What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

Wigy

There it is...
Before sub mains try drag us under the bus with you.

Cyrax has no decent mids
No armour except on knockdown...
On knockdown his armour can be stuffed by a single punch and has absolutely no range.

This means hes literally has the worst armour in the game.

His meterless damage is great i'd agree

Time will tell, if theres some super dumb setup yeah it should go but until then everyone calm their jets.

Thoughthe divekick should be around 5 frames more neg. lao cant punish that shit with ex spin

Last edited:
^ how so? roll backdash escapes the midscreen setup. you can stop them getting out of the corner... but timing is different than normal get up so it just becomes a guess instead of unblockable.

Am labbing rn, this char has setups in the corner. Damn. even beats lao normal spin, and its hard to block. this char is sick

The consistently broken DLC is getting really old.

If I permanently switch to SF that will be the reason.

Huge kudos to NRS for the improved netcode but this broken DLC nonsense has to stop.

I don't even understand why they are doing it. I doubt it even affects sales, as casuals will not know a character's tier placement before buying them.
inb4 all CSZ top 16 in the nearest tournament, its Tanya all over again

Last edited:
Something that irks me a bit is why some characters can break universal rules like being able to cancel your backdash when the rest of the cast can't (that's HUGE and blows out a lot of strategies). That's not the only "design rule" broken by a KP2 character.
same with scorpion, he can now special cancel sweep, why not right?

Error

DF2+R2
The bomb setups existed since MK9, and as a matter of fact they weren't lows, they were unblockable. smh
And based on this video I don't think REO knows what the definition of "full combo" is, you don't get a "full combo" off an exploding bomb. The overheads were ALSO safe in MK9 if properly spaced, had about the same damage, length and speed. Nothing of that stopped him from being mid-low tier. What the hell TYM.
was this not him in mk9? why is anyone surprised? atlas his damage isn't like quads.
I can't believe I'm reading posts downplaying MKX CSZ by comparing him to his MK9 counter-part.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It's very early to ask for changes since changes at this moment could kill the character but it's not early to know if a character is very good judging by tools.
My main concern here is that NRS gave this character tools that they took away from others, which is completely stupid. Anti-airing him is like anti-airing pre-patch Lao, blocking his hard to blockables is almost like blocking Quan Chi, him having a plus on block launcher is dumb because Tremor lost his (I know Tremor's had armor BUT Sub-Zero's is meterless and he can cancel his backdash into it), his bombs stay when he gets hit so...

I can't believe I'm reading posts downplaying MKX CSZ by comparing him to his MK9 counter-part.
whose downplaying? lmao tf. thats how he was in mk9. nothing about him has really changed drastically. nobody even cared about him enough in mk9 so this stuff isn't new

Tweedy

Noob
If the author of the OP wasn't REO you all would be hounding the OP to learn the matchup first. . Anyone who argues otherwise is a liar.
Reo didn't make empty claims. Whether he's right or wrong, at least his statements had substance, yours do not, like at all.

Edit: I put "first of all", then realized that I didn't have a second point lol. Oh well, back to labbing Alien.

Tweedy

Noob
Before sub mains try drag us under the bus with you.

Cyrax has no decent mids
No armour except on knockdown...
On knockdown his armour can be stuffed by a single punch and has absolutely no range.

This means hes literally has the worst armour in the game.

His meterless damage is great. But there is no setup i have seen thats as good as even takedas ex kunais.

Time will tell, if theres some super dumb setup yeah it should go but until then everyone calm their jets.

Thoughthe divekick should be around 5 frames more neg. lao cant punish that shit with ex spin
I understand you play Johnny Cage, but dang dude, for everyone else F4 is a great mid lol.