What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Don't worry. I'm sure we are just working up to the violence part.
Considering the Michigan governor extended the lockdown despite the imbeciles linked above, it would not surprise me if it does become violent.

EDIT: "As of Friday, the state had 41,379 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 3,789 deaths, according to data from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Wayne County, Michigan, is the fourth-highest county of deaths in the nation with 1,782 coronavirus-related fatalities, according to the data." Yeah. End that lockdown, yall. Sounds all gucci.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/gblbik "The Mulford Act of 1967, signed into law by Governor Ronald Reagan, prohibited open carry in the state of California. The law was passed a mere 6 weeks after Black Panthers staged an armed protest at the state capital.
If you expected the NRA to come out in support of the Black Panthers, you'd be wrong. They fully supported the law."

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Mask Test:

I saw a doctor post this on Reddit but can't find the link anymore. Not sure how legit it is, but I suppose it's worth checking out. When wearing a mask, hold a lighter in front of your face and try to blow it out. If it blows out, your mask is doing fuck-all to protect you (and even less to protect others from you).

Target started selling bags of masks for $10 so my wife bought one. They come in an opaque package so you can't see them. When we opened it, we found a bunch of masks made out of something similar to felt; utterly useless.

If you have a mask that fails the mask test, you can augment it with a coffee filter. Just grab 1 or 2 filters and fold them in half, so you have 1-4 layers of filter. Put them in your mask, put your mask on, and press it tightly around your nose, cheeks, and chin to help it conform to your face. You should then be able to pass the Mask Test. This is obviously not as effective as using a real N95 mask, but it's better than nothing.

[Edit] I just found this. It's not the same video I originally saw, but I suppose that adds more credibility to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/fvqt4x
From a comment on that video:

"Not a doctor, merely someone who endured the SARS calamity before, and have been masking since January. To share: Wearing a mask is not mainly to protect yourself, but also to protect your neighbors and community. None of us know whether we are carrying the virus, and could be transmitting even before showing symptoms.

As it is known that the virus transmit primarily through spit and secondary touch, by everyone masking up, we can limit (not eradicate) the speed of transmission, which if unchecked, will overwhelme the hospital and health care support thereby leading to more deaths.
If everyone does it, then the individual will reap the benefits.

OP showed an inferior mask, which would allow spit to pass through. It meant the wearer, if asymptomatic BUT infected, will continue to spread the contagion."

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Btw this was a joke! :D No cause for alarm
As in, the man in the video is doing it on purpose?

[Edit] Oh wow, yup, found this buried in the comments:
"Yes, this was an humour attempt. Sadly this is spreading without context... Edit: I fail to find proof, except on discussions or r/Belgium so if anybody can give context. The guy name is Koen Geens, he is a Belgian minister."

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Considering the Michigan governor extended the lockdown despite the imbeciles linked above, it would not surprise me if it does become violent.

EDIT: "As of Friday, the state had 41,379 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 3,789 deaths, according to data from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. Wayne County, Michigan, is the fourth-highest county of deaths in the nation with 1,782 coronavirus-related fatalities, according to the data." Yeah. End that lockdown, yall. Sounds all gucci.
Yeah, but Cletus, his wife Karen, and their son Hunter Bocephus need haircuts. Furthermore, they need to reopen the Arby’s dining room so they can celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It's kinda fun watching the reactions of people to the realization that Michigan is full of backwards ass rednecks.

Some people like to say it's just the Northern or western parts, but I fucking see that traitor flag all over the suburbs of Detroit.