What's new

Breakthrough Deathstroke's actual block advantage

Coddfish

Noob
I don't think I saw it in the OP, but sword spin in the corner, on hitting a juggled opponent, how many frames plus or minus does Deathstroke get on that?

I've done some really basic testing, because I'm new to him, but a restand in the corner sounds sick for resets, considering his low starter, armored overhead, and crossup normals. Results of testing, if I mash grab or cr.1 after the restand, I can outspeed some decently fast jabs, but I have yet to test it against other cr.1's.
Sword Spin is negative on hit against a juggled opponent sadly, as far as I know. How are you testing it against jabs?
A couple of topics have been made about that reset, and general consensus is that it's a moderately useful gimmick at best, and can be exposed quite badly when people figure out what's happening. I haven't personally tried it myself (except for when I do it accidentally by dropping corner combos), but this is the conclusion many of the more experienced DS players on this board seem to have reached.

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3
Okay, I only had about 10 minutes to test it, my friends were about to come over and play against my new character. I used joker, that was my combo dummy at the moment, and set the record function to stand still for a second, then I mashed square very fast. Reset in the right corner, he jabbed as soon as he got out, and got thrown and cr.1'ed. I'm assuming I just ducked under the jab when I cr.1'ed, then. Dang.

Glad I didn't pursue it in matches, then. I still got a lot of victories just from zoning and jumping knee crossups.

Coddfish

Noob
Okay, I only had about 10 minutes to test it, my friends were about to come over and play against my new character. I used joker, that was my combo dummy at the moment, and set the record function to stand still for a second, then I mashed square very fast. Reset in the right corner, he jabbed as soon as he got out, and got thrown and cr.1'ed. I'm assuming I just ducked under the jab when I cr.1'ed, then. Dang.

Glad I didn't pursue it in matches, then. I still got a lot of victories just from zoning and jumping knee crossups.
I don't think the reset is entirely useless, you can catch people off guard with it from time to time - just don't rely on it, because your opponents will find the holes in it eventually if you do.

First post updated with the usual along with other useful info.

Quick Fire nerfed by 5 frames
(Air) Quick Fire nerfed by 11 frames
Machine Gun nerfed by 5 frames
Low Shots nerfed by 13 frames
Chip on Quick Fire nerfed by 50% (from 2.76 to 1.38)
Chip on Low Shots nerfed by 50% (from 2.76 to 1.38)
Meter built on block with Quick Fire nerfed by 33% (from 19 for full meter to 28 for full meter)
Meter built on block with Low Shots nerfed by 33% (from 19 for full meter to 28 for full meter)

Oh and just for shits, Low Shots are safer on Doomsday w/ trait up than they are on block :REO

Coddfish

Noob
Some characters can safely dash block a second low shots even after getting hit by the first one at ~mid range to full screen. Confirmed on Batman and Catwoman, probably most others as well. So regardless of what opponent does, low shots guarantees at least a safe dash for most/all of the cast.

On another note, I feel like Sword Spin may have been fixed (but not buffed). Using the jump test after a sword spin juggle ender now sees DS and the dummy jumping at exactly the same time from what I can see, suggesting it's neutral on hit instead of negative, like it was before. Can anyone else confirm this?

Some characters can safely dash block a second low shots even after getting hit by the first one at ~mid range to full screen. Confirmed on Batman and Catwoman, probably most others as well. So regardless of what opponent does, low shots guarantees at least a safe dash for most/all of the cast.

On another note, I feel like Sword Spin may have been fixed (but not buffed). Using the jump test after a sword spin juggle ender now sees DS and the dummy jumping at exactly the same time from what I can see, suggesting it's neutral on hit instead of negative, like it was before. Can anyone else confirm this?
It's still negative after juggling with me.

Coddfish

Noob
It's still negative after juggling with me.
Really? Crap, I'll play around more with it when I get home. Seems to be a lot of confusion around this; some people in other threads are reporting that the buff made it in as well. Would be neat if NRS gave us comprehensive, complete patch notes...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Meter built on block with Quick Fire nerfed by 33% (from 19 for full meter to 28 for full meter)
Meter built on block with Low Shots nerfed by 33% (from 19 for full meter to 28 for full meter)

Oh and just for shits, Low Shots are safer on Doomsday w/ trait up than they are on block :REO
The fact that they had secret nerfs in there is just disheartening. Meter gain reduction? Holy fork.

And machine gun? MACHINE GUN?? Why the HELL are we nerfing his WORST move??

/NRSlogic

Coddfish

Noob
Machine Gun I'm least concerned about. It's such a garbage move anyway, they can't make it worse.
I'd actually kind of prefer if they just removed it completely, at least that would stop accidental machine guns when I go from crouch block to F23

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Machine Gun I'm least concerned about. It's such a garbage move anyway, they can't make it worse.
I'd actually kind of prefer if they just removed it completely, at least that would stop accidental machine guns when I go from crouch block to F23
It's not useless. It's designed to be used with the trait. It hits mid and is harder to jump over than pistols.

Too bad we can't even use that now lol.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future

I hate what they did, but I like you for making with the information. Good work, man. These nerfs are indescribably ludicrous.

The fact that they had secret nerfs in there is just disheartening. Meter gain reduction? Holy fork.

And machine gun? MACHINE GUN?? Why the HELL are we nerfing his WORST move??

/NRSlogic
I have a feeling meter gain on block is based on chip damage and it was unintentional.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I have a feeling meter gain on block is based on chip damage and it was unintentional.
It's still a major problem. What's the point of attempting keepaway now?

Honestly, against competent opponents before, keepaway was "hey, I know you're gonna get to me eventually, but ill stock up on meter and chip the hell outta you before then!" Now what?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner

Honestly, against competent opponents before, keepaway was "hey, I know you're gonna get to me eventually, but ill stock up on meter and chip the hell outta you before then!" Now what?
"Hey, I know I can shoot these guns, but let me not use them because at this point they will only give you health back." c;

I don't know, the way they're making Deathstroke with those nerfs, seems to be to literally "pick your shots" which i'm kinda okay with. My only problem is not being able to check people from 3/4ths of the screen away like a Ryu fireball. It's weird knowing that you can't throw out Low gun shots and cause a little bit of chip and telling your opponent "respect my guns"

I meant the meter nerf was probably an accident and happened as a result of the chip nerf. And I agree, if he's still a zoner then he's the least threatening zoner I've ever seen, ever. Opponent blocks a gunshot, deal crap chip and build crap meter. If we had pre-patch MG it'd be his best projectile now and he'd still be able to somewhat zone a few like Aquaman and Frost, it's like the MG nerf was specifically to prevent that.

Coddfish

Noob
"Oppoenent blocks a gunshot, deal crap chip and build crap meter."

Don't forget: Opponent blocks gunshot, they get at least one free dash. Our projectiles help people get close now. While this was possible before, at least you had to respect the gunshot and be smart about appoaching if the DS player knew what they were doing.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I don't think I saw it in the OP, but sword spin in the corner, on hitting a juggled opponent, how many frames plus or minus does Deathstroke get on that?

I've done some really basic testing, because I'm new to him, but a restand in the corner sounds sick for resets, considering his low starter, armored overhead, and crossup normals. Results of testing, if I mash grab or cr.1 after the restand, I can outspeed some decently fast jabs, but I have yet to test it against other cr.1's.
The reset is so so. Best way ive found to use it and the most reliable way of setting it up is after landing a 23~SS MB in the corner on a standing opponent.

So its... 23~SS MB, d2~SS.... 23%. After the reset your anywhere from +10 to +15

Good way to set it up is after a blocked f23 in the corner. f23 is +9 on block and 23 has 11 frame start up. If your opponent attempts anything other than a super move after the blocked f23, the 23 hits them for free.

Last edited: