What's new

Confirmed Characters

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
So far there have been 17 confirmed characters...im not counting Doomsday yet cause i still haven't seen any gameplay or confirmation. But let's say 18 for the sake of it.

Now i don't know if the title screen we've seen, is the final title screen, if it is, then there's a total of 24 characters. Soooo there's 6-7 characters that still haven't been confirmed.

Im guessing that Sinestro and Martian Manhunter are shoe ins. Darkseid is a fan favorite and i know they're not going to pass on him. Hawkgirl has been kinda confirmed through numerous trailers. We've seen Dr. Fate as an easter egg but he could very much be playable. So that would leave us with at least 1 or 2 more characters.

Who do you guys think will eventually fill those missing spots?

Note: One of the slots could be a random select so idk...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm still rooting for Prometheus, though I doubt he'll make it in except maybe as DLC. Mr. Freeze would be cool (pun intended), though we already have so many Batman characters. Black Adam, but he could also just be a skin for Shazaam. Cheetah would make sense, considering Wonder Woman doesn't yet have an antagonist. Oh, Blank Manta is my next choice, right behind Prometheus, and I'd say he's got a better shot considering they just announced Aquaman.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hector went on record as saying the 24 count is innaccurate. There's been no hint or troll about Darkseid, though he would be the only MKvDC cast member to not be included. Doomsday and Cold are assumed in but not confirmed playable. Raven, Black Adam, Hawkgirl, Ares, and Sinestro are seen in cinema but not confirmed. And the Troll onlys are Batwing, Batgirl, Powergirl, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Dr. Fate, Supergirl. And Robin turned up in a comic.

Well, we don't know if that's the final select screen or not, they could easily have more to it. If so, there are only two more heroes to confirm, and both Raven and Hawkgirl are rumored. I hope there are more than 24. I really do.

It can't be any less than 28, that's what MK9 shipped with, and anything less they are under performing their last game, they won't do that most likely.

We still got good surprises left and about 10+ characters.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It can't be any less than 28, that's what MK9 shipped with, and anything less they are under performing their last game, they won't do that most likely.

We still got good surprises left and about 10+ characters.
That's not really true though. MK:A had more than double the 28 of MK9

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i think mid 20's is fine providing the characters are all interesting and fun to play,unlike mk9.i imagine they'll be quite a few dlc characters aswell so i wouldnt worry too much.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
So far we have:

1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. Solomon Grundy
  6. The Flash
  7. Cyborg
  8. Nightwing
  9. Catwoman
  10. Deathstroke
  11. Green Arrow
  12. The Joker
  13. Green Lantern
  14. Bane
  15. Lex Luthor
  16. Shazam
  17. Aquaman
and we have seen images for
  1. Dr Fate
  2. Doomsday
  3. Raven
  4. Atom Smasher
  5. Giganta
  6. Hawkgirl
  7. Croc
  8. Penguin
  9. Two Face
  10. Riddler
If all those last ones end up playable (which I doubt) that'd be 27 or 23 if you exclude the obvious Arkham stage hazard ones that should be left off. Not bad so far, but I'm sure most of those on the second list's first 6 wont make it.

Also Boon has hinted at
  1. Power Girl
  2. Animal Man
  3. Blue Beetle
  4. Batwing
  5. Swamp Thing
  6. Dr. Fate
Im betting Dr. Fate is in due to this, and I think Lobo may have been hinted once or something but I can't remember it clear enough to list it. Anyhow lots of hinted dudes, teased shots, and stuff so the roster is likely around 30

Doomsday and Cold are assumed in but not confirmed playable.
This is the first time I've ever seen someone saying that Captain Cold won't be playable. Is it only your assumption?
I would wonder if they would not allow you to play as Captain Cold. They already have the mechanics out, because of their experience with Sub-Zero. No way in HELL he won't be playable.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
If it's more than 24 then godamn there's a lot of characters to be revealed.

The one character i constantly see people not mentioning is Sinestro. A lot of the bad guys if not all of the bad guys that have been revealed are Batman's and Superman's. GL has to have at least one dontcha think?

Here's hoping for more villains...specially for Freeze and Ares.

shaowebb

That reminds me...Boon stated that one of Sinestro or Atrocitus was very likely to appear when a fan asked about both. Considering Hall is sporting a Sinestro corp ring I'm betting its Sinestro and my hopes is he kills Sinestro and dons his ring in the storyline.

and we have seen images for
  1. Dr Fate
  2. Doomsday
  3. Raven
  4. Atom Smasher
  5. Giganta
  6. Hawkgirl
  7. Croc
  8. Penguin
  9. Two Face
  10. Riddler
1. Likely? I don't know much about him, so can't say for sure.
2. Doomsday's clip wasn't in a cutscene, it was during Joker's attack(either super or throw, not sure which), so he's VERY likely.
3. Raven was mentioned alongside the main members as well as Cyborg and Shazam, all of whom are playable, so her being playable is likely, but it's hard to tell since we only have a single image of her and the magazine wasn't kind enough to give us a screenshot of her with portals that they saw later. Until we get a clearer image and can tell if it's a ripped model or a NetherRealm, it's hard to say one way or the other.
4. Most likely a cutscene or in the background judging by the character models not being armored up.
5. See #4.
6. Extremely likely. I can't see NetherRealm putting all that work into Hawkgirl's model and not having her as playable.
7-10. Stages hazards. Just plain freakin stage hazards. Why are we still considering them?

shaowebb

Just listing everything I've seen as all. Also either Grodd or Ares in that blurry pic in the Noob.com thread. Looks like Grodd to me.

No roster number has been released. There was a fake site-rip that claimed 37 characters, but it was fake. Left off Deathstroke for one thing. All we know is more than 20.

LEGEND

YES!
i don't think any of the "Yet to be revealed/leaked/hinted" characters will be in the game save for Doomsday and even that is a maybe as he could only be a boss character

i don't think any of the "Yet to be revealed/leaked/hinted" characters will be in the game save for Doomsday and even that is a maybe as he could only be a boss character
So you think the roster is stuck at 17 with only 7 of those being villains. Okay. Sure. Live in delusions.