What's new

Confirmed Characters

i don't think any of the "Yet to be revealed/leaked/hinted" characters will be in the game save for Doomsday and even that is a maybe as he could only be a boss character
thats not at all what i said but okay

and "Villains" is subjective
Sounds like that's exactly what you said. Yet to be revealed can apply to every character that has not been seen fighting or confirmed to be playable. You're saying that Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, Ares, and Black Adam won't be playable.

And villain is only subjective to one character in that list, and that's Catwoman. Outside of the story mode, it's heroes and villains.

Cruz

Banned
My prediction:

Hawkgirl (playable)
Raven (playable)
Ares (maybe playable)
Sinestro (alt skin)
Black Adam (alt skin)
Ocean Master (alt skin)
Robin (alt skin)
Power Girl (alt skin)
Doomsday (maybe playable)
Docter Fate (unplayable)
Gorilla Grodd (unplayable)
Atom Smasher (unplayable)
Giganta (unplayable)
Killer Croc (unplayable)
Two-Face (unplayable)
Penguin (unplayable)
Riddler (unplayable)

I guess there would be still room for Black Canary, Starfire, Martian Manhunter and Captain Cold.

LEGEND

YES!
Sounds like that's exactly what you said. Yet to be revealed can apply to every character that has not been seen fighting or confirmed to be playable. You're saying that Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, Ares, and Black Adam won't be playable.

And villain is only subjective to one character in that list, and that's Catwoman. Outside of the story mode, it's heroes and villains.
i meant them all together as in hinted at but yet to be reveal/leaked character images and such. Sorry

But ya i don't think any one of those characters will be playable imo. Though Hawkgirl has a solid chance

I put my opinions/guesses below, I have reasons for each selection if you want more details.

Highly likely heroes: Hawkgirl, Robin, Raven,

Highly likely villains: Captain Cold, Black Adam, Doomsday, Ares, Sinestro,

Seems more likely for DLC: Lobo, Martian Manhuner, Power Girl

i meant them all together as in hinted at but yet to be reveal/leaked character images and such. Sorry

But ya i don't think any one of those characters will be playable imo. Though Hawkgirl has a solid chance
I'd like to know your reasoning, at least for Hawkgirl, Raven, and Ares. I'm guessing you don't believe Black Adam or Sinestro will be playable because of their similarities to their heroic counterparts. Hawkgirl's model, to me, is a guarantee that she's playable since her look matches up with the rest of the cast. Raven's hard to say since we haven't gotten a close look at her character model, but I'd say she has a solid chance since she was mentioned as fighting alongside some of the others and all the characters mentioned in that same tidbit had been or have since been confirmed. And Ares, I can't really think of a reason he would be counted out.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is the first time I've ever seen someone saying that Captain Cold won't be playable. Is it only your assumption?
I would wonder if they would not allow you to play as Captain Cold. They already have the mechanics out, because of their experience with Sub-Zero. No way in HELL he won't be playable.
The only "proof" of Cold is someone shooting ice at flash in a trailer. That is no guarantee that he'll be playable.

My personal thinking is that just about everybody we've seen hair of is a playable unique character. I'm not sure what got everybody on the "he's just a skin" bandwagon, and I don't believe for a second NRS would have characters like Raven and Hawkgirl turning up as fully realized models in story mode just for cameos.

The only "proof" of Cold is someone shooting ice at flash in a trailer. That is no guarantee that he'll be playable.

My personal thinking is that just about everybody we've seen hair of is a playable unique character. I'm not sure what got everybody on the "he's just a skin" bandwagon, and I don't believe for a second NRS would have characters like Raven and Hawkgirl turning up as fully realized models in story mode just for cameos.
I agree on Hawkgirl. Her model is too NetherRealm styled to be just a cameo. Raven, on the other hand, we only have one, VERY blurry image of. Not enough to know for sure. I don't want to be pessimistic, she's a deal-sealer for me(as in I will do everything in my power to get this game if she's in it), but I'm just saying that we haven't really seen enough of her model. For instance, if it's taken from, for example, DCU Online, then she's obviously not going to be playable.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Ummm was this addressed here at TYM? Cause this pretty much confirmed Aquaman and Shazaam. Which of those other characters will be playabl?. Im betting on Sinestro, Ares and Black Adam. I think Doomsday will probably be a boss...

Edit: Sorry about the size, im trying to crop it and it doesn't work.

trufenix

bye felicia
I agree on Hawkgirl. Her model is too NetherRealm styled to be just a cameo. Raven, on the other hand, we only have one, VERY blurry image of. Not enough to know for sure. I don't want to be pessimistic, she's a deal-sealer for me(as in I will do everything in my power to get this game if she's in it), but I'm just saying that we haven't really seen enough of her model. For instance, if it's taken from, for example, DCU Online, then she's obviously not going to be playable.
Raven is in a cinematic in chapter 1 of the game interacting with people who are playable. This is not a cameo. A cameo is Fate's underwear in a container in the back, or Joker's bio on the Bat Computer, or Skarlet standing around next to otherwise faceless thugs, or Akuma sitting in the corner eating a bowl of rice during a crowd shot. Just because NRS chose the screenshot they submitted cleverly doesn't mean that's her only exposure in the game or that we should lend any more or less credence to their continuing vaguery.

I mean, this shit isn't a sherlock holmes mystery and NRS aren't some grand architects of subtlety they're just very very loyal to the old addage of not knowing a game inside out before release. If a game has like 5 characters left to be confirmed, and 5 super popular heavy hitters have been seeing buzzing around in the first 10 minutes of the game, they are probably the remaining 5.

Boon already said either Sinestro or Atrocitus is in, and I don't see anyone wearing red lantern tights, so I'm sure Sinestro is in and totally playble, which means the clone theory is worthless. Given everyone else has at least one major rival (I mean, come on, Captain Cold gets a spot?), it would really suck balls for them to just hang Black Adam on a costume or cinematic.

The only question to me is what Aquaman villain is getting a spot, and if anyone else from the Hawkverse is involved. Also, what magic user turns Superman off or everyone else up.

First off, you should not make a thread and call it, "Confirmed characters" when you start off saying this guy is probably in or this girl is probably in. No me gusta.

Second, that select screen has been confirmed a decoy. There are more than 24 characters.

Thirdly, Confirmed Character List:
1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Shazam
8. Green Arrow
9. Cyborg
10. Nightwing
11. Lex Luthor
12. The Joker
13. Solomon Grundy
14. Catwoman
15. Bane
16. Deathstroke
17. Doomsday
18. Harley Quinn

Other Characters We Know to Appear:
Hawkwoman (Almost certainly playable)
Raven (Almost certainly playable)
Ares (Almost certainly playable)
Black Adam (Most likely an alt.)
Sinestro (Maybe playable/maybe an alt.)
Giganta (Non-playable based on appearance)
Atom Smasher (Non-playable based on appearance)
Gorilla Grodd (Maybe playable based on appearance)
Killer Croc (Confirmed as stage transition)
The Penguin (Confirmed as stage transition)
The Riddler (Confirmed as stage transition)
Two-Face (Confirmed as stage transition)
Doctor Fate (Maybe playable/maybe cameo)

That is the official list.

First off, you should not make a thread and call it, "Confirmed characters" when you start off saying this guy is probably in or this girl is probably in. No me gusta.

Second, that select screen has been confirmed a decoy. There are more than 24 characters.

Thirdly, Confirmed Character List:
1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Shazam
8. Green Arrow
9. Cyborg
10. Nightwing
11. Lex Luthor
12. The Joker
13. Solomon Grundy
14. Catwoman
15. Bane
16. Deathstroke
17. Doomsday
18. Harley Quinn

Other Characters We Know to Appear:
Hawkwoman (Almost certainly playable)
Raven (Almost certainly playable)
Ares (Almost certainly playable)
Black Adam (Most likely an alt.)
Sinestro (Maybe playable/maybe an alt.)
Giganta (Non-playable based on appearance)
Atom Smasher (Non-playable based on appearance)
Gorilla Grodd (Maybe playable based on appearance)
Killer Croc (Confirmed as stage transition)
The Penguin (Confirmed as stage transition)
The Riddler (Confirmed as stage transition)
Two-Face (Confirmed as stage transition)
Doctor Fate (Maybe playable/maybe cameo)

That is the official list.
Fixed. He is NOT confirmed.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
NRS might not have made a big deal of him, but he was in a video released by them, showing him in actual gameplay. That's about as official as you can get without Boon outright saying "hey guys, Doomsday's in".

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Who Doomsday? He's seen in gameplay footage against Joker.
Yeah but it was like 2sec of footage same thing with Hawkgirl we all seen them in trailers but NRS still hasn't officially revealed them and added them to the roster. Idk wtf their waiting for.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah but it was like 2sec of footage same thing with Hawkgirl we all seen them in trailers but NRS still hasn't officially revealed them and added them to the roster. Idk wtf their waiting for.

Hawkwoman was seen in a story segment, Doomsday was gameplay.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Still could be a boss/mini-boss or something.

"Confirmed" characters just means they're in game as a character, selectable or not. For example, I would say Shao Khan was a confirmed character for MK9 even though you can't play him but Motaro was not a confirmed character.

I know I'm just saying they still have yet to be "announced". Hawkwoman is more then likely playable too.

Lex and Bane were confirmed without being announced as they had traits mentioned and such.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
He's either a boss or playable but he's in the game. You don't just put a character in a limited edition Injustice stick just because you can...And that's besides the fact there's footage of him.

And im going on record that Ares or Sinestro is the next big reveal. Ares was basically confirmed by one of the devs.