What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Dealing with jumps and crossovers?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This something i've been really struggling with. Most people can jump on me for free and I can rarely ever do anything. I know people say to use 1 to beat crossovers but it either trades or gets stuffed almost every time. I tried her d2 but that doesnt work consistently either. I'm assuming i'm messing up the timing but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: This applies to all Dvorah variations

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Well I use the anti air master kenshi so I never have problems personally :/ and the way I anti air is with my specials, which D'Vorah doesnt have, sorry for the pointless post since I can't really help you

Zoidberg747

This is in the Dvorah forum guys lol.

@Zoidberg747 weren't you telling people in that dave thread that they don't know what footsies are, yet here you are asking how to antiair? What?
Im not saying anti-airing is impossible or nonexistent, im saying I am having trouble doing it consistently. Big difference.

Apparently I can't post shit now without people coming down my throats.

MK_Al

Noob
This is in the Dvorah forum guys lol.

Im not saying anti-airing is impossible or nonexistent, im saying I am having trouble doing it consistently. Big difference.

Apparently I can't post shit now without people coming down my throats.
I think what he's trying to say is space them out rather then AA

Her uppercut is amazing ,but thats more of a last resort. The best thing is to be spaced out to where you can go in with F1 as soon as they land ,but if you don't feel comfortable with that backdash. If you spaced badly and can't backdash safely uppercut them.

Zoidberg747

I think what he's trying to say is space them out rather then AA
Thats not anti-airing though. I do that sometimes but other times I am either cornered or can't do that, so I want to know the most consistent AA for my character.

Zoidberg747

D2 and NJP are both insanely good especially for her.

Just gotta find that spacing and the reactions.
Can you use both of those to beat crossovers consistently?

D2 has worked for me sometimes. Guess I just have to tighten it up a bit. thanks.

When exactly are you doing the 1? I try and do it right when the opponent goes over my head but should I do it later or earlier?
Uhm I dont really know how to explain it, I just do it it as soon as I see the opponent try to crossover and it just works. Just record the Ai doing a crossover and practice it.

Zoidberg747

Uhm I dont really know how to explain it, I just do it it as soon as I see the opponent try to crossover and it just works. Just record the Ai doing a crossover and practice it.
I did. I think I realized the problem. If its an empty crossover than I can do 1 to stuff it most of the time, but once my training partners got privy to that they started doing a jump attack which stuff the 1 attempt. Thanks for the help anyway, sorry for the confusion.

I did. I think I realized the problem. If its an empty crossover than I can do 1 to stuff it most of the time, but once my training partners got privy to that they started doing a jump attack which stuff the 1 attempt. Thanks for the help anyway, sorry for the confusion.
It also depends on how they do the crossover. I am pretty sure you can easily standing 1 anti air crossovers that are timed to also hit crouching opponents. Your standing 1 will probably be stuffed though if they just do an as early as possible crossover punch that only connects on standing opponents.

Zoidberg747

It also depends on how they do the crossover. I am pretty sure you can easily standing 1 anti air crossovers that are timed to also hit crouching opponents. Your standing 1 will probably be stuffed though if they just do an as early as possible crossover punch that only connects on standing opponents.
Yeah thats the one they were doing.