What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Dealing with jumps and crossovers?

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
I generally don't have much trouble with jumps and crossovers. I use three tools pretty much exclusively to deal with them in three distinct circumstances.

1) d2: jump-ins from medium range can be almost always be d2'd, which is more than some other characters on the roster can say, from what I've heard. The only exceptions are cheeky scorpion mid-air teleports and the like.
2) f112 and f224: At close range, if I have advantage, I'll almost always opt for f11 or f22, wgcing on hit, and continuing the string on whiff. Both of these strings (f112 & f224) propel you far enough forward that a cross over will likely sail right over your head and whiff. Admittedly, f112 works way better for this purpose.
3) X-ray. D'vorah's xray is THE anti-air. If I have it stocked, I'll try to bait a jump in and punish with xray. In addition to the ~35% damage, it never fails to make the opponent think twice about jumping, especially once you've got your meter back. Just having those three bars in reserve can be the ultimate pre-emptive anti-air once you've trained your opponent to know that you're willing to use it.

EDIT: I should also mention that there's some funny business that can be done with swarm vortex trades while getting crossed over. If timed right, the swarm vortex will appear ON d'vorah, then trade favorably with any normal. I don't have the balls to try to use this practically, though.

Last edited:

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
This something i've been really struggling with. Most people can jump on me for free and I can rarely ever do anything. I know people say to use 1 to beat crossovers but it either trades or gets stuffed almost every time. I tried her d2 but that doesnt work consistently either. I'm assuming i'm messing up the timing but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: This applies to all Dvorah variations
I've been having a lot of troubles with the exact same thing. Jump ins you should not worry yourself with, D'vorah has the best range with her d2 in the game. So you should be able to beat out any jump in. Cross overs are a whole new game... her D2 is too slow to track the crossover, her s1 doesn't work for me all the time. I haven't tried the d1 very often, but I've been struggling against cross overs. Mb Ovi is a very good option because we almost always have meter. NJP is another possibility but you really have to make a ballsy read there.