What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

As if the hospitals don't have enough to deal with, you have an idiot president telling people things that only an idiot would actually believe, giving them more crap to deal with.

just wow!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
One thing about this pandemic is I'm learning a whole lot more about the US. And sadly, it's all not good :(.
Really, it's just our government and the vocal minority. The majority of citizens are sick of this shit, but the crazies are just making the most noise and drawing the most attention. In Australia, they're dealing with the opposite. Instead of the far right causing issues, it's the hippies attacking 5g towers (or really, 4g towers, since 5g hasn't even been rolled out in a lot of the areas where they're experience problems...). Check out this amazing video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/g6jt6y

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really, it's just our government and the vocal minority. The majority of citizens are sick of this shit, but the crazies are just making the most noise and drawing the most attention. In Australia, they're dealing with the opposite. Instead of the far right causing issues, it's the hippies attacking 5g towers (or really, 4g towers, since 5g hasn't even been rolled out in a lot of the areas where they're experience problems...). Check out this amazing video:
Morons, all of them. Smh

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If sunlight helps kill the virus, does that mean Kotal Kahn will save us?

I guess if 3/4 of the people "there" weren't looking and just see someone hit the floor, it's party time.

Honestly, I've always just assumed the longer things go on, the more people will just start to come unglued for all kinds of reasons. Then we start freaking out because someone else freaked out, and you got to freak out because you got to get in front of their freaking out. Let's everybody do the freak out.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It has begun...

Trump just doesn't realize there are people seriously that stupid in the world who will drink lysol, who need to have the definition of "sarcasm" explained to them, would jump off a bridge if all their friends were doing it, have trouble chewing gum and walking at the same time, eat their own feces, etc.

Knowing there are people out there stupid enough to drink lysol or eat fish medication for the active ingredient (even though they say "Warning this product is known to cause cancer, and not for human consumption or use on fish intended for human consumption) absolutely makes me ashamed to be an American.

Do people really need to be specifically told that products with toxic warning labels ⚠ are dangerous and POISONOUS? My lord, how have they survived up to this point as it is already???

WARNING: DYING CAUSES DEATH. THE SURGEON GENERAL HAS DECIDED DYING IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Trump just doesn't realize there are people seriously that stupid in the world who will drink lysol, who need to have the definition of "sarcasm" explained to them, would jump off a bridge if all their friends were doing it, have trouble chewing gum and walking at the same time, eat their own feces, etc.

Knowing there are people out there stupid enough to drink lysol or eat fish medication for the active ingredient (even though they say "Warning this product is known to cause cancer, and not for human consumption or use on fish intended for human consumption) absolutely makes me ashamed to be an American.

Do people really need to be specifically told that products with toxic warning labels ⚠ are dangerous and POISONOUS? My lord, how have they survived up to this point as it is already???

WARNING: DYING CAUSES DEATH. THE SURGEON GENERAL HAS DECIDED DYING IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
I wouldn't get caught up in being an American thing. There are like 7.5 billion people going through this. There are bound to be all kinds of stories from all kinds of places. Nobody has been through this, everyone is freaking out, doing weird things, and some of them erroneously thinking they should be able to trust what comes out of the mouth of the person in the highest office of the nation.

A lot of people are gullible. They inherently trust what other people say, and are find it difficult to understand that someone would just say things or lie just because it makes them sounds good. I think it's a lot more useful to blame intelligent people for preying on people that didn't turn out as intelligent as they did, or can't help but see the world as being more honest than it is. Otherwise, at some point you just end up putting down people that are less than you instead of understanding the reality of people is not everyone gets the same character sheet in life with maxed out values.

I wouldn't get caught up in being an American thing. There are like 7.5 billion people going through this. There are bound to be all kinds of stories from all kinds of places. Nobody has been through this, everyone is freaking out, doing weird things, and some of them erroneously thinking they should be able to trust what comes out of the mouth of the person in the highest office of the nation.

A lot of people are gullible. They inherently trust what other people say, and are find it difficult to understand that someone would just say things or lie just because it makes them sounds good. I think it's a lot more useful to blame intelligent people for preying on people that didn't turn out as intelligent as they did, or can't help but see the world as being more honest than it is. Otherwise, at some point you just end up putting down people that are less than you instead of understanding the reality of people is not everyone gets the same character sheet in life with maxed out values.
There comes a point where you stop feeling sorry for people though. Like people who fall for the scams of televangelist. Okay first time you fall for it I feel bad for you, you wanna belvive that there is a higher power. I understand that, and can see why people will overlook the whole god doesn't need your money thing. But if you keep falling for it after finding out the first guy was ripping you out of your money, you've proven to me you refuse to learn and I'm starting to consider not warning you, you're just willfully begging to throw money away at that point that could go to getting your kids a higher education or giving yourself a retirement fund.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There comes a point where you stop feeling sorry for people though. Like people who fall for the scams of televangelist. Okay first time you fall for it I feel bad for you, you wanna belvive that there is a higher power. I understand that, and can see why people will overlook the whole god doesn't need your money thing. But if you keep falling for it after finding out the first guy was ripping you out of your money, you've proven to me you refuse to learn and I'm starting to consider not warning you, you're just willfully begging to throw money away at that point that could go to getting your kids a higher education or giving yourself a retirement fund.
I don't know that you need to feel sorry for anyone, but you do need to understand the reality of it.

If you need everyone on the planet to behave or make decisions the way you would like them to in order to be happy, then you will be miserable. You have control over exactly one person, and chances are, that person isn't a quarter as intelligent and good at making decisions as they think they are. That's just how stuff works. Some of the worst things people do is rooted in refusing to accept that, and then trying to enforce a life interpretation onto others.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

If these "Unintelligent" people (which may not be the right word, moreso just people with 0 common sense or horse sense) existed as animals instead of humans, there's a 99% chance that the ones who didn't end up as a meal for something else would be mounted on someone's wall as a hunting trophy.

Most would be picked off by other animals before reaching trophy size.

Otherwise, i would be on board with ya, save sympathy for cerebal palsy, down syndrome, anything classed as a mental handicap, etc....on the opposite end of the spectrum however, I'm not sympathizing for people with every ability to learn but refuse to.

I don't know that you need to feel sorry for anyone, but you do need to understand the reality of it.

If you need everyone on the planet to behave or make decisions the way you would like them to in order to be happy, then you will be miserable. You have control over exactly one person, and chances are, that person isn't a quarter as intelligent and good at making decisions as they think they are. That's just how stuff works. Some of the worst things people do is rooted in refusing to accept that, and then trying to enforce a life interpretation onto others.
I honestly don't know how to respond to this.

It's not really a matter of about being happy. It's a matter of realizing that some people are lost causes. I think people should help one another but there does come a limit when someone just keeps falling for the same dumb scams over and over.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not really Coronavirus related, but if anyone is bored in quarantine, Humble Bundle is doing an insane deal on Alien Isolation right now. The base game is just $2, or you can get the collection for $12.50.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/alien-day-sale/?linkID=&mcID=102:5ea365351211e879cc0525f9:ot:5d8a9d197ee2c9297f7a4021:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_04_27_goldenweeksale_2020&utm_content=Banner
I feel jipped paying more than a dollar for that game, I thought it was trash with a pretty coat of paint