What's new

[Dec. 17th, 2011] PASS THE SALT - Hosted By WHB (Fairfax, VA)

Creepy00

Noob
So by the list, there arent going to be Nec attendees that havent registered :(
yet 40 is half or almost to Nec mk # of players. :cheers:

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Please take note!!!!!

UPDATE
MK will start at 1:00pm

Due to the number of people the admins have decided to start MK 1 hour earlier then last time. Please please please make note of this! Anyone who was at our last tourney knows that we start at the advertised time, we DO NOT wait for people to show. Most tourneys nowadays generally tend to start an hour or two late, but that is not us. So please be in the room by 1:00pm if you're looking to compete!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I'm sorry, but we cannot allow that, speed stick construction mid match is a totally broken tactic and is banned at PTS! Not to mention pressing buttons, that's banned to. I always knew Eazail was a cheater!
haha

@ blackula:

dude..add me to the list :) whether Andrew will be able to give me a ride or not...i will be there for sure!

i am seriously coming for my first place. so be Fully prepared!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
MK9 Sign Up List

Total: 42

--SOVA--
Blackula
Tom Brady
Immortal Skillit
Curse
Drummer
Hatake Osawa
Wai (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Enforcer
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved
Kaos87
down 1
kandehbar
Jandek
Korpse
KiDigital (possible)

--RVA--
Dale Hamilton
Free All Day
Mattix (possible)

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips
Minerva
GunsTariq
Emperor Chaotic (possible)

--NC--
Lionheart
Death
Kingkiller
Angry (possible)

--PA--
SwiftTomHanks
streetsweep187
Teef
squirtmcgirt187 (possible)

--KY--
PsychoJoseph
StillSmokedOut
ViciousShogun (possible)

If your name is not on the list and you're planning on attending and playing MK9, please post up so I can add your name to the list.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
So how about that stream this time? We finally gonna have it up? Hopefully no more issues and the part is available for the projector? Feel we would get more hype in the tournament to show it to everyone. Especially since I can commentate and make fun of Blackula's Kenshi and also to Eazail who wants to grow up to be just like Jax when he gets older. =P

Again, I'm willing to commentate the stream again since we didn't get it going last time. Lets throw some of that HYPE factor into the room and show that this turnout can be better then the last, shall we?! =)

Later!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I wanna be able to commentate on why snips is afraid to face my cage in a money match. Yeah thats right snips.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
So how about that stream this time? We finally gonna have it up? Hopefully no more issues and the part is available for the projector? Feel we would get more hype in the tournament to show it to everyone. Especially since I can commentate and make fun of Blackula's Kenshi and also to Eazail who wants to grow up to be just like Jax when he gets older. =P

Again, I'm willing to commentate the stream again since we didn't get it going last time. Lets throw some of that HYPE factor into the room and show that this turnout can be better then the last, shall we?! =)

Later!
Yup, Beta already has everything he needs for the stream and we now have the converter for the projector. The biggest reason why we couldn't get it up and running last time was because Beta couldn't get off work the day of TYR so didn't show up until we were already in top 8. Shouldn't be an issue this time however, he should be there well before the tourney starts so we can get things set up beforehand. Same with the projector set up in general, we should be able to transition a lot more smoothly into top 8 this time since the equipment should be setup beforehand.

As for commentating I believe Beta told you last time it was cool, so feel free to have at it! =)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
MK9 Sign Up List

Total: 42

--SOVA--
Blackula
Tom Brady
Immortal Skillit
Curse
Drummer
Hatake Osawa
Wai (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Enforcer
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved
Kaos87
down 1
kandehbar
Jandek
Korpse
KiDigital (possible)

--RVA--
Dale Hamilton
Free All Day
Mattix (possible)

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips
Minerva
GunsTariq
Emperor Chaotic (possible)

--NC--
Lionheart
Death
Kingkiller
Angry (possible)

--PA--
SwiftTomHanks
streetsweep187
Teef
squirtmcgirt187

--KY--
PsychoJoseph
StillSmokedOut
ViciousShogun

If your name is not on the list and you're planning on attending and playing MK9, please post up so I can add your name to the list.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
The last tourney in October, he did this.

- N0rdicNinja is matching whatever the final pot amount is. If 10 people show he's throwing an extra $50 into the pot, if 20 people show he's throwing an extra $100 into the pot, etc. More people, bigger bonus.

Pretty much, he doubled the pot since the entry fee is $5. And since the last tourney had 25, the pot was $250 instead of $125.

He hasn't said if he's doing this again, but I'll ask him. It would be cool if he did that again.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
is it true that for every 10 players the throw 100 dollars to the pot?
Ohh no u fuckin dont!! lol...i dont wanna see u there buddy! am going there to Win the tournament.....Shooo shoooo :p. it will be my first In MK! i have to acomplish this before SFxT!

PS: i luv u so much i swear lol...no hate...and no homo too! lol

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
is it true that for every 10 players the throw 100 dollars to the pot?
The last tourney in October, he did this.

- N0rdicNinja is matching whatever the final pot amount is. If 10 people show he's throwing an extra $50 into the pot, if 20 people show he's throwing an extra $100 into the pot, etc. More people, bigger bonus.

Pretty much, he doubled the pot since the entry fee is $5. And since the last tourney had 25, the pot was $250 instead of $125.

He hasn't said if he's doing this again, but I'll ask him. It would be cool if he did that again.
I did that for TYR since it was our first tournament, and since I'm now funding the winnings for K4K I wasn't planning on doing it this time around. However we weren't anticipating spot light players like Brady or CD Jr when we first started planning for PTS. With that said I'm not willing to base my donation off the number of people, as there is a lot of interest and it's Christmas time (expensive time of year), so instead what I will do is donate $200 to 1st and $50 to second.

So the prize distribution at PTS will now be:
1st - $200 + %70
2nd - $50 + %20
3rd - %10

If there's any question on the legitimacy of my word just ask the people in this thread, I've %100 delivered on every bonus I've ever promised. Consider this set in stone.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I did that for TYR since it was our first tournament, and since I'm now funding the winnings for K4K I wasn't planning on doing it this time around. However we weren't anticipating spot light players like Brady or CD Jr when we first started planning for PTS. With that said I'm not willing to base my donation off the number of people, as there is a lot of interest and it's Christmas time (expensive time of year), so instead what I will do is donate $200 to 1st and $50 to second.

So the prize distribution at PTS will now be:
1st - $200 + %70
2nd - $50 + %20
3rd - %10

If there's any question on the legitimacy of my word just ask the people in this thread, I've %100 delivered on every bonus I've ever promised. Consider this set in stone.
No love for third place. :p

How about $175, $50, $25 so third place can get a little extra? Just a suggestion. :)

Edit: I just thought about something. You adding $250 might actually cost you more than just matching the pot. There's only 42 names on the list right now and at $5, IF everyone does show up, that's $210. We would need more than 50 people for it to cost you more for a pot match.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
I realize that, but with Brady coming and if CDJr were to come as well, the number of people could spike past that easily. So I'm opting to just donate a flat amount regardless of whether it ends up being more or less. As for the split I opted for 80/20 to make the top spots all the more desired, fight extra hard in those semifinals if you want that bonus. ;)

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
After missing the NOVA get together and TYR, I will finally be able to attend this tournament. However, I will only be viewing the tournament and partaking in casuals. My game is no where near the level of the people that are attending lol Hopefully I can get some pointers on how to up my game by getting pwnd in some casuals. Look forward to meeting all that attend.