What's new

decay's sketchbook

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
You ever drew anything anime-esque Decay?

Sorry for not noticing these goldmine of a thread earlier?

Wondering if you take requests?

Decay

King of the Bill
I imagine his stuff will be under lock and key now that he is working for/interning for NRS.
It's not that all my stuff I can't show, BUT I am doing some stuff that I can't show and it takes a lot of my time up. As soon as I do some stuff for myself I'll post it.
You're so good. How long does it take you to draw these? You say quick but I couldn't draw those in a day. :/
Thanks man. Uh some I guess like a couple hours, and others a full day or so
@Decay

Bane vs Torr?
Battle of the masks.
Bane vs Torr? You know Bane got that on lock bruh!!

Decay

King of the Bill
I dunno man, Torr is an upper body god. Sort of like yourself. Biceps the size of the moon.
Honestly my legs are my strongest. My bench sucks compared to squat and deadlift proportionally. But yeah I think torr would get bodied because he's got no super human strength like bane with venom, and he has no intelligence like bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly my legs are my strongest. My bench sucks compared to squat and deadlift proportionally. But yeah I think torr would get bodied because he's got no super human strength like bane with venom, and he has no intelligence like bane.
He has more raw power though. When you get down to size wise, Torr has Bane beat easily. Also even with venom Bane has only been shown to be able to deadlift about 20 tons or so, which I'm sure Torr would manage.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
He has more raw power though. When you get down to size wise, Torr has Bane beat easily. Also even with venom Bane has only been shown to be able to deadlift about 20 tons or so, which I'm sure Torr would manage.
whoooaaaaa idk man, feats wise (not sure if there's anything in the MK comics on Torr, but from the game) all we've really seen Torr do is man handle someone like Goro, I doubt Goro is even close to a ton, let alone 20. I think Bane has the edge everywhere, size, strength, skill, intelligence.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
whoooaaaaa idk man, feats wise (not sure if there's anything in the MK comics on Torr, but from the game) all we've really seen Torr do is man handle someone like Goro, I doubt Goro is even close to a ton, let alone 20. I think Bane has the edge everywhere, size, strength, skill, intelligence.
Thats the thing though, Torr is strong enough to literally throw someone as large as himself incredibly high. Given it takes roughly 3 seconds for them to hit the ground, and about 0.5-1 seconds to reach the point where the game indicates they are falling, Torr is pumping out anywhere from 12000N to 24000N of force very casually. Thats in a vacuum too, not taking into account things like air resistance.

Bane has only lifted 20 tonnes at his maximum showing, and otherwise trades blows with Batman, whose upper limit is about one ton.
Bane's usual max strength could probably be gauged at about 1.5 to 2 tonnes.

Torr at his minimum pulls about 800lb more force than batman at his general maximum, so 1.3 to 2.6 tonnes or so at his own maximum. Its even closer than most people think, and thats Bane WITH venom on.

Decay

King of the Bill
Thats the thing though, Torr is strong enough to literally throw someone as large as himself incredibly high. Given it takes roughly 3 seconds for them to hit the ground, and about 0.5-1 seconds to reach the point where the game indicates they are falling, Torr is pumping out anywhere from 12000N to 24000N of force very casually. Thats in a vacuum too, not taking into account things like air resistance.

Bane has only lifted 20 tonnes at his maximum showing, and otherwise trades blows with Batman, whose upper limit is about one ton.
Bane's usual max strength could probably be gauged at about 1.5 to 2 tonnes.

Torr at his minimum pulls about 800lb more force than batman at his general maximum, so 1.3 to 2.6 tonnes or so at his own maximum. Its even closer than most people think, and thats Bane WITH venom on.
To be fair, any character in mkx can uppercut Goro and Torr equally high, so it's hard to argue Torr's strength based on a move, where Cassie can NJP and Uppercut him super high as well. Kano can headbutt Torr into the air with his face lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, any character in mkx can uppercut Goro and Torr equally high, so it's hard to argue Torr's strength based on a move, where Cassie can NJP and Uppercut him super high as well. Kano can headbutt Torr into the air with his face lol
outside of game mechanics, Goro and Torr are probably the only two in which such situations would actually be believable. You have to consider that Cassie has god killer blood running through her, meaning she probably hits pretty hard.

Kano is putting the entire force of his body behind his hit, and is trained probably to find maximum efficiency with his blows.

Torr is the only one using mainly his arm strength and is completely untrained, meaning he is using nothing but raw force.

Add in also his weight. He is heavy enough to flatten people with a basic low-momentum roll, meaning he is about 600lbs, give or take but we are going off of someone of Liu Kang's size and build. Given his proportions in game, we can probably assume that at least 2/3 or more of his body is just upper body muscle (on account of his arms reaching to about knee level and having considerably more mass in his chest and arms than anywhere else on his body), that means his upper body alone weights roughly 400 lbs.

Assuming, again, that about 3/4 of that is muscle (we can give some levity, he does eat tarkatan so perhaps they are fatty in content), we can still assume he has an acting muscle mass of about 300 lbs in his upper body alone.
If we take the frame data to be true to time, his b.1 (a hooking straight) is 10 frames, or about 1/6 of a second. We can boost it to .2 seconds, to be fair in terms of general times.

His striking speed given the weight is almost absurd. Add in also this is a short-lever type strike, meaning the force is very compact and thus doesn't lose much efficiency. He can lay out about 5 punches a second, assuming he were to alternate both hands with the same speed, which is by no means extremely fast but given his size its pretty potent. Going at that speed, he is going to be throwing out about 2 or 3 tons of level force naturally, with it spiking to almost 5 tons on a full contact. Don't even get me started on his uppercut, with his entire body behind him even given its slow speed the amount of force is reaching into about that 20 tonne range for his whole mass.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
while the fan calcs are real...

you make a good point. Fact is that Torr thows Goro with as much effort as he thr
outside of game mechanics, Goro and Torr are probably the only two in which such situations would actually be believable. You have to consider that Cassie has god killer blood running through her, meaning she probably hits pretty hard.

Kano is putting the entire force of his body behind his hit, and is trained probably to find maximum efficiency with his blows.

Torr is the only one using mainly his arm strength and is completely untrained, meaning he is using nothing but raw force.

Add in also his weight. He is heavy enough to flatten people with a basic low-momentum roll, meaning he is about 600lbs, give or take but we are going off of someone of Liu Kang's size and build. Given his proportions in game, we can probably assume that at least 2/3 or more of his body is just upper body muscle (on account of his arms reaching to about knee level and having considerably more mass in his chest and arms than anywhere else on his body), that means his upper body alone weights roughly 400 lbs.

Assuming, again, that about 3/4 of that is muscle (we can give some levity, he does eat tarkatan so perhaps they are fatty in content), we can still assume he has an acting muscle mass of about 300 lbs in his upper body alone.
If we take the frame data to be true to time, his b.1 (a hooking straight) is 10 frames, or about 1/6 of a second. We can boost it to .2 seconds, to be fair in terms of general times.

His striking speed given the weight is almost absurd. Add in also this is a short-lever type strike, meaning the force is very compact and thus doesn't lose much efficiency. He can lay out about 5 punches a second, assuming he were to alternate both hands with the same speed, which is by no means extremely fast but given his size its pretty potent. Going at that speed, he is going to be throwing out about 2 or 3 tons of level force naturally, with it spiking to almost 5 tons on a full contact. Don't even get me started on his uppercut, with his entire body behind him even given its slow speed the amount of force is reaching into about that 20 tonne range for his whole mass.
@Doombawkz stahp, I can't take the fan calcs anymore

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
As someone with Dysgraphia, which affects my handwriting and drawing skills, its really nice to see your drawings, as envious as it makes me lol. I would love to be able to draw these characters the way you do. They're amazing.

Decay

King of the Bill
As someone with Dysgraphia, which affects my handwriting and drawing skills, its really nice to see your drawings, as envious as it makes me lol. I would love to be able to draw these characters the way you do. They're amazing.
Hey, that means a lot to me. Is there any type of art you can do well? How about sculpting? I kinda want to get into sculpting myself. Thanks again
Prince goro!! Dope af
Yup, the Prince needs fancy armor