What's new

Destiny's Vault of Glass Has Been Conquered!

E

Eldriken

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19285-PrimeGuard-Shatters-Destiny---s-Vault-of-Glass.html

It took over 10 hours and 1600 deaths. That is INSANE. It's not bad, however. It's a good thing.

What REALLY piqued my interest were the new mechanics introduced that are unlike anything else in the game. Platforming sections, STEALTH sections, etc.

Read the article, guys. Raids might be where Destiny really starts to shine. Let's just hope it won't only be in raids that the game shines, as they won't be accessible by a large portion of the people playing the game due to time constraints, lack of friends that can participate, etc.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Bro you paid 60 bucks for one chapter then
says who?

We literally have no idea how much free dlc will come out

in the form of raids, game modes... etc etc.

They're basically taking the model of micro-transactions to another level it seems. Or at least that is the feeling I get from everything. But instead of the transactions being items to use..... they're pieces of the story.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
thats great and all, but normal people don't have 10 hrs to kill on a fuckin raid bruh

and imagine the server dropped you when you were half way through
they have save points

and your'e right. But i mean....... if we had 4 other xboners we could run it over a weekend and into maybe monday.
Or even simply say "ok guys...... lets get through a checkpoint tonight" and run it through a week.

Just to experience it I would set aside 2 hours of my night to do that.

and to yell SGT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
@STB Sgt Reed

E

Eldriken

Bro you paid 60 bucks for one chapter then
Like it's already been said, we don't know what they plan on adding for free. Hopefully Bungie isn't that stupid to charge for the majority of the content they add before releasing another game.

thats great and all, but normal people don't have 10 hrs to kill on a fuckin raid bruh

and imagine the server dropped you when you were half way through
They're not for everyone to do, obviously. The same rule applies to any other MMO. Perhaps Bungie will add something like Blizzard did for WoW; easier versions of the raid that offers slightly weaker gear, but it's still better than what you can get from Marks.

It's also been known that there are save points and they last the entire week. You could put in 2 hours a day for the week.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
they have save points

and your'e right. But i mean....... if we had 4 other xboners we could run it over a weekend and into maybe monday.
Or even simply say "ok guys...... lets get through a checkpoint tonight" and run it through a week.

Just to experience it I would set aside 2 hours of my night to do that.

and to yell SGT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
@STB Sgt Reed
Didn't know they had check points,

I'm all over this shit then

@STB Sgt Reed SGT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED, get dat ass in there booooooooyeeee

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
BECOME AND XBONER!!!!
We still gotta level up to even try this,

I have zero problem with it being difficult,

It's just, 10 hours is a long ass time lol.

Maybe we can get leveled up enough by the end of the weekend and set up to try next week, we can set up with Reed and a couple of those other boners in our group, i'll talk to them on the weekend,

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
We still gotta level up to even try this,

I have zero problem with it being difficult,

It's just, 10 hours is a long ass time lol.

Maybe we can get leveled up enough by the end of the weekend and set up to try next week, we can set up with Reed and a couple of those other boners in our group, i'll talk to them on the weekend,
Yeah I'm not close to being for the Vault

but the other strikes...... def.
The drop rates are good there, and you level up the Vanguard (or other affiliation) to buy their legendary weapons that just are stupid good.

Justice

Noob
says who?

We literally have no idea how much free dlc will come out

in the form of raids, game modes... etc etc.

They're basically taking the model of micro-transactions to another level it seems. Or at least that is the feeling I get from everything. But instead of the transactions being items to use..... they're pieces of the story.
The only response I have to this is the rage I felt when I bought the game, installed it, updated it then went into PSStore to get my free Vanguard gear and what do I see? A Season's Pass for the first 2 expansions for $40 after I just dropped $70 on this thing....

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I have no problem paying 60 bucks for chapter 1. They are going to release content for this game for 10 years. I'd rather pay money to add onto my current and past experience, rather than have them just release destiny 2 and nothing I did in this game matters.

It seems they are truly going with the MMO format of releasing content. This is awesome.

Lol to be honest, if you look at bungie's track record. I REALLY doubt anything will be announced for free lol Maybe like a few crucible maps will be free but for the big stuff....be prepared to dish out some money. LBSH....after halo 3 they released the, i think it was 40 or 60 bucks don't remember, expansion ODST...which was basically.....halo 3 from another point of view lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The only response I have to this is the rage I felt when I bought the game, installed it, updated it then went into PSStore to get my free Vanguard gear and what do I see? A Season's Pass for the first 2 expansions for $40 after I just dropped $70 on this thing....
so if the 2 expansions have as much single player content as the initial release (strikes, patrols, bounties etc) and they basically cost 20 bucks..... you're going to be mad?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Lol to be honest, if you look at bungie's track record. I REALLY doubt anything will be announced for free lol Maybe like a few crucible maps will be free but for the big stuff....be prepared to dish out some money. LBSH....after halo 3 they released the, i think it was 40 or 60 bucks don't remember, expansion ODST...which was basically.....halo 3 from another point of view lol
Lol no, ODST was a stand alone game that also included a halo 3 multiplayer disk that included all the halo 3 maps (original and dlc). It was an incredible deal.

Lol no, ODST was a stand alone game that also included a halo 3 multiplayer disk that included all the halo 3 maps (original and dlc). It was an incredible deal.
lol it was an expansion.

Also, you're right about the maps. Which is the main reason I , and most likely majority of the buyers, got if for. The deal for the MP maps was a good deal but to me...taht honestly just sounds like an expansion pack lol

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
I been wanting to do this also. currently on level 21. If any wants wants to level up with me hit me up. I'm on Xbox one darknatas is my gt.