What's new

Doctor Fate Pre-Release General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after watching playstation access video where they show some new dr fate gameplay I can see that the overhead teleport is actually a special, and the red aura is indeed his own boost special that changes his other moves' qualities. He also can gain up to 3 Ankhs flying above his head - looks similar to Sinestro's trait)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Okay so the whole thing that looked like him stealing the health drain actually seems to just be a red aura thing that changes his specials (just like @legion666 mentioned) Idk if that's gear (i hope not, it'd be cool if he had a bunch of different auras like that) also I can't tell entirely but it SOUNDS like he's saying "Vengeance of Horus" or something to that extent so I think it was just a thematic choice to have him do it after Atrocitus does his life drain. I can't wait for the break down, should be cool and should tide me over till my secondary is finally revealed.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Holy shit. Pig of the Hut and Jupiter will go NUTS with this guy! I see orbs and teleports like MMH, Zod and sinestro zoning, and all kinds of strange links and antics. This dude is gonna fucking wreck shit!

I don't consider myself the type to commit to a character before release but this trailer was absolutely the best bit of Injustice 2 that NRS has pushed out thus far and he really seems like the type of character I'm aiming for in INJ2. Set ups, zoning, probably some mix 'cause it's friggin' NRS, just sign me up please. Far more excited than I was before now that there's a character I'm truly interested in playing. Scoot your giant red ass over, Atrocitus.

EDIT: Check it you guise I've even got this dope new avatar to show my loyalty. We in there. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

I$AAC

Noob
I was hype for this game already and I thought I had my mains set only to have NRS throw a wrench into those plans. He's a definite a day 1 character for me! Looks like I have another character for my main(s)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hopefully they release a 13 min long video of gameplay or a character breakdown trailer asap.
I hope whenever they reveal a character from now on (in this style, gameplay trailer hype and such) they put out a breakdown followed by a 10-15 minute video showcasing the character. It helps build hype and gives us a better idea of what we're getting into.

I hope he doesn't play like Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme...
Wow, their moveset is looks pretty similar. Even their super too to a certain extent.

Speaking of that, his super is kind of lack luster. All he does is basically transport you somewhere and hit you with his regular special moves. Figured it would be more extravagant.

Wow, their moveset is looks pretty similar. Even their super too to a certain extent.

Speaking of that, his super is kind of lack luster. All he does is basically transport you somewhere and hit you with his regular special moves. Figured it would be more extravagant.
People should realize that Dr Fate was the sorcerer superhero way before Dr Strange was created, greatly inspired by Fate to say the least)))) also his super doesn't just transport you somewhere, it takes your opponent inside the Amulet of Anubis ( which "inspired" the Eye of Agomotto) where the souls of all the previous dr fates are housed. All these other dead Fates attack the opponent inside the amulet's pocket dimension before he is thrown back into earth's dimension. This super is actually cool in terms of giving us a glimpse at Fates world so to speak and showing us the heritage of the mantle of fate

It would be awesome to have a Mordru skin for Fate. He is one of my favorite villains. They could either make him look almost like Dr fate with his amulet, cloak and helmet (as Mordru did possess them in the past) or make it a completely different primier skin with long hair and all)

Dark magic throw though)) that keep away) turn off interactables button) still waiting for Brainiac, but I am definitely going all in with Fate

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
id play him just for the fact he can lock out interactables, thats so cool man
But 16bit showed that trait effects Interactables as well. So...like....can I make Car hit harder then before? Cause thats just wrong. We need to know how trait plus interactalocks functions. That could be some really, REALLLY, dirty UNBLOCKABLE Interactable setups.

Ok, so after rewatching the stream I think that when the Black Magic Trait is active the Sharidum's lock (the special that blocks the nearby interactables for the opponent) either greatly increases in range or applies to the whole map)

babalook

Noob
I'm pretty disappointed that alt special moves won't be allowed in competitive mode cuz that tracking orb looked sick. On another note did anyone else notice that when you release the little floating symbol things there is no activation animation, so when trait is active these are basically the same as sinestro's trait.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
2-1 1+3 is going to bring me great satisfaction.

NRS really nailed his movements/moves. This is the definitive Doctor Fate.

I love how he can actually cut off an avenue for getting past his zoning by disabling interactables. By far one of the more creative moves in the game that fits his gameplan to the letter.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I love how he can actually cut off an avenue for getting past his zoning by disabling interactables. By far one of the more creative moves in the game that fits his gameplan to the letter.
I don't know how effective it'll be for that because it seems he has to be pretty close to shut down interactables and if you're zoning you won't be that close. Unless his trait does make it full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.