What's new

Do top tournament players even read these forums?

Nah I never post on TYM EVER.......
If there was one top tournament representative I could think of that post here it would be you. In your opinion, do you feel like other top tournament players over look this site because of all the nerf threads? Do you feel like, even though there are slot of nerf threads, there is still a lot of valuable tech that top players could learn from reading these forums?

I just find it odd that top raiden players know less about raiden than what's posted on here. I mean, I watch jwong and Paulb play all the time. They're way above my skill level, but I can tell my knowledge of the character seems above there's, and that's because of the things I learned on this site

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If there was one top tournament representative I could think of that post here it would be you. In your opinion, do you feel like other top tournament players over look this site because of all the nerf threads? Do you feel like, even though there are slot of nerf threads, there is still a lot of valuable tech that top players could learn from reading these forums?

I just find it odd that top raiden players know less about raiden than what's posted on here. I mean, I watch jwong and Paulb play all the time. They're way above my skill level, but I can tell my knowledge of the character seems above there's, and that's because of the things I learned on this site
They dont post on the site because a majority of it is filled with nonsense lol.

Plus they arent really trying to become top MK players, J wong even said he just likes to have fun with the game.

Pig, Brady, Reo, 16-bit, Slips, and a bunch of other top NRS players post here. I'll be surprised if JWong sticks around much longer in MKX. I'm not sure what is motivating him at the moment, but I doubt he will ever take it serious enough to come here for tech.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I feel like the entire CAPCOM scene's top players definitely do not post. I'm not sure what they're reasons are but I can imagine

Reo, Tom, Denzel, MIT slips 16 bit ducky cowboy post to name a few right off the bat. Sonicfox posts when he had great new findings

Some may say I post way too much, Infact I say that but most of the time I post to try to energize certain topics and infuse hype and energy

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I feel like the entire CAPCOM scene's top players definitely do not post. I'm not sure what they're reasons are but I can imagine

Reo, Tom, Denzel, MIT slips 16 bit ducky cowboy post to name a few right off the bat. Sonicfox posts when he had great new findings

Some may say I post way too much, Infact I say that but most of the time I post to try to energize certain topics and infuse hype and energy
You've beaten Tim Static for most posts on this site.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah I dont care about getting the credit. I just want to see jwong destroy people with raiden and it's unfortunate he hasn't checked any of our stuff out. People need to see how good raiden is. Would love to see jwong fundamentals with raiden's discovered potentential so far. It would be insane lol.

Forums like this are an amazing resource when used properly and it'd be nice to see the meta progress as far as possible as soon as possible.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Pig, Brady, Reo, 16-bit, Slips, and a bunch of other top NRS players post here. I'll be surprised if JWong sticks around much longer in MKX. I'm not sure what is motivating him at the moment, but I doubt he will ever take it serious enough to come here for tech.
He says he thinks the game is fun.

Plus the pot bonuses lol

But that's good that you post a lot. Everyone knows your passion for kenshi and knows if you say he struggles in some aspects, he probably does. A lot of people want Jacqueline nerfed. Cdjr has put in time and has decided she's bottum 10. If he came here and said she's not that great and doesn't need nerfs it would shut a lot of people up.

I think it would benefit a lot if the NRS pros posted there opinions more on this site. Such as your kenshi thread and how he struggles. I feel a lot of pros are afraid to post because people will take their word as gospel and over react. The thing is, you all DO know way more than us, and your word on balance is more important.

The more top players interact with the vast majority the better. And this is the best place to do it. Most people on this site know what there talking about

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I have seen most of the known NRS guys on here at one time of another....
I see some more often then not just lurking... I mean reading and using tech doth nor require posting...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The vast majority of the top players who have MK as their main game read the forums. Some post, others just scrape the boards for information :cool:

But this doesn't include all of those for whom MK is just a 2nd or 3rd game (like Justin).

Last edited:
Wong's strength has never been in intricate game knowledge or maximum combos.

His strength is in his hidden mutant power to shut down the opponent's controller at a moment's notice.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Also take into account that there could be top level players only posting in private PMs sharing tech and what not.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Well, top level Capcom players rarely post here, but top NRS players do time to time. Jwong, while being more involved offline than 98% of this "community" does not post here, but Fox, PL, Pig, 16 Bit, Slips, Forever King, DJT, MIT, etc. post here whenever they feel like it.

They're probably waiting for the dust of 5000 new members joining TYM after a google search of Raiden combos to settle so that their threads don't get immediately shot to the gallows in 2 seconds lol

(I'll also note that I because I found Tom Brady's Sektor kombo thread back in 2011 via google and thought I would become a pro hehehuehue :p)

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
They're probably waiting for the dust of 5000 new members joining TYM after a google search of Raiden combos to settle so that their threads don't get immediately shot to the gallows in 2 seconds lol

(I'll also note that I because I found Tom Brady's Sektor kombo thread back in 2011 via google and thought I would become a pro hehehuehue :p)
Actually Raiden section is pretty slow and there are two threads where you can get optimal combos just by examining OPs. I'm surprised that many other sections don't have a single person willing to organize that kind of crap even though combos are already established at this point.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm sure there are plenty of pro players that browse TYM.
But with rather unrelated and silly topics popping up a lot lately, it scares people away.

Not to mention fanbois who if they see a pro player on here send them messages and what not like crazy.
They also can't say much either cause the slightest little thing gets blown out of proportion and everyone will know about it making them look bad, even though their intention and original note was not harmful at all.

I feel it is a risk they simply are not willing to take.
And perhaps some of them were originally active here but due to reasons stopped coming.