What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Discussing the Viability of Blood God and Sun God

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Perhaps you haven't fought anyone who has absolutely no respect for kotal kahn. A opponent literally has nothing to fear from blood god, other than damage. In fact, they are doing themselves a disservice by not rushing down blood god. Because all it does is give bg the opportunity to buff up and maybe land a attack.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Also sun god is pretty damn good imo a potentially armored command grab thatll do 16% if fully charged. So u have to worry about tick throws or sun discs.

Dont get me wrong im not saying war god isnt good or anything but these other variations are good to just very slept on imo.

Sun god needs tweaks. Just some minor ones that were already mentioned would make it viable. His sun choke needs to do more damage, for starters

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
to be fair you only use War God and the other variations don't make up for what it offers

as much as i love sunny D it's a little all over the place in design, i think it could stand to be brought more in line with expectations someone has from similar characters
Correct that statement i use Blood and Sun God more in training and casuals than war god. I use war god only in tournament because of my history with Ares god of war.

delbuster

hungry
i think sun god should have more benefit for landing the cmd grab. it doesn't have to be damage. it could buff his projectile and/or his sun ray. i just think his theme isn't fully taken advantage of

similarly, blood offering should be more unique in blood god imo.

There have been too many complain threads. By guys new to the community or even returning. This game is still too young.
I saw your matches against a very defensive Tom Brady GM Sub Zero. Personally I loathe that character (Sub-Zero I mean) and was hoping you would saw him in half on principle.

Anywho, since you are a much better KK player than myself, would you bring Sun God Kotal to a tourney? I've come to the conclusion myself that War God is pretty much the viable version of Kotal, whilst the other two are not so much. Hence, the thread we are in.

Thoughts?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I saw your matches against a very defensive Tom Brady GM Sub Zero. Personally I loathe that character (Sub-Zero I mean) and was hoping you would saw him in half on principle.

Anywho, since you are a much better KK player than myself, would you bring Sun God Kotal to a tourney? I've come to the conclusion myself that War God is pretty much the viable version of Kotal, whilst the other two are not so much. Hence, the thread we are in.

Thoughts?
I used Ares, Rain, Cyber sub, and prepatch thawk in tournament. Tier means nothing to me Lol. Yes I would use all 3 in tournament.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Wouldn't mind a better walk back start-up and f12 being minus 6 or 7 on block.

Making his launchers safe would be too much imo.

i have not seen a good blood god or sun god kotal yet. i will treat this thread as a joke until i do. (hint: utilize parry and damage buffs)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Correct that statement i use Blood and Sun God more in training and casuals than war god. I use war god only in tournament because of my history with Ares god of war.
well ares is stinky

i still they're lacking in comparison. War God feels a lot more complete, whereas sun and blood suffer more from his awkward frame data

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I will not worry about things like this until I play the neutral game as PERFECT as humanely possible.

Kotal Kahn is also a walking mindgame. The dude makes your opponent think, regardless of whether they don't fear him or not.

I will not worry about things like this until I play the neutral game as PERFECT as humanely possible.

Kotal Kahn is also a walking mindgame. The dude makes your opponent think, regardless of whether they don't fear him or not.
that, and i guess people havent figured out how lame this character needs to be played. defensive rune and sunbeam on yourself are always your first options.

I used Ares, Rain, Cyber sub, and prepatch thawk in tournament. Tier means nothing to me Lol. Yes I would use all 3 in tournament.
Tiers indeed don't really matter when u know ur character (Catwoman) but blood god has problems that the other variations just dont have.
With little to no option to open up the opponent, sure Kitana and Kenshi ( KKK LOLz ) dont have real mixups neither but they have strong zonning to compensate that. BG has totems and 0 armor the only character without armor btw.
Most of the tools sun god and war god have to open up ( into command grab or into low or OH sword) dont't exist for Blood god. B14 for example is one of hes main tools in SG and WG but with BG blocked it will just lead to a full combo punish.
The Blood totem for its purpose ,stays way too long active forcing you to turtle for like 10 second trying not to get hit.

If u don't mind, upload some blood god sessions to prove us wrong.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Tiers indeed don't really matter when u know ur character (Catwoman) but blood god has problems that the other variations just dont have.
With little to no option to open up the opponent, sure Kitana and Kenshi ( KKK LOLz ) dont have real mixups neither but they have strong zonning to compensate that. BG has totems and 0 armor the only character without armor btw.
Most of the tools sun god and war god have to open up ( into command grab or into low or OH sword) dont't exist for Blood god. B14 for example is one of hes main tools in SG and WG but with BG blocked it will just lead to a full combo punish.
The Blood totem for its purpose ,stays way too long active forcing you to turtle for like 10 second trying not to get hit.

If u don't mind, upload some blood god sessions to prove us wrong.
Sorry but idk why aqua needs to prove himself to you or anyone else asking him to.

Anyway it might be hard to open people up as blood god but its definitely possible its all about making the opponent worrt about what youre gonna do next. Are u gonna pull up a totem during a block string or are u gonna throw a disc halfway through? Then they also have to mind what totem u have out. If i have damage totem out u have to worry about being punished for 50% or if i have damage reduction out you have to make sure to hit me because youre chip is pretty much gone which opens players to making hasty mistakes.

Its hard to open people up but once u do youre doing a ton of damage to them effectively evening out the game. Plus hes more about footsies than he is anything else.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sorry but idk why aqua needs to prove himself to you or anyone else asking him to.

Anyway it might be hard to open people up as blood god but its definitely possible its all about making the opponent worrt about what youre gonna do next. Are u gonna pull up a totem during a block string or are u gonna throw a disc halfway through? Then they also have to mind what totem u have out. If i have damage totem out u have to worry about being punished for 50% or if i have damage reduction out you have to make sure to hit me because youre chip is pretty much gone which opens players to making hasty mistakes.

Its hard to open people up but once u do youre doing a ton of damage to them effectively evening out the game. Plus hes more about footsies than he is anything else.
When you say " x and y variations are good, despite common belief" you kinda have to back it up.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
its funny how people who say SG and BG are fine only play WG in tournaments so far.

SG and BG need to be tweaked in a good reasonable way.

its funny how people who say SG and BG are fine only play WG in tournaments so far.

SG and BG need to be tweaked in a good reasonable way.
Both BG and SG need to excel in areas WG does not. All of the variations have close range playstyles, except WG does it all around better than both.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Another thing I want to add is that this char has several losing matchups because he can't even use f2, f1b2 of f12.

Non war god variations NEED these moves to be even slightly safer. Every single in the game except kotal himself has a free bnb the moment they block these

people just dont know how to punish yet