What's new

Question Do you think the 3 variation system is something that will stick in future MK titles?

virtiqaL

Noob
When the game came out, before the big balance patches, I was pretty 'eh' on the variation system.

But at this point, they've seemingly got it so well balanced that I'd be surprised if we didn't see it in the next MK title. Obviously not every variation is tournament viable, but they've done way better with balancing them and making the variations varied and unique moreso than I initially thought they would've or could've.

The only thing that I KINDA dislike about variation system is that it, atleast for me, seems to make learning matchups more daunting than they otherwise would be.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I would hope so, but probably not. One of the strange things about NRS that is fairly unique is how they completely change core mechanisms between games. The basic idea of the variation thing has been around for ages,I mean wasn't it deception that had the three stances including the weapon stance? So I think this is kinda something that NRS has always liked the idea of.

That being said, I expect that we will not see it in injust2 ... also NRS needs to do some market research and see exactly how the variation system is getting used by the players. Making 3 sets of moves "must" be a lot of work... it may just not be feasible from a cash perspective to keep doing it if all that dev time is never getting used. I mean, mabey they will be better served by having a roster that is 2-4 slots larger instead... stuff like that\. With luck the online states will have this kind of information for them to make the best decisions moving forward.

At this point, maybe. But I still prefer the standard one fighting style like in MK9. I'm still trying to figure out how these variations work in matches. I know combos though. That's about it lol.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Hopefully. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me. Some characters really do play completely different based on the variation and I think that's cool as shit.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'd rather they never make a return. 90% of the time only one variation is chosen anyway and it provides an excuse for the developers to not include certain characters **glares at Mournful**.

It was cute for one game, but I'd rather see more strongly designed single characters make a return

Skedar70

Noob
Hopefully. I like it, it keeps characters interesting. I imagine it must have involved a lot of work, imagine designing all those characters with three variations each and then balancing it. It must be a daunting task.

D

Deleted member 9158

I could see something like multiple xrays in the future, but I don't see them returning to multiple variations again.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I'd rather them just be kept to this game. Some variations just seem like filler, and lessens the value of some characters, (Jade being the most obvious). I hope they dont make a return

with how the pro players complimented the variations, I will definitely goes on to next mks, which is great thing. The variations are awesome