What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
its definitely NetherRealm, i have had this problem on PS4 since Predator release... i know xb1 had this shit forever, but its getting obvious that they are messing around with the online coding again... even their bars got a little more green if you know what i mean.

i desyncd 5 times in 5 min. its obnoxious, on ranked no doubt

MadeOfMetal

Ive installed the game on my brothers xbox and it works completley fine. Been playing for hours now without any issue. The game version is 0.209-06. Same version of the game is on my xbox and it doesnt work at all. So it cant be an issue with the incorrect game version right? Can anybody comfirm if a factory reset works?
it won't work don't go down that long road.... when your ps4 starts back up and mkx launches it will retrieve : 0.209-06 version!

MadeOfMetal

Five minutes? Try twenty.

This bullshit is why I don't play the game online.
lol its one of many why i don't play online, online experience being one of them, as well as fluctuating latency during 2 rounds might be another.

i don't know how you guys deal with this shit... im furious with just the Online Lag, i don't have problems getting online MOST of the time, but i do disconnect from 4/5 of my online ranked

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
lol its one of many why i don't play online, online experience being one of them, as well as fluctuating latency during 2 rounds might be another.

i don't know how you guys deal with this shit... im furious with just the Online Lag, i don't have problems getting online MOST of the time, but i do disconnect from 4/5 of my online ranked
You're lucky to even get that far. LSoD makes it a struggle to even go to the main menu

MadeOfMetal

You're lucky to even get that far. LSoD makes it a struggle to even go to the main menu
i get where your coming from. id be mad, but honestly PS4 isn't far behind... 8-60frame lag that fluctuates, D syncing from almost every full 4 bar opponent, forget pulling of a simple combo... its maddening.

i was just relating to the horrible expereance that is NRS MKX online

MadCntt

Noob
Well... there are multiple problems i have with this...
- The fact that Paulo told me they changed NOTHING on their end with the Tanya patch
- From my experience, companies dont care if an issue only affects a minority of people, or take forever to even look into it
- The game sold so many copies already, they don't even have to bother to fix anything at all
- The fact that a company with that much money makes atrocious netcode for 3 games in a row, yet games like KI or Skullgirls have god tier netcode
- The fact that they completely ignore everything netcode related (especially questions) honestly makes me think that they troll the players
- The whole pre-order MK X + Kombat Pack feels like they already knew the netcode would be shitty, so they tried to sell as much as possible before the game even got released, since they knew a ton of people wouldn't buy it with such shitty netplay... (I'm glad i didn't buy the Kombat Pack, 50 bucks is already a joke for something that doesnt work 90 % of the time)

List could go on forever but that's just a small part that came to my mind

Anyway, still waiting to be able to not get the LSoD..

So i guess everybody who has the problem and still wants to play mkx has to get a ps4. Unless it gets fixed which i doubt at this point (its broken for over a month now).

i get where your coming from. id be mad, but honestly PS4 isn't far behind... 8-60frame lag that fluctuates, D syncing from almost every full 4 bar opponent, forget pulling of a simple combo... its maddening.

i was just relating to the horrible expereance that is NRS MKX online
And reading this i dont even want to buy another copy of the game for ps4.

So i guess everybody who has the problem and still wants to play mkx has to get a ps4.
And reading this i dont even want to buy another copy of the game for ps4.
Agreed. Why should they get our money again? Just so we can play the same game without this issue + having to grind to get all the extras etc (or pay for them) + have the privilege of handing over $500 to Sony as well? They get paid twice and we get screwed 4 times... nice.

- The fact that Paulo told me they changed NOTHING on their end with the Tanya patch
They may not have changed anything, but SOMETHING happened - be it by mistake, or a consequence of something else they did. There is something broken and we all have proof of it.

Given all the useless data they're tracking with MKX, I find it impossible to believe they don't have the capability to log a users profile/connection and see what is happening live when the issue occurs. Maybe, just maybe then they might see where all the packets are disappearing to...Boggles the mind.

Found another xbox user who has the LSoD, although his issues started at the predator patch. Been playing this guy almost since launch, and again it's as good as NRS games are, but just the initial connection is screwed he said.

What we know:
Type of connection type/speed doesn't matter.
Country doesn't matter.
Account/profile doesn't matter.
Time of day doesn't matter.
Wireless/wired doesn't matter.
Full factory reset doesn't fix it
Reinstall doesn't fix it (can occasionally fix it temporarily)
Xbox shows all networking is OK, other games work.

Issue can resolve itself temporarily if:
Use a different router
Change ISP allocated IP

Fix:
TBA...

EDIT: fixed per below post.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Agreed. Why should they get our money again? Just so we can play the same game without this issue + having to grind to get all the extras etc (or pay for them) + have the privilege of handing over $500 to Sony as well? They get paid twice and we get screwed 4 times... nice.

They may not have changed anything, but SOMETHING happened - be it by mistake, or a consequence of something else they did. There is something broken and we all have proof of it.

Given all the useless data they're tracking with MKX, I find it impossible to believe they don't have the capability to log a users profile/connection and see what is happening live when the issue occurs. Maybe, just maybe then they might see where all the packets are disappearing to...Boggles the mind.

Found another xbox user who has the LSoD, although his issues started at the predator patch. Been playing this guy almost since launch, and again it's as good as NRS games are, but just the initial connection is screwed he said.

What we know:
Type of connection type/speed doesn't matter.
Country doesn't matter.
Account/profile doesn't matter.
Time of day doesn't matter.
Wireless/wired doesn't matter.
Full factory reset doesn't fix it
Reinstall doesn't fix it (can occasionally fix it temporarily)
Xbox shows all networking is OK, other games work.

Issue can resolve itself temporarily if:
Change from Wired <> Wireless
Change ISP allocated IP

Fix:
TBA...
It's not the fact that Wired to wireless that temporarily fixed it for me. It was because I connected to a different router

MadCntt

Noob
I had 2 friends over, bringing their PS4 + MK X and the PC Version of MK X...

XB1 LSoD
PS4 worked
PC worked

All with the exact same setup that i always use, if you want to add that to your list

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I had 2 friends over, bringing their PS4 + MK X and the PC Version of MK X...

XB1 LSoD
PS4 worked
PC worked

All with the exact same setup that i always use, if you want to add that to your list
It was already mentioned that even playing on a different xbox with the exact same set-up works as well. But will add

FYI, mine still works.. So whatever happened in the latest patch behind the scenes did... something?

I was fortunate enough not to have the "ok it's working alright for awhile... aaaaaaaand it's gone" problems.

I can connect and play online.. But I can only tolerate a half a match before I give up still. Game's still just training mode.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
FYI, mine still works.. So whatever happened in the latest patch behind the scenes did... something?

I was fortunate enough not to have the "ok it's working alright for awhile... aaaaaaaand it's gone" problems.

I can connect and play online.. But I can only tolerate a half a match before I give up still. Game's still just training mode.
By latest patch you mean Pre-Pred release or the Pred release Tremor hotfix or a newer?

I have posted this is the other thread fraud blank made about this issue but ill post again here.
2 days ago i had to download an xbox update. Anybody had a update aswell?
Since then the game has been working again for me. Usually when it worked it only lasted for a few player matches.
So i assume that the update from xbox had something to do with it working again.
Also the version number has changed to 0.209-06- (a bunch of numbers) different numbers than before were it was not working.

I have posted this is the other thread fraud blank made about this issue but ill post again here.
Since then the game has been working again for me. Usually when it worked it only lasted for a few player matches.
So i assume that the update from xbox had something to do with it working again.
Also the version number has changed to 0.209-06- (a bunch of numbers) different numbers than before were it was not working.
I've got the same version 0.209-06- an it doesn't connect to online as it didnt before

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This is a hotfix that came with Predator's release that made Tremor not walk up to the screen anymore. No, it did not change for me and for most of us. Congrats dude, you are now free from the horror lol

MadCntt

Noob
The update you are referring to essentially did nothing that could fix this. This update was a "pre-update" for windows 10 interface, added some games
to the 360 compatibility and added new things to stream directly from xbox one.
Don't get me wrong, i'm glad that it works for you now, i had days where it worked for me as well, but i would be more than surprised if it lasted,
as like i said before, the update did nothing to fix this issue :/