Votes: 15 12.4%
  • average MKX

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • He needs it

Votes: 74 61.2%

• Total voters

4x4lo8o

Noob
Don't have access to latest patch but what are the new recovery frames on EX invisibility? Also, does it have armor all throughout its frames or is it possible to whiff punish it by waiting after certain frames.
16 frames. I think the armor lasts until you can block. If there's a gap there it's small and I didn't run into during the making of any of those videos

JDM

Noob
This isn't new, deceptive always had this, it's the main reason deceptive mains considered him to be good. Stop with the crying

This is what pisses me off. People are going to "discover" shit he already had. That was literally the only thing deceptive mains held as to why they thought he was good.... Now because the character isn't garbage its op? Fuck this site
Someone beat me to it!!!

yeah this shit has been around, not OP, not even nearly OP. Stop.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Lol at people saying this is ridiculous.. The armor is only active for like 3 frames
I'm not sure how to clearly demonstrate how many frames of armor it has, but take a look at this video that I made real quick trying to stuff it

Everything I can do either hits the armor or he can block. I tried hitting at the beginning and at the end, used a variety off attacks, etc. 112 can break some characters armor, but isn't fast enough break invis(some characters probably do have something multihitting that's fast enough, Liu Kang and Goro come to mind) or punish. Throw doesn't work. It's possible there's some vulnerable frames in there, but they aren't easy to hit. While I was making the videos for the op I never saw it happen

He was referring to the fact that there's already people crying to nerf this.
Except there aren't? There's only one person in the whole thread who says to nerf it, and he posted after Rapzilla. I guess two if you count my op, but that wasn't what I was going for and didn't use the word nerf or talk about changing the game or character at all, and even then there's way more people saying "let it rock" or specifically requesting it stay in. There's more people complaining about this being old or known, which is a much more annoying occurrence imo because it discourages people from sharing stuff(maybe crying for nerfs does the same thing, but people usually like hearing that the tech they discovered is broke).

That was about the culture of "My main doesn't have this so yours shouldn't" which is well a huge problem on this site.
Good point! They should actually buff this to have 3 hits of armor because Goro has that!

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
The idea isn't new, but it's definitely better now that EX Stealth has 11 less recovery frames. Good stuff taking the time to put together such a comprehensive breakdown. Even though the tech was known, this thread is doing a very nice job of bringing it to light.

As for it being OP, now that Reptile has one of the weaker armored launchers in the game, due to the EX Claw recovery nerf, having this alternate wake up / interrupt option will help him stay tournament viable.

JDM

Noob
I'm not sure how to clearly demonstrate how many frames of armor it has, but take a look at this video that I made real quick trying to stuff it

Everything I can do either hits the armor or he can block. I tried hitting at the beginning and at the end, used a variety off attacks, etc. 112 can break some characters armor, but isn't fast enough break invis(some characters probably do have something multihitting that's fast enough, Liu Kang and Goro come to mind) or punish. Throw doesn't work. It's possible there's some vulnerable frames in there, but they aren't easy to hit. While I was making the videos for the op I never saw it happen

Except there aren't? There's only one person in the whole thread who says to nerf it, and he posted after Rapzilla. I guess two if you count my op, but that wasn't what I was going for and didn't use the word nerf or talk about changing the game or character at all, and even then there's way more people saying "let it rock" or specifically requesting it stay in. There's more people complaining about this being old or known, which is a much more annoying occurrence imo because it discourages people from sharing stuff(maybe crying for nerfs does the same thing, but people usually like hearing that the tech they discovered is broke).

Good point! They should actually buff this to have 3 hits of armor because Goro has that!
Dude, making a thread with redundant information in a forum is annoying and kinda insulting to the people who play the character.

It only takes a second to look at old threads to see if the tech was already posted....

4x4lo8o

Noob
Dude, making a thread with redundant information in a forum is annoying and kinda insulting to the people who play the character.

It only takes a second to look at old threads to see if the tech was already posted....
I apologize. It wasn't my intent to insult anyone by posting old tech. It hadn't been mentioned on the forums since the patch. You don't need to worry about any more tech threads from me

Last edited:

haketh

Noob

It's redundant info but now it's easier for people newer to the character to find without having to sift through a bunch of bullshit and showing new ways it can be used due to the buffs it got. Chill.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This is really good stuff man!!! I been setting up the reptile bandwagon and really thinking about picking up this charactr. I mean he was dirty before but now he got some serious stuff all around.

It's redundant info but now it's easier for people newer to the character to find without having to sift through a bunch of bullshit and showing new ways it can be used due to the buffs it got. Chill.
I personally think this is a fine time to post a thread. Certain tactics like this should definitely get it's own thread. Kotal's parry and Tremor's crystal armor got a thread. It makes it much easier to learn a character when intricate tools are right there explained outright instead of looking through every little forum post. Every discussion thread from day 1 is a horrible mess for anyone looking to see what's up with a character. Never mind that this thread shows off new possibilities from the changes in a recent patch.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
This is exactly the kind of "oppressive defensive option" needed to balance the game against oppressive pressure characters, as @Pig Of The Hut alluded to. Now give this kind of stuff to Kano and Kenshi. Or... Give it back to Kano in a more balanced form.
Edit: The more think about this the happier I am it is in the game. Think of matchups where you have an offensivecharacter playing against a character with the tech like this. You can no longer just throw out cancel pressure, you have to weigh the risk if your opponent has meter, and try to condition them to use it when you choose not to cancel. And you still get satisfying pay off of a huge combo, one way or the other, when someone commits to their move.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
No, they can't because they keep getting destroyed by all the Kitana, Erron, Subzero, Predator, KungLao players that cry here to nerf it so they can take the public eye off of their broken-as-fuck characters.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I'm so glad this exists. I've been using it so much recently. It completely blows up every hole in strings. The armor is on for around 5 frames or so of the ability, so that means any hole (ex. Sonya B14, Dvorah 212) gets full combo punished by Reptile now without having to start with EX Claw and risking it getting stuffed. You can literally just use this as a reversal and you get a full combo punish (30%ish midscreen) along with Invisibility. Works great as a wakeup and anti-wakeup option as well, its incredibly versatile. This evolves his game a ton (I know its always been a thing, but because of the other Deceptive buffs it can truly be brought to life).

One thing to note though, this cannot parry X-rays, and you will take the full damage unlike if you get x-rayed while EX Invis'd (where you don't take the damage of the first hit).

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm so glad this exists. I've been using it so much recently. It completely blows up every hole in strings. The armor is on for around 5 frames or so of the ability, so that means any hole (ex. Sonya B14, Dvorah 212) gets full combo punished by Reptile now without having to start with EX Claw and risking it getting stuffed. You can literally just use this as a reversal and you get a full combo punish (30%ish midscreen) along with Invisibility. Works great as a wakeup and anti-wakeup option as well, its incredibly versatile. This evolves his game a ton (I know its always been a thing, but because of the other Deceptive buffs it can truly be brought to life).

One thing to note though, this cannot parry X-rays, and you will take the full damage unlike if you get x-rayed while EX Invis'd (where you don't take the damage of the first hit).
What happens that makes you think it only has 5 frames of armor? You're the second person to mention a limited number of armor frames so I did some more testing.

Goro's s2 is +2 on block. The bot is set to reversal Invisibility and auto block. I hit it with s2 and then follow up with normals of different lengths. d1 is 6 frames so it should be hitting on about the 4th frame. f3(the last move in that video) is 16 frames so it should be hitting on the 14th frame or later. Everything I did ended up hitting armor. Nothing stuffs the move, it either hits the armor or he blocks it

I tried testing the start up with Liu Kang. His f213~stance switch is supposed to be +6 and his f1 is 6 frames so I should be hitting around the first frame and I always connect with armor.

All the testing I've done and everything I've seen seems to imply that the move has 16 frames of armor, and as soon as the armor's gone you can block. If anyone has video that shows otherwise I'd appreciate it if you posted

Thanks for mentioning X-ray! I think I mentioned it in the first post but the armor hit always takes damage, you don't get the damage free hit until after the move finishes so you can usually take a hit with your armor and still absorb damage later. X-rays have armor break so they go straight through the Invisibility. The move gets stuffed so you don't get a hit without damage and you take full damage from the X-ray. X-rays and moves/strings that hit twice within 16 frames are the only way to punish this as far as I found so far