What's new

Question Do you think the 3 variation system is something that will stick in future MK titles?

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
I Think 3 variations is too much. 80% of the cast dont even have more the 1 viable variation. They should change to 2:)

ErMac333

Noob
I love the variation system, it brings more variety to the movelist, adding many new specials that we never saw before in the franchise. But then again I feel like 3 variations is something easy to saturate, I mean, MKX2/MKXI, considering there'll be many returning kharacters from MKX, I think it's pretty hard to come up with 3 brand new variations, unless there's 1 returning and 2 new, still kinda difficult to develop, and could turn into quite a badly executed system, creatively speaking.

So maybe 2 variations per kharacter next time is a better choice, but I like the system nonetheless and would accept it's return in any form.

I would be interested to see the variation system mixed with Injustice's character trait mechanic. I like variations, but not how some characters play completely differently depending on the variation. If you could just swap out different traits, that would be great. Like each of Grundy's different grapples could be buffed and made into a separate trait. Joker's terrible trait could be swapped out with a more damaging parry or special move.

RiverHB

Noob
I'm sure everyone had a prediction on how the variation system would play out between when MKX was first announced and launch. After almost a year of experience, numerous patches, Kombat Packs, tournaments, etc., how do you feel about them now compared to pre-release? Should they return for MK 11?

I think they did as good of a job as they realistically could. Sure many characters seem to have a go-to variation, with some being useless. But overall, I think they add value to the game.

Thoughts?