bag but this song too funny2me)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This was playing in my head a few days before EVO
Until i listen again today and understand the lyrics, LOL

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I am encouraged in particular to hear these songs, are one of my favorite bands for many years, especially KMFDM, I use these songs in my tributes to Kabal, usually this songs refresh my memory before the tournaments.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am encouraged in particular to hear these songs, are one of my favorite bands for many years, especially KMFDM, I use these songs in my tributes to Kabal, usually this songs refresh my memory before the tournaments.

Mannnn We a lot alike lol

I wanna see "Rabble Rouser" MDFMK synched up with 2NDC lol

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Mannnn We a lot alike lol

I wanna see "Rabble Rouser" MDFMK synched up with 2NDC lol
PIG! I had booked "Rabble Rouser" and "You're no good" for a possible tribute Kabal / Skarlet, but never learned to use a Skarlet and just stayed on an idea jjajjaj, the idea was kind of confrontation of combos between these two characters, you have very good taste in music!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Always had a soft spot for impending doom vocals :)
Love it. Old school metal flare played hella low on 7 strings. ID a breath of fresh air with all the super technical stuff coming out. I love the mathy stuff, but some times it's nice to let the groove and vocals shine.

Love it. Old school metal flare played hella low on 7 strings. ID a breath of fresh air with all the super technical stuff coming out. I love the mathy stuff, but some times it's nice to let the groove and vocals shine.
I think the serpents servant was their best work. Its like the inspiration to the later Though the eyes of the dead stuff