What's new

[Dec. 17th, 2011] PASS THE SALT - Hosted By WHB (Fairfax, VA)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Danny should have a list of people. When people filled out the application online, it had that information.

But for your sake, I'm bringing my setup again.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sorry, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it now. Long story short, my cat has a chronic gum virus that is spiking again not allowing him to eat. I don't want to leave him alone while in pain. Going to try and take care of the issue asap obviously, so there's still a chance he'll be okay by Friday night.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
MK9 Sign Up List

Total: 42

--SOVA--
Blackula
Tom Brady
Immortal Skillit
Curse
Drummer
Hatake Osawa

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Enforcer
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved
Kaos87
down 1
kandehbar
Jandek
Korpse
KiDigital (possible)

--RVA--
Dale Hamilton
Free All Day
Mattix (possible)

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips
Minerva
GunsTariq
Emperor Chaotic (possible)

--NC--
Lionheart
Death
Kingkiller
Angry (possible)

--PA--
SwiftTomHanks
streetsweep187
Teef
squirtmcgirt187

--KY--
PsychoJoseph
StillSmokedOut
ViciousShogun

--NY--
CD Jr (possible)

If your name is not on the list and you're planning on attending and playing MK9, please post up so I can add your name to the list.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Sorry, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it now. Long story short, my cat has a chronic gum virus that is spiking again not allowing him to eat. I don't want to leave him alone while in pain. Going to try and take care of the issue asap obviously, so there's still a chance he'll be okay by Friday night.
Damn. Hope your cat ends up being ok.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Let the countdown begin!

Heads up to everyone, we will be keeping a public record of all Wins/Losses as well as an Elo rating of all participants at any of our tournaments. To avoid bloat this will not take into account any exhibitions, money matches or casuals, it's purely based on your performance in bracket play. Keep in mind that Elo ratings take into account the strength of your opponent at the time you face them, it cares not what your overall rank was in the tournament. Links are in sig.

Also this Friday is the cut off for all K4K votes, keep throwing them at us!
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?13131-Dec.-17th-2011-PASS-THE-SALT-Hosted-By-WHB-(Fairfax-VA)&p=216758&viewfull=1#post216758

Sad to hear that man, I hope everything works out for yah. I can certainly relate, I have a dog and a cat and it sucks when you know they're in pain but can't tell you why. Hopefully it goes over smoothly, but if not you will be missed good sir.

Creepy00

Noob
Let the countdown begin!

Heads up to everyone, we will be keeping a public record of all Wins/Losses as well as an Elo rating of all participants at any of our tournaments. To avoid bloat this will not take into account any exhibitions, money matches or casuals, it's purely based on your performance in bracket play. Keep in mind that Elo ratings take into account the strength of your opponent at the time you face them, it cares not what your overall rank was in the tournament. Links are in sig.
Besides Telling us our overall performance, experience, and improvement, would the Elo Rating play a major role in a future tournament ?, Like Bose tournaments does. Lets say that get you get to skip your first 2 matches before top 8 or something like it.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Let the countdown begin!

And how do you determine "strength" of opponnet?

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
There is no current plan for that no, right now it's simply intended to be an official living document everyone has access to. If you've seen such things work well in other tournaments definitely feel free to lay the details on us though, we're open to criticisms and suggestions! Just ask Blackula, he's been a huge influence thus far.

But as of right now the only impact this doc would have on tournament play is an extra layer of seeding based on player "skill."

And how do you determine "strength" of opponnet?
Everyone started with an Elo score of 1000. So in round 1 everyone was fighting as equals. As people progressed through the bracket however their score changed and how many points you could pull from them was higher or lower as a result.

For details on how Elo works:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
You didn't miss anything, he was talking about the "Just ask Blackula" comment in my post, I was responding to Creepy but you ninja'd in a response so it looked like I was asking you to ask yourself. =P

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Speaking of the Elo system, are you going to start that from SCBD or start new with PTS? Actually, if you wouldn't mind, I would actually like a copy of SCBD bracket if you still have it.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
You will have to talk to the VATR crew if you want a copy of the SCBD bracket, that was prior to Beta and I talking about starting up MAK so they ran that bracket. This doc is intended to keep track of everything that has the MAK name tied to it, however if I can get my hands on the SCBD bracket I'll happily bring those in since it was mostly the same crew involved.

Eazail

Noob
No Weebie :-(

Hope he gets better soon

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Thanks to some reverse engineering from Blackula the player rankings have been updated with the SCBD results. RyRy needs to be taken off that pedestal this weekend!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I will be using cyrax, raiden, kung lao, kitana, kabal, and jax for this tournament. No way i can lose.

And johnny cage vs snips.