What's new

Cyrax and Cyblax

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Sooo im making this, to have a place for reference in terms of differences between Cyrax and the newly discovered CYBLAX!!!

Cyblax

- Teleport is safe to the point of invincibility in its reappearing frames
- 21 has a slightly better reach and hitbox than Cyrax.
- Buzzsaw has a bigger hitbox
- 121 can be comboed into buzzsaw
- In the 1,1,1 string the last 1, has a bigger hitbox
- Unlike robo he can do his 60% BnB with a close bomb
- The close bomb 60% BnB CAN'T be breakered until after the B2, if you break during the uppercut, you still get hit by the bomb.
- Standing one has a better hitbox
- His bombs explode earlier
- Buzzsaw has a slightly bigger pushback on block
- Midbomb hits opponent at fullscreen range
- X ray has a bigger hitbox
- 1,2,1 can be linked into X ray
- Bombs travel further
-Better recovery on a thrown net

Cyrax

- Better response to bomb commands
- Can teleport right after a teleport, cyblax can't
- His buzzsaw is quicker than cyblax's
- You could make the case that he has a bigger damage output
- Launches bombs quicker after one has already been launched
- Nets come out quicker
- Faster Recovery after launched bombs
- Bigger hitbox on bombs
- Faster startup on net
I encourage you all to test and share, cmon guys!

Thanks to Narituba, J360 and TonyT for the contributions, let's keep it going!

Robotic

Gentleman.
After reading this and other threads about this cat, Im inspired to try him out now. I have no sub and I've never played as Cyrax. This might be awesome...

NariTuba

disMember
Dont forget what i posted in the previous thread about his bomb zoning... Cyblax midbomb WILL launch an opponent thats standing full screen because of the further roll. Far bomb rolls out of the screen but will also launch a full screen opponent.

The implications of the bombs rolling further affects combos as well (as someone mentioned in the other thread J360?) I wonder what new stuff is out there to be discovered because of this. The recovery of bombs seems to be SLIGHTLY slower for human, I assume this because you have to hit the uppercut in the bnb a little later than with robo... can anyone confirm/debunk?

Someone NEEDS to make a frame data comparison between the two... that would be awesome.

Im also interested in insta air teleport with human, it has an even faster startup and might allow for some stupid stuff

Into the lab now, will report back later. Good thread dude.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Dont forget what i posted in the previous thread about his bomb zoning... Cyblax midbomb WILL launch an opponent thats standing full screen because of the further roll. Far bomb rolls out of the screen but will also launch a full screen opponent.

The implications of the bombs rolling further affects combos as well (as someone mentioned in the other thread J360?) I wonder what new stuff is out there to be discovered because of this. The recovery of bombs seems to be SLIGHTLY slower for human, I assume this because you have to hit the uppercut in the bnb a little later than with robo... can anyone confirm/debunk?

Someone NEEDS to make a frame data comparison between the two... that would be awesome.

Im also interested in insta air teleport with human, it has an even faster startup and might allow for some stupid stuff

Into the lab now, will report back later. Good thread dude.
Yeah i forgot about that, i noticed it last night but didn't pay full attention to it, will post!
I've found the teleport to be way slower on startup, and to have more frames in which it can be poke out of.

Are you on xbox or ps3?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Can I add that Cyblax also has a bigger hitbox on his X-Ray! For example If you do 1,2,1~X-ray on a standing opponent with robo, the X-Ray wont hit, but it will with Cyblax.

Good Thread!

I stuck with Robo Sektor when everyone was raving about 122 anti-air combos and I'll stick with Robo Cyrax in spite of this news. What's the point of playing a robot if your not going to be a robot?

It is interesting how vastly different they seem to be. I hope this is a lesson that they pay attention to in the future. Alt costumes should not do this. And if they aren't supposed to be alts, they should have different slots on the select screen.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thats crazy human cyrax can combo 121 buzzsaw but cyrax cant, really good post man. thanks,been thinking of picking up cyrax/human cyrax and ths is good info :)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Sooo im making this, to have a place for reference in terms of differences between Cyrax and the newly discovered CYBLAX!!!

Cyblax

- Teleport is safe to the point of invincibility in its reappearing frames
- 21 has a slightly better reach and hitbox than Cyrax.
- Buzzsaw has a bigger hitbox
- 121 can be comboed into buzzsaw
- In the 1,1,1 string the last 1, has a bigger hitbox
- Unlike robo he can do his 60% BnB with a close bomb
- The close bomb 60% BnB CAN'T be breakered until after the B2, if you break during the uppercut, you still get hit by the bomb.
- Standing one has a better hitbox
- His bombs explode earlier
- Buzzsaw has a slightly bigger pushback on block
- Midbomb hits opponent at fullscreen range

Cyrax

- Better response to bomb commands
- Can teleport right after a teleport, cyblax can't
- His buzzsaw is quicker than cyblax's
- You could make the case that he has a bigger damage output
- Launches bombs quicker after one has already been launched
- Nets come out quicker

This is still pending on further testing, I WILL FIND everything! lol

I encourage you all to test and share, cmon guys!
Cyblax has a smaller hitbox on his bombs. Otherwise, if you time it right, he has the same resets that robo Cyrax does.

I did Robo-Cyrax's 80% bnb with Cyblax... unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it again... lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
About time this issue gets some serious attention. Surprised it took this long, to be honest. Good stuff all around, fellas.

NariTuba

disMember
Yeah i forgot about that, i noticed it last night but didn't pay full attention to it, will post!
I've found the teleport to be way slower on startup, and to have more frames in which it can be poke out of.

Are you on xbox or ps3?
on ps3 but the lag of the international connection and the fact that ive never played online (last night first! lol) would make it just dreadful for us.

dude teleport is soooooo good. Expert AI was trying to poke me during invinc frames... its like not even the game can handle it.

shoutouts to tournament special rule addendums for not allowing a winner to change costumes as Cyrax under the "winner cant change characters" rule

Cyblax has a smaller hitbox on his bombs. Otherwise, if you time it right, he has the same resets that robo Cyrax does.

I did Robo-Cyrax's 80% bnb with Cyblax... unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it again... lol
Sick! i was just gonna ask what his basic reset was. Which one is the more viable for him? I noticed the DarthArma reset works.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I found that if you have your opponent pinned down in the corner and you throw a close bomb it won't hit unless you backup. I tried it with robo and cyblax from the same distance and robo always launched while with cyblax i had to back up.

I don't know if the bomb has a smaller hitbox or if it's throwing the bomb too far. Im inclining to think the latter.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Great thread when I have the time tomorrow night ill record all the combos I've come across with cyblax.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I love Cyblax.

But I can't for the life of me get 2 1 EXBomb Close Bomb 123 onto BOOM to work.

Can it be done? Or are there different alternative - changing the combo or the bomb placement?

EXBomb Mid Bomb D2 EXBomb B2 Combo Of Choice still works. This makes me very squishy inside.
121 normal Saw is a WONDERFUL bonus, although EX Sawing them across the screen is still a blast.
The Teleport...I'm honestly really glad no one really blew this up until now.
There's STILL shit to get hyped about in this game :D.

How messed up would it be if Cyblax won a major before Cyrax did?
How soon would it be before people start blowing up his inbox like regular Cyrax?
"Yo, all the bullshit over the resets, all year long, and even his human counterpart won a tournament before he did, daaaaaaaaaaamn...I hope they don't nerf him, too."

I can already hear it coming.
In the words of Chris Rock, that train is never late. Lol.

NariTuba

disMember
I found that if you have your opponent pinned down in the corner and you throw a close bomb it won't hit unless you backup. I tried it with robo and cyblax from the same distance and robo always launched while with cyblax i had to back up.

I don't know if the bomb has a smaller hitbox or if it's throwing the bomb too far. Im inclining to think the latter.
Funny thing is it will hit a juggled opponent but not a standing one. jps,1,2,1~net, cb, 2,2 will launch tho.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Cyblax can do 2 of the same bomb off of 1,2,1! Ive only managed to get it to work in the corner so far with 2 x close bombs. robo can only do it from his 1,2,3 string.

EDIT: works midscreen too with midbombs and far bombs!

Wait a second..... Was this character totally un-explored before i posted that thread like a day ago? lol

TONY T, and Caraecrika, you guys should explore human secktor also.

BTW, here's my contribution. i played around with cyblax a little (EDIT: sorry already mentioned)
Far bomb rolls completely off the screen but can hit people standing a full screen away. This just makes it even more difficult navigating The cyrax minefield.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Cyblax can do 2 of the same bomb off of 1,2,1! Ive only managed to get it to work in the corner so far with 2 x close bombs. robo can only do it from his 1,2,3 string.

EDIT: works midscreen too with midbombs and far bombs!
Lmao this is what i just messaged you lol

I've been at it for two hours and haven't found a combo that will land the second bomb.

NariTuba

disMember
CORRECTION

mid bomb will NOT hit an opponent full screen. If you mid bomb from full screen by minimizing the dash forward or if a human walks back the mid bomb will explode right in front of them without launch (theres that smaller bomb hitbox at work). One small step forward and it will hit; somewhere between 100% fullscreen and 3/4 screen. The fact that the longer roll makes his zoning different still stands tho.

EDIT: Exteleport is looking VERY good to escape corner pressure. It seems to be random wether the opp is bounced towards you or away from you after the teleport hits them but in the corner you will connect in either instance if you dash first. It seems you cannot stuff it as a wakeup attack (tried to stuff it wil KL spin, needs more testing)

Ext, dash, 1,2,1~net, b2, 1,2,1~saw is 37%

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i just recorded his 74% 1 bar corner reset (breaker only escape). i also recorded a 94% 3 bar midscreen reset (breaker only escape). he can do over 100% but its a pain in the ass to record.

The 1,2,3 reset is damn near impossible. There are 3 main factors that make it hard.

The slow recovery after throwing bombs

Bombs traveling further

and the hit box on an exploding bomb is smaller

The 1,2,3, reset is as follows..

uf+2, 2,1~net, uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, midbomb, 1,2,3~close bomb, net, (reset) u+2, b+2, 1,2,1~ragdoll+throw... 75%

Because Cyblax has slow recovery from the midbomb, he cant do the small dash in for the 1,2,3~close bomb. He can do a small dash in and connect 1,2,3, but because it hits so low the close bomb wont come out.

Instead of doing the small dash in when doing the 1,2,3, you can just do a 1,2,3 without the dash in and it will connect and a close bomb will come out, but because the hit box on an exploding bomb is so small, they generally wont get hit by the exploding midbomb.

If by some miracle you manage to get them to hit on the exploding midbomb and you connect your second net for them to reset off the close bomb, sometimes they will miss the close bomb alltogether because the cyblaxs bombs travel further then robos.

I am yet to make this reset work for Cyblax. If it does work, its bullshit hard and honestly not worth attempting in a real match. He does have other 1 bar resets that do work but there just not as damaging as robo's.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
CORRECTION

mid bomb will NOT hit an opponent full screen. If you mid bomb from full screen by minimizing the dash forward or if a human walks back the mid bomb will explode right in front of them without launch (theres that smaller bomb hitbox at work). One small step forward and it will hit; somewhere between 100% fullscreen and 3/4 screen. The fact that the longer roll makes his zoning different still stands tho.

EDIT: Exteleport is looking VERY good to escape corner pressure. It seems to be random wether the opp is bounced towards you or away from you after the teleport hits them but in the corner you will connect in either instance if you dash first. It seems you cannot stuff it as a wakeup attack (tried to stuff it wil KL spin, needs more testing)

Ext, dash, 1,2,1~net, b2, 1,2,1~saw is 37%
Yeah man i noticed this today... but still i think this is probably his best tool besides, obviously the teleport...i was playing some very very good players today and we they tried to zone me i threw out a medium bomb and the just stood at fullscreen thinking it wasn't going to hit em and SPLAPPAAAA!!! They ate the bomb.

This character is too damn good and imo is way more balanced than robo cyrax, those damn hard ass combos are messing with my head lol.

Either way guys if you want a sure fire, never miss 50% combo here it is: JP,21~net, NJP~EX bomb,mid bomb,uppercut,b2,121~AA throw for 53%. It's not the whopping 60% BnB but it's way way easier.

NariTuba

disMember
The 1,2,3 reset is damn near impossible. He does have other 1 bar resets that do work but there just not as damaging as robo's.
Lost hours trying to connect the 1,2,3... i agree its too retarded! I had the problem you mention with the net not pushing them back enough while trying to reset with 2,1~cb, net too because of the longer roll on the close bomb. Whats a viable less damaging 1 bar reset for him?

Yeah man i noticed this today... but still i think this is probably his best tool besides, obviously the teleport...i was playing some very very good players today and we they tried to zone me i threw out a medium bomb and the just stood at fullscreen thinking it wasn't going to hit em and SPLAPPAAAA!!! They ate the bomb.
lol same thing here

Either way guys if you want a sure fire, never miss 50% combo here it is: JP,21~net, NJP~EX bomb,mid bomb,uppercut,b2,121~AA throw for 53%. It's not the whopping 60% BnB but it's way way easier.
After putting a couple of hours into it I can connect the 60% bnb no problem, its really not hard but you need to rewire your brain for the new timing. The secret is to delay the uppercut to wait for the recovery of the bomb. I also find that taking a small step back before putting the b2 under them helps keep it consistent; otherwise they sometimes fly over my head or I hit with the first hit of b2 and drop it.