What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Congrats WoundCowboy! Shinnok mains rejoice!

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
lol tym hates shinnok lol. he was using imposter half the time anyway, congrats @cR WoundCowboy !
Cuz I aint a bitch. But for real, get out of my face with that argument. I'm not throwing shade on Wound. I know it's still difficult to win at a high level. Even with a character like Shinnok. I'm just not impressed when I see someone win with him.
yet you are impressed if a kl or pred would have won? the whole top 8 was top tier besides trem,jason, and kahn so thats how it was gonna be haha
The jealousy is real. This was a stacked tournament full of top tiers (both player and character wise). Wound won due to being a good player and using a good character. Move in.
:)exactly.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Cowboy mained Shinnok for a couple of months now, even before the Bone Shaper buffs.
He plays all 3 variations of the character.
In the tournament he switched between Impostor and Bone Shaper, depending on the MU he was facing.

That's why Cowboy was the highest EVO placer with Shinnok, and that's why he won last night.

He bodied DJT in grand finals, but when SonicFox picked Bone Shaper against DJT he lost. If Bone Shaper was this easy peasy pick him up and win free tournaments character, I think a person like fucking SONICFOX wouldn't lose with him.

But nah just nerf him. He's too easy to play. Because that's a definitely good reason to nerf characters.

Anyway nerfs are incoming and are pretty inevitable so no point to argue now.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Cowboy mained Shinnok for a couple of months now, even before the Bone Shaper buffs.
He plays all 3 variations of the character.
In the tournament he switched between Impostor and Bone Shaper, depending on the MU he was facing.

That's why Cowboy was the highest EVO placer with Shinnok, and that's why he won last night.

He bodied DJT in grand finals, but when SonicFox picked Bone Shaper against DJT he lost. If Bone Shaper was this easy peasy pick him up and win free tournaments character, I think a person like fucking SONICFOX wouldn't lose with him.

But nah just nerf him. He's too easy to play. Because that's a definitely good reason to nerf characters.

Anyway nerfs are incoming and are pretty inevitable so no point to argue now.
There are considerable legitimate reasons to nerf him, ease of use notwithstanding, but that's neither here nor there

On the real i don't know why somebody who's been around as long as juggs would make a congrats thread, seeing as they almost always turn into some kind of pissing contest

Cuz I aint a bitch. But for real, get out of my face with that argument. I'm not throwing shade on Wound. I know it's still difficult to win at a high level. Even with a character like Shinnok. I'm just not impressed when I see someone win with him.
I agree that BS Shinnok is very good, top 5-3 right now, but people need to stop saying that is the only reason wound won, he got top 8 at evo in mk9 with Shang. And I wouldn't call someone winning with a top tier a bitch:/ WtF?
I am sure wound wasn't trying to impress you when he won EGL.
The title says it is a @cR WoundCowboy appreciation thread. If you don't appreciate him winning majors GTFO here.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I agree that BS Shinnok is very good, top 5-3 right now, but people need to stop saying that is the only reason wound won, he got top 8 at evo in mk9 with Shang.I agree. I never said Shinnok was the reason he won. And I wouldn't call someone winning with a top tier a bitch:/ WtF?It's kinda cowardly. I hate the "play to win" mentality, but I understand wanting to have the best chance at winning in this situation.
I am sure wound wasn't trying to impress you when he won EGL.I don't care. I just don't find it all that impressive.
The title says it is a @cR WoundCowboy appreciation thread. If you don't appreciate him winning majors GTFO here.I tried. Dudes wanted to keep fighting, so I'll keep fighting.
They don't wanna hear it, man. We should respect this dude's thread and not derail it. Just let them jerk off all over their broken character.
It's kinda fun, actually

Hopefully when you say "dudes", you aren't adding me to that list. You kept throwing bait at Cowboy because you felt that he picked an easy character to win. So what if Shinnok gets easy pressure tools, Kung Lao eats anything Shinnok's given for breakfast as it's the norm for him. Shinnok top 3? No. I still see him getting beat on the tier list by Brawler Cassie, Tanya, Kung Lao.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
So... how did you feel when people used Kabal in MK9? And if that's how you feel about an upper mid tier character winning a major, I fear for you dude.
I was like a fetus when MK9 came out. I would have felt the same way.
Hopefully when you say "dudes", you aren't adding me to that list. You kept throwing bait at Cowboy because you felt that he picked an easy character to win. So what if Shinnok gets easy pressure tools, Kung Lao eats anything Shinnok's given for breakfast as it's the norm for him. Shinnok top 3? No. I still see him getting beat on the tier list by Brawler Cassie, Tanya, Kung Lao.
You were part of the argument before my failed attempt at leaving happened. I don't include you. He did pick an easy character. And you're wrong. They may be a bad MU for Shinnok, but there's no way they're better overall. Shinnok is top 2. FREE!

I'll seriously leave now.
Congrats to @cR WoundCowboy for winning with one of the strongest characters in the game.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
1 variation makes a character top 3 ok.
Yes, it does.

Tanya's other two variations are shit now, doesn't mean she isnt still top 5. If you have one variation that is top 5 the character is top 5. Thats how it always works in variation type games.

On topic, Wound had really good AAs and MU knowledge. You can argue about BS Shinnok all day long but he earned his win in every way yesterday. I think BS Shinnok could still be good with one minor nerf(+ frames on butter gun reduced so he doesnt get a free low after), but I am not going to sit here and pretend that anyone could win with him.