What's new

Question - Commando commando kano is my main but wow is he out gunned

I feel like the last patch really hurt him. His back 1 went from -0 to -2. , and back 1,3 went from -1 to -3. This hurt commando way more than cybernetic due to lack of strings and ability to cancel into a third hit like cybernetic. At a loss for what strings I should use to tick into command grab. since b1.. b1 doesn't seem very effective anymore. Thoughts?

This character has great mixup.. but the reward for landing this mixup is too low IMO. 15%-17% damage per right guess.. but if opponent guesses right they get 2x that amount of damage.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Well, you can't tick into his command grabs with any strings (Other then F33 I guess). His tick grabs are off of D4,D3,D1 (and F33). The patch didn't hurt him since I believe those 2 changes were in the data not the actual frames. B1 is still an amazing pressure tool regardless.

Somebody told me recently that if you're playing this character trying to get command grabs you're playing him wrong. He mained Shazam in IGAU and he said that the best way to approach is to play the character to win without having to use his grabs. The fear of the grabs is what is powerful. Outplay your opponent in footsies and with zoning and then when you get them afraid to push buttons or desperate you can turn on the command grab pressure and it will be that much more unexpected.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Outplay your opponent in footsies and with zoning and then when you get them afraid to push buttons or desperate you can turn on the command grab pressure and it will be that much more unexpected.
This is so true. I have Kano in my face, waiting for him to do something I can react to. And then when I finally think I can move, THEN i get grabbed.

Well, you can't tick into his command grabs with any strings (Other then F33 I guess). His tick grabs are off of D4,D3,D1 (and F33). The patch didn't hurt him since I believe those 2 changes were in the data not the actual frames. B1 is still an amazing pressure tool regardless.

Somebody told me recently that if you're playing this character trying to get command grabs you're playing him wrong. He mained Shazam in IGAU and he said that the best way to approach is to play the character to win without having to use his grabs. The fear of the grabs is what is powerful. Outplay your opponent in footsies and with zoning and then when you get them afraid to push buttons or desperate you can turn on the command grab pressure and it will be that much more unexpected.
I thought that about his b1 as well, that it was just an error in the frame data, but it definitely feels different (feels like there is more recovery on block). Or maybe people are getting better at hitting me out of it.

And yeah, his best tick grab is off of D3 cause you can OS it- b1 pressure is to force them to block and not mash/jump. Also I think F33 tick grab is garbage, but thats another discussion.

And I agree- I like that command kano has good footsies and good mixup. I think commando kano does well against MUs where he forces opponent to approach. My main problem is when I face people who can zone out commando kano and force me to approach (commando VS Cybernetic Kano for example), so you have to make the strong mixup work in your favor.

Yeah.... this probably wasn't the best thread to revive LOL. Commando Kano probably the worst version of Kano but he still has legit tools, including great mixup.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I feel like the last patch really hurt him. His back 1 went from -0 to -2. , and back 1,3 went from -1 to -3. This hurt commando way more than cybernetic due to lack of strings and ability to cancel into a third hit like cybernetic. At a loss for what strings I should use to tick into command grab. since b1.. b1 doesn't seem very effective anymore. Thoughts?

This character has great mixup.. but the reward for landing this mixup is too low IMO. 15%-17% damage per right guess.. but if opponent guesses right they get 2x that amount of damage.
It's bout time people start talking bout this, everyone keeps saying he's the same when he's clearly not

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
damn you cant jump out of it? thats pretty good, i always hate when my tick throw strings have lows of overhead in them though -__-

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
damn you cant jump out of it? thats pretty good, i always hate when my tick throw strings have lows of overhead in them though -__-
That's true maybe the first time u could do a roll just to check them to make them remember that they have to block low idk a suggestion cuz it is risky