What's new

Question - Kobu Jutsu Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 66.7%

• Total voters

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
If they this happens, we might as well nerf dvorahs bug cancel as well as that one doesn't have gaps unless you're greedy.

Wigy

There it is...
Back

Dash

:eek:

Shes negative on everything or has big gaps.

In the corner its not pretty, but tbh thats part of the game, the only characters that have to sit and eat shit in the corner are the ones that have that as a balanced part of their game, eg tremor predator and quan.

Well... Takeda too but he really needs to be buffed..

I would rather a buff to low tier than nerf to high.

She has to spend meter and then shes negative

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
If you say yes or no BUT haven't played a great kobu player your opinion is invalid. Personally even as raiden I struggle against kobu because she has +frames for days,can confirm into the launcher and has a very painful mind game with the optional extra hits and stagger strings

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Kobu's pressure is good and all, but I don't think it's too good - don't forget that her df2 strings are unsafe unless you're willing to spend a bar of meter.

Though tbh, whether or not I'd agree with a 'normalisation' depends entirely on what OP means by 'normalised' - it's one of those words that can mean just about anything on this site lol.
i hate the term "normalized" as its used simply as a justification to nerfs when in reality it's entirely based on ones opinion.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
She has no 50/50, her tele cancel pressure is not on the level of other characters run cancels, her ex Tonfa throw is inconsistent, and she has short stubby normals other than f2 and b1.

She is fine. The game is good right now. It doesn't need another patch.
No they need to make Pyro Tanya better and then the game is fine.

Kobu's pressure is good and all, but I don't think it's too good - don't forget that her df2 strings are unsafe unless you're willing to spend a bar of meter.

Though tbh, whether or not I'd agree with a 'normalisation' depends entirely on what OP means by 'normalised' - it's one of those words that can mean just about anything on this site lol.
You make it sound like it's simple to punish when she doesn't spend meter - It's definitely not. By normalized I mean to be weakened somehow (doesn't matter how). For example I would consider 1 extra frame on b1's startup a normalization (I don't mean that's what should happen).

Yes op, let's cripple another one of her variations. Also let's stop using the word "normalize/ed/ing". We all know you want to stay Nerf
Actually in my opinion pyromancer was overnerfed and now needs buffs. But that's not the discussion here.

Back

Dash

Not

That

Simple

E

Eldriken

It doesn't need it. If it comes, so be it. But it doesn't need it
So it's okay for the shit characters to remain that way? I'm not calling for nerfs to the better characters, mind you. It's just the lesser characters need to be slightly better than they are. What's wrong with a game being more balanced than it already is?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So it's okay for the shit characters to remain that way? I'm not calling for nerfs to the better characters, mind you. It's just the lesser characters need to slightly better than they are. What's wrong with a game being more balanced than it already is?
This thread isn't about that is it? It's about nerfing Tanya unless I missed something.

If they want to buff low tiers fine but many don't really need buffs. I play goro and dualist, and I used to play nightwolf...I do fine.

Sure buff them if you want but the top tiers are fine...which again...is what this thread is about.

E

Eldriken

This thread isn't about that is it? It's about nerfing Tanya unless I missed something.

If they want to buff low tiers fine but many don't really need buffs. I play goro and dualist, and I used to play nightwolf...I do fine.

Sure buff them if you want but the top tiers are fine...which again...is what this thread is about.
Yes, you're right. Sorry for the minor derailment. =P

Well, when you say "The game is good right now. It doesn't need another patch" that brings up a whole 'nother discussion. If you know that this thread isn't about that, why even bring it up? I know this is off topic but I don't understand your logic

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well, when you say "The game is good right now. It doesn't need another patch" that brings up a whole 'nother discussion. If you know that this thread isn't about that, why even bring it up? I know this is off topic but I don't understand your logic
That's my opinion, take it or leave it. I've made peace with the game as it is and if it never changed I'd be OK with that. You don't have to be but that's your prerogative

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I must be missing something, was a patch announced?

OT: While there are options out of her pressure it is quite a big risk to the opponent. I do think EX Tonfa swipe having two hits of armour is un-necessary.
I think it makes it interesting, the issue IMO is that it's -8 on block.

Couple that with the conversionability and the fact that it also breaks other armored moves... yeah... it should be negative as fuck and punishable by everybody.

That's my opinion, take it or leave it. I've made peace with the game as it is and if it never changed I'd be OK with that. You don't have to be but that's your prerogative
I'm not even talking about that, i'm saying when you keep stating "That isn't what this thread is about, is it" when you're the one who brought it up is just kinda odd to me lol.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
She has no 50/50, her tele cancel pressure is not on the level of other characters run cancels, her ex Tonfa throw is inconsistent, and she has short stubby normals other than f2 and b1.

She is fine. The game is good right now. It doesn't need another patch.
Someone thinks differently, hence there being another patch coming out. We just have no idea what to expect.

Hopefully it's not the last one. However, if it is, hopefully it's a massive balance patch.
It doesn't need it. If it comes, so be it. But it doesn't need it
So it's okay for the shit characters to remain that way? I'm not calling for nerfs to the better characters, mind you. It's just the lesser characters need to be slightly better than they are. What's wrong with a game being more balanced than it already is?

Yes, you're right. Sorry for the minor derailment. =P
Sorry for the quote tower but given it was Lord who brought up the tangent on the game no longer needing balancing patches, i just don't think its Eldriken who needs to apologize for thread derailement.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Omg I'm sorry but I'm fine with the game as is...or buff the low tiers a little. Idgaf. Just leave the top tiers alone.

Happy world? God I hate message boards.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Her pressure is not even that good. She actually has to take a risk when an opponent have meter. Her cancels can be mb punish.

If you want to nerf a character that has true pressure that builds up a lot of meter, and can't even mb out of the pressure!!!! Nerf Lui Kang Dragon fire variation.

This variation don't need to be nerf and this thread should be closed because this is just stupid. Tanya pressure have huge gaps. I don't see people going to lui Kang forums and saying Nerf Lui Kang dragon fire when that variation is top 5 or top 10.

If you think this varation is op then you are a scrubby player that can't think out of the box (RANT!!!!) When there is better pressuring character then Tanya like (cough) Lui Kane Dragon Fire.