What's new

Destiny's Vault of Glass Has Been Conquered!

so if the 2 expansions have as much single player content as the initial release (strikes, patrols, bounties etc) and they basically cost 20 bucks..... you're going to be mad?
lol but you realize all that 40$ "single player content" was cut from a game that was supposed to be triple A and have mega budget?

Destiny is 70$ for 1 chapter. If there's 10+ chapters at 20$ each you'll end up paying 300$ for a "full" game not counting actual DLC.

I remember when I bought complete games with full story, tons of side quests, enemy & loot variety, no level cap at 20-26, NG+, post-game dungeons and even post-game WORLDS for 60$. It doesn't feel like that long ago... Skyrim, Darksouls, Borderlands 2, Dragonquest VIII, Fall Out: New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Psychonauts, Castlevania SOTN, FFVI, FFVII, Suikoden II, Chrono Cross, Radiata Stories... LBSH each of those games > Destiny chapter 1-2

Special thanks to Dragonquest VIII which offered 100 hours of main story not counting side quests. We really miss games like you. *sniff*

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

lol but you realize all that 40$ "single player content" was cut from a game that was supposed to be triple A and have mega budget?

Destiny is 70$ for 1 chapter. If there's 10+ chapters at 20$ each you'll end up paying 300$ for a "full" game not counting actual DLC.

I remember when I bought complete games with full story, tons of side quests, enemy & loot variety, no level cap at 20-26, NG+, end-game dungeons and even end-game WORLDS for 60$. It doesn't feel like that long ago... Skyrim, Darksouls, Borderlands 2, Dragonquest VIII, Fall Out: New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Psychonauts, Castlevania SOTN, FFVI, FFVII, Suikoden II, Chrono Cross, Radiata Stories... LBSH each of those games > Destiny chapter 1-2

Special thanks to Dragonquest VIII which offered 100 hours of main story not counting side quests. We really miss games like you. *sniff*
I, too, miss those days. :/

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!

I remember when I bought complete games with full story, tons of side quests, enemy & loot variety, no level cap at 20-26, NG+, end-game dungeons and even end-game WORLDS for 60$. It doesn't feel like that long ago... Skyrim, Darksouls, Borderlands 2, Dragonquest VIII, Fall Out: New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Psychonauts, Castlevania SOTN, FFVI, FFVII, Suikoden II, Chrono Cross, Radiata Stories... LBSH each of those games > Destiny chapter 1-2

http://kotaku.com/dota-2-as-told-by-steam-reviews-1617013597

Look at the reviews, and more importantly the time spent :p

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Things change

you can blame every stupid soccer mom ever for showing the world how micro transactions can make people boatloads of money.

We all miss those times..... but they're gone.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
thats great and all, but normal people don't have 10 hrs to kill on a fuckin raid bruh

and imagine the server dropped you when you were half way through
As I have said before you can save mid raid and come back and your progress only wipes after the weekly reset. Get your facts straight before you cry.

My first time I downed The Glass Vault it took me and the crew 2 days.

E

Eldriken

As I have said before you can save mid raid and come back and your progress only wipes after the weekly reset. Get your facts straight before you cry.

We already explained this to him and he even responded to it, so there's no need to approach it in the manner you just did, dude. Lighten up.

Not everyone has the friends you do in the game, nor do they have the time. He wasn't aware at first that you could hit checkpoints and come at a later time and thought you had to dedicate 10 hours to it right then and there, which A LOT of people don't have the time for.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

lol, read the rest of the thread before you act like a dick,

gg's to you and your crew

My response after learning you could save at check points
Didn't know they had check points,

I'm all over this shit then

@STB Sgt Reed SGT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED, get dat ass in there booooooooyeeee
man, I'm a cry baby

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
We already explained this to him and he even responded to it, so there's no need to approach it in the manner you just did, dude. Lighten up.

Not everyone has the friends you do in the game, nor do they have the time. He wasn't aware at first that you could hit checkpoints and come at a later time and thought you had to dedicate 10 hours to it right then and there, which A LOT of people don't have the time for.
It pisses me off when people say "normal people." It implies that the rest of the gaming commuity which can down a toigh raid or will take the time to grind are abnormal. It is offensive in a passive aggressive way.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It pisses me off when people say "normal people." It implies that the rest of the gaming commuity which can down a toigh raid or will take the time to grind are abnormal. It is offensive in a passive aggressive way.
Alright, I'll re word it.

Most people with full time jobs probably won't have time for a 10 hr raid. My apologizes if using "normal people" offended you. It was not meant to imply you are abnormal in anyway shape or form, nor anyone else that has alot of free time on there hands.

I understand there are alot of people out there with alot of time on there hands. I in no way think that they are not normal people.

I want to do the raids and all that, just would not have been possible for me if there were no check points, that was my point.

My opinion on something as trivial as this should not piss you off if you are having fun with the game and have the time to spend on it.

I have only been able to play 11 hrs total, I just hit level 20 yesterday, I hope to be able to do that raid next week some time. Sounds like it will be fun.