What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Discussing the Viability of Blood God and Sun God

people just dont know how to punish yet
Just rush sun/blood god down. Most people haven't figured it out yet. With blood god in particular it has:

* No armored attacks
* No wake ups
* No way to open up opponents
* No mix ups
* Relies on unsafe kombos and slow baseline special moves

All of Kotal Kahn's variations get zoned out easily as well, but blood god has it the worst all around. Aside from potential high damage it doesn't have a great toolkit. Everyone is very aware of blood gods strength...which is that its strong. Everything else is absent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just rush sun/blood god down. Most people haven't figured it out yet. With blood god in particular it has:

* No armored attacks
* No wake ups
* No mix ups

All of Kotal Kahn's variations get zoned out easily as well, but blood god has it the worst all around. Aside from potential high damage it doesn't have a great toolkit. Everyone is very aware of blood gods strength...which is that its strong. Everything else is absent.
everyone in my scene is always rushing me down, you just get destroyed sometimes.

Sun God is awesome. Not sure what you're talking about.

I'd provide a more robust argument against Sun God being weak, but the game is so young that I really don't think I have to.
Its weak, because war god is strong. All of Kotal Kahn's variation perform the same function. Close range combat, war god take it further and extends the range. It boils down to why would you want to bring a command grab over mid range sword attacks? What is the benefit of using sun god over war god? Is it the soul scourge heal?

The interesting thing about Kotal Kahn's variations is that they are variations of the same thing. Close range combat with a sword, close range combat with a command grab and close range combat with totems. Ultimately there isn't much variety, so you have a variation that does close range well making no need to have to use the other two. Since they don't offer anything of equal value, particularly blood god.

There isn't really any instance where the command grab will come in handy over anything war god offers.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun

* No armored attacks
* No wake ups
* No mix ups

I think its less about mix ups and more about footsies with the opponent. Plus you have to make them guess when its ok to press a button

Its weak, because war god is strong. All of Kotal Kahn's variation perform the same function. Close range combat, war god take it further and extends the range. It boils down to why would you want to bring a command grab over mid range sword attacks? What is the benefit of using sun god over war god? Is it the soul scourge heal?

The interesting thing about Kotal Kahn's variations is that they are variations of the same thing. Close range combat with a sword, close range combat with a command grab and close range combat with totems. Ultimately there isn't much variety, so you have a variation that does close range well making no need to have to use the other two. Since they don't offer anything of equal value, particularly blood god.

There isn't really any instance where the command grab will come in handy over anything war god offers.
No... You sir are forgetting that any string you end in War God, you can end in a low or overhead sword. Or rock the armored sword overhead and get a 35% damage combo for it.

War God is so badass. The more I play with it the more I like it.

I just won my local with blood god. Against guys that beat my war god in tournament.

Lol
VIDS, VIDS, VIDS.

What's the deal Aqua? You are becoming my Kotal Kahn mentor/sensei. You didn't ask for it, but it happened. That means, you have a responsibility to post videos demonstrating tactics that my inferior Kotal Kahn would not have used, so that I may smite all who oppose me.

Whilst possibly cutting their hearts out and squeezing their blood on my face.

...metaphorically speaking. Or literally...

Belial

Noob
Actually the damage off Blood God throw if Totemed and Cut (which can be sort of achived in a combo off f1b2) you get 24%. So blood god has some kind of mixup, what bothers me is that he has to get a lot of things started to get it off.
I just won my local with blood god. Against guys that beat my war god in tournament.

Lol
I would really love to see that vids or if you share some tech would be definitely useful to everyone.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I do want to see this also. I'm starting to like blood more than sun for the simple fact that totum makes his grab do same damage as sun God lv 3.
Bingo.

edit: AND it has more hit advantage than Sun Choke, which allows you to safely: A) Throw out another totem or B) Throw a Sun Ray on yourself.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Actually the damage off Blood God throw if Totemed and Cut (which can be sort of achived in a combo off f1b2) you get 24%. So blood god has some kind of mixup, what bothers me is that he has to get a lot of things started to get it off.

I would really love to see that vids or if you share some tech would be definitely useful to everyone.
Nothing really ground breaking tech wIse. Solid play. Got them afraid of grab in casuals and off of certain cancels into totem. Opened up button presses. PPopped off a few 60% combos, good converts, same random god ray camp at the end of rounds i used on bill. Im drunk at a spot we meet after so coherence is an issue lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nothing really ground breaking tech wIse. Solid play. Got them afraid of grab in casuals and off of certain cancels into totem. Opened up button presses. PPopped off a few 60% combos, good converts, same random god ray camp at the end of rounds i used on bill. Im drunk at a spot we meet after so coherence is an issue lol
Even better. I approve of drunk tournaments. Also...you know your boy shaved his mustache on Conan?

Lol
Videos to silence these fools?

btw ive been messing around with blood god a little more. he gives me a feeling a bit similar to mileena, a character that does not have super-good single tool but provides a constant threat with his mix of options and forces opponents into action and mistakes. healing, defense-buff, dot, super-buff the next 3 hits, advancing strings, jump-back catching f2, huge damage. a combination of all of these will lead to victory. and dont forget he has great pokes (sadly not THAT plus on hit) and uppercut. this character can be made work, its just hard.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
sun god is really fun, i think is better than war god, you dont get as many mix ups, but the command grab is superb, people get frustrated seen that stupid sun ray animation 6 or 7 times per match, the char is badass, all you have to do is preassure them into blocking, d1 grab, b13 grab, or b1 grab work on block, he has easy 35+ damage with most combos, you can interrupt strings with the ex grab, his parry is really the only thing that feels useless but thats on every variation, overall he is a very strong character, you make it sound like he was this game s baraka

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
You know there are different styles of character in this game -- thats to say not all characters in the game are 50/50 vortex charactersd and KK is an example of this. Hes clearly a footsie and punishing type of character, smh