What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Congrats WoundCowboy! Shinnok mains rejoice!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
But her other variations where good before she was nerfed, Shinnok's Hell Sparks got nerfed and now the other 2 variations are barely mid tier. (I main Impostor)
Well yeah but what does that matter now? She is still top 5 after the nerf because she has one top 5 variation. Shinnok is still top 5 after the nerfs because he has one top 5 variation. If you choose to play one of the lesser variations then you can't complain that people are overrating your character, because they aren't even talking about that variation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
1 variation makes a character top 3 ok.
Actually yes, 1 variation does make a character Top 3. As BS Shinnok's variation is better than the overwhelming majority of the other 70+ variations in the game, it would make him Top 5 at "worst".

Raiden is high tier because of TG, MoS and Disp don't even register when considering his placement. People aren't talking about Buzzsaw when they call Lao #1. Ermac is upper mid because of MoS as Spectral does not even exist. Etc. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

So yes, Shinnok is very veryyyy top tier because of "one" variation.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Good job to @cR WoundCowboy

Also, does no one remember when the Shinnok community stuck with their bottom 5 character who didn't even have an OH starter lol. I find it funnier when I see threads about "This character needs THIS and they will be top tier" kind of threads. All fighting games have tiers for a reason. Otherwise, we'd say buff everyone because they're too low, or nerf everyone because they're top tier. It's MK and its how fighting games are. Get used to it.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Boneshaper is obviously pretty damn good. REO, DJT, and Woundcowboy have all placed well with him. Don't know how everyone is downplaying the character...he's clearly A to S tier at the moment. Doesn't diminish that these are good players but the Shinnok downplay is pretty stupid. He may not be top 5 but he's at least top 10. #midtierhero #nobodyissleepingonthischaracter #downplaytoavoidnerfs

Last edited:

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Congrats to @cR WoundCowboy for winning!

Also, big ups to all the people who mained Shinnok from day 1, where it was basically "how many ways can I fool my opponent into thinking I'm not going to go low every single time", who now have to deal with all the people that refuse to give us respect now lol.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
People act like placements are a way to determine tier reliably.

Sub Zero top 3 because a Sub Zero bodied Grampa? No way. Shinnok is hands down an extremely good character, there's no way around that. Can't believe people ask for buffs for this guy. Just nerf Kung Lao and we're fine.

People tend to forget that good players make good placements. Look at the DJT and Sonic, they got a lot of characters they can do well with - sure, his KL mechanics are probably better than his Tremor (DJT) but a 2nd place is insane. Congratz to the Yomi guys for using a DLC characters EVERYONE predicted was trash. I mean Milky made top 8 with Reptile..

On paper, shinnok is godlike - just because some players dont use him well doesn't make him a bad character. Cowboy definitely set the bar for Shinnok players, demonstrating how good the character is - he showcased an impressive performance Shinnok or not. There's good players making high placements with KL, but there's a TON of players not making it high with KL.

I remember how CDjr was on fire with his Jax in MK9 and everyone was like "omg whaaaaaat the fuck is this".