What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'll still be playing him. If you used B1xxIce Ball, you were playing unnecessarily yolo with cyber sub to begin with imo. B1(2+4) EX is wayyyy more safe in comparison, hit confirmable and grants more damage in BnBs. Divekicks should be unsafe too, I think its bullshit whenever I block one from Sonya and flub my punish and lose my turn over it. If I ever had a divekick go unpunished I felt like I won the lottery, it was never a crutch. F13xxIce Ball not working is pretty lame as that was my main whiff punish, but cyber sub builds meter like mad anyways I don't see a big deal into being forced to use one in that combo.
???

B1 2+4 is unsafe and you spend meter for the same damage as B1 xx Iceball. The only merit it has is that it didn't have a gap like Iceball did from strings.

Doesn't matter now that you're force to use meter for an OH starter anyway though

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Wasn't it his corner game that was broke as fuck, not his midscreen game. Why on earth would they slow down his Iceball, which weakens his neutral, then leave all the broken set play.

This nerf makes no sense at all to me. They've done this backwards.
thats netherealm for you

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Welcome to hat trick world, and thanks to that, i have no attachments to this patch, my character is shitter already, it can't get any worse than that.
well i also use sektor so, i have no problem dropping Csz for the clearly more well rouneded character.

i get the feeling they won't be happy until we have mk9 Subzero all over again, honestly the only difference is that this cyber sub has an armored move and has some dirt in the corner, other than that, they're shaping up to be pretty identical.

nerfing the divekick even further made no sense either, the dive kick isnt like other characters dive kicks, he doesnt really get anything off it like a knockdown or major advantage, i think on hit he's only like +2? if they block it hes now full combo punishable no matter what he does....honestly i don't think it should be full combo punishable, they shoulda left it the way it was, safe-ish depending on where you get it, or at the very least give good advantage on hit to get in and do something, cuz right now its mostly a high risk low reward move, so whats the point unless you are reacting to a projectile with slow recovery or somethng. and even then all you get is just a little bit of damage.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
never mind I just saw how harsh the drone call nerfs are holy shit why
I'm glad you don't disagree anymore, but still the drone call is really the icing on the cake tho, he'd be worst in the game without it. He now has absolutely no corner game, a fully punishable 50/50, an overhead that requires meter to combo without being hitconfirmed (still punishable on block as well), and absolutely no way to set up his bombs, plus the fact that he has Triborg pokes and no real mid

He's a crappy Master of Souls with no vortex, no meterless OH, no decent mid string for meter building for it, a slower projectile and half as much damage.

I'm an ex-Hat Trick main and before that an ex-Unbreakable main, I've learned and played Dualist, and some other low tier swimmers, trust me I know the struggle, and I can honestly tell you that CSZ is worse than any of them EVER were.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'm glad you don't disagree anymore, but still the drone call is really the icing on the cake tho, he'd be worst in the game without it. He now has absolutely no corner game, a fully punishable 50/50, an overhead that requires meter to combo without being hitconfirmed (still punishable on block as well), and absolutely no way to set up his bombs, plus the fact that he has Triborg pokes and no real mid

He's a crappy Master of Souls with no vortex, no meterless OH, no decent mid string for meter building for it, a slower projectile and half as much damage.

I'm an ex-Hat Trick main and before that an ex-Unbreakable main, I've learned and played Dualist, and some other low tier swimmers, trust me I know the struggle, and I can honestly tell you that CSZ is worse than any of them EVER were.
I don't have the patch yet, does F2 still have the same hit advantage?