What's new

Command Grab - Bomb Trap PATCH?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I agree with tom. It should stay tbh. it is what makes cyrax....cyrax in the game. W/o he would rlly bad as good. Also its not like cryax is unbeatable so i dnt think its cheap. Just try rape his face b4 he can get that command grab off.

Sporko

Noob
I too would like to point out that I meant no disrespect to Tom Brady as a player. As I said earlier, he's an amazing player and he has done a lot for the community, and that deserves major props. I just don't care for poor sportsmanship. That being said, I hadn't heard that he apologized to LIJoe, and in hindsight, maybe it's not exactly fair to judge somebody who had to commentate immediately after a frustrating loss.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I too would like to point out that I meant no disrespect to Tom Brady as a player. As I said earlier, he's an amazing player and he has done a lot for the community, and that deserves major props. I just don't care for poor sportsmanship. That being said, I hadn't heard that he apologized to LIJoe, and in hindsight, maybe it's not exactly fair to judge somebody who had to commentate immediately after a frustrating loss.
well granted dude...loosing to cyrax can make anyone salty. I mean bomb reset for more than half health just screams rage. Is it unsportsmanlike to do so yes, but everyone does it. Hell i admit and doofy as I am I rage sometimes at games whether it be netplay or miss tech from grab when i clearly hit the button.

Shit happens to everyone once in a while.

Eshi

Noob
i love the bomb reset like any other cyrax main but wow @ people saying cyrax is garbage without it. That's just crazy. He'd still have the bomb trap from f2, ground net > teleport damage scaling reset, good projectile game, etc. Depending on how a patch would be implemented his command throw could still be quite strong, too.

yes he would be noticeably worse because it's so insanely gross, but he wouldn't be nearly as bad as, say, baraka or sheeva.

nubi

Noob
well granted dude...loosing to cyrax can make anyone salty. I mean bomb reset for more than half health just screams rage. Is it unsportsmanlike to do so yes, but everyone does it. Hell i admit and doofy as I am I rage sometimes at games whether it be netplay or miss tech from grab when i clearly hit the button.

well actually no it doesn't do over half your hp of damage since you can block all the hits before the bomb detonates severely reducing the damage done and its no more unsportsmanlike than anything else in the game, just saying

Porter

Noob

Lol unsportsmanlike

Infinites in mvc3 are sportsmanlike.

Using the Doom hidden missile stack is not.

Gamebreaking/crashing = unsportsmanlike

Sporko

Noob
well actually no it doesn't do over half your hp of damage
Command Throw=13%
Blocked dash 2 2=4% chip

Bomb into nj. P into b+2 into dash 3 3=32 or 34% (I think 32% if only the first 3 hits, 34% if the second one connects as well).

You can also net after that the dash 3 3 and continue combo for up to an additional 8%, but it's easier to just stick with the dash 3 3 or dash 1 2 1.

So even if you do the easier version to avoid dropping the combo, you're still talking about 51% damage.

And as I've mentioned several times, I *am* pro bomb trap, but I could see how a *SMALL* damage nerf could be called for.

Eight

I am the salt
doing all that and ending with dash 1 2 1 (this is my BnB) only ends up at 31% damage if they do block the dash 2 2. and 39% if they don't block it. You aren't scaling the damage. I literally just tested this in the lab.

Thats less than or on par with most characters combos. It doesn't need a nerf any more than any other character does.

babalook

Noob
the correct combo after the bomb goes off at mid screen(without any meter) is njp b2 21net 33reverse kick which does 35%
so if they block the 22 after the CG it does 52%
if they do not block the 22 it does 57% (keep in mind if you do 22 fast enough that it says 2 hit combo before the bomb hits so the 22 isn't scaled into the bomb combo)

And i think they should be patching his net reset and saw reset that allows you to do about 75% off a single bar combo shown here:

this should be fixed not the CG

Eight

I am the salt
I haven't seen a single person do those combos outside of practice mode. And you'd think players like LIJoe could pull them off no problem. Show me someone doing these in a tourney and then, yeah, maybe they could use a nerf.

There a million and one videos showing stupid ass combos in practice mode that do tons of damage by almost every character.

1. the rumor about the bomb patch i did not hear from nrs, it was just that.. a rumor.

2. i like the bomb trap and want it to stay in.

3. i never eeeeeeeeeeeeevr said if we were on the xbox that something is different.

5. i see you guys trying to blow me up on here, thats cool.. do what you guys want. just remember.. do you guys know how ppl found out about the bomb trap? i posted it day 1 and went in depth about it. i like it and think it has to stay.
Do you really think you deserve a thanks for sharing what you know about the game?? You have inside information and are using that to beat people out of money. That speaks for itself.

lobo

woof.
Do you really think you deserve a thanks for sharing what you know about the game?? You have inside information and are using that to beat people out of money. That speaks for itself.
lol that is retarded. anyone can refuse to enter if they wish. last time i checked, tournaments were to see who was THE BEST. i'm pretty sure 99.99% of legitimate tournament players would invite the competition from anyone claiming to be better. it isn't only about money. TB is a damn good player. as such, of course he is wanted in tournaments.

also he has 'inside info' because finding/testing it is his job. we're lucky that he shares what he does.

babalook

Noob
the big combo are not hard at all im sure any player with good execution could get them i can get them 80% of the time online. No offense to LIjoe but i dont think he knew about it.

Eight

I am the salt
the big combo are not hard at all im sure any player with good execution could get them i can get them 80% of the time online. No offense to LIjoe but i dont think he knew about it.
Online is meaningless. I said tourney and I meant tourney. Thats where these kinds of things matter, and have not seen anything of the like done in any tournament thus far.

Online is meaningless. I said tourney and I meant tourney. Thats where these kinds of things matter, and have not seen anything of the like done in any tournament thus far.
you're not getting it. if he can pull it off 80% online, its even easier offline. you'll definitely see those combos in future tournaments if they don't patch them, don't worry.

Eight

I am the salt
you're not getting it. if he can pull it off 80% online, its even easier offline. you'll definitely see those combos in future tournaments if they don't patch them, don't worry.
Execution-wise maybe. Its easy to pull off anything against 99% of the online population.

You'd think we'd see far more Cyrax players then there are. Ill be looking for them.

Sporko

Noob
doing all that and ending with dash 1 2 1 (this is my BnB) only ends up at 31% damage if they do block the dash 2 2. and 39% if they don't block it. You aren't scaling the damage. I literally just tested this in the lab.

Thats less than or on par with most characters combos. It doesn't need a nerf any more than any other character does.
My bad, you're totally right. I was about to post that bomb, nj P, b+BP, dash FK, FK net, FK FK d/f FK~air grab does 42% as that was what I remembered from training mode, but I'd forgotten that was the damage from when dash BP BP were not blocked. In my head I just remembered the 42% and forgot that was the damage before I turned auto-block on.

Though, in regards to the earlier post about the ease of the 82% combo and how practical it is in matches, Cyrax can do similar damage off of bomb trap without the much fancier 82% combo Sprint posted if you're willing to use X-Ray.

Command throw, mid bomb, dash BP BP (blocked), nj. P, b+BP, dash X-Ray, dash FP BP FP. If I recall correctly ( not at home right now, but I can test it again later when I get home) would do 70% (including the 4% chip for blocked BP BP).

79% if instead of doing raw command throw, you land jp. P, FP, FP, net, teleport, command throw into bomb trap.

70-79%, extremely easy to execute. (not making a point with that, just saying it's a handy option to have)

babalook

Noob
My bad, you're totally right. I was about to post that bomb, nj P, b+BP, dash FK, FK net, FK FK d/f FK~air grab does 42% as that was what I remembered from training mode, but I'd forgotten that was the damage from when dash BP BP were not blocked. In my head I just remembered the 42% and forgot that was the damage before I turned auto-block on.

Though, in regards to the earlier post about the ease of the 82% combo and how practical it is in matches, Cyrax can do similar damage off of bomb trap without the much fancier 82% combo Sprint posted if you're willing to use X-Ray.

Command throw, mid bomb, dash BP BP (blocked), nj. P, b+BP, dash X-Ray, dash FP BP FP. If I recall correctly ( not at home right now, but I can test it again later when I get home) would do 70% (including the 4% chip for blocked BP BP).

79% if instead of doing raw command throw, you land jp. P, FP, FP, net, teleport, command throw into bomb trap.

70-79%, extremely easy to execute. (not making a point with that, just saying it's a handy option to have)
your a little off there
52% (considering opponent blocks 22) is the max damage you can get off a CG at mid screen with no meter. Adding a jump in punch 21net adds 11% so you would wind up with 63% no meter. The first combo in the video above(only relevant one) does 64% with one EX bar without the jump in punch 21net starter(75% with). But if you do:
CG, mid bmb, dash 22block, bmb explodes, njp, b2, dash 2EXbmb, dash 2net, teleport, 33reverse kick 59% (70% with the jmp in punch 21net)
so the two resets only add about 5% with the same amount of meter, so there is not much of a difference with one or the other being better at mid screen(next to the wall is a whole other story though). Hope this makes some sense, this also mean that if they take out the CG setup the combo in the video will be replaceing it(unless it gets patched too).

so I was thinking of some options if the bomb trap does indeed get patched.

So Cyrax would use his command grab and throw a close bomb. He does not dash in at all and wait on the opponent's reaction after they recover from stun. There's 3 possible things the opponent can do(unless they have other movement options): they can jump/dash forward, sit there and take the bomb attack, or jump/dash back).

If they decide to jump/dash forward:
Cyrax can easily use anti-air if they jump in. If they dash forward, you can simply block b/c the bomb is close enough to hit them and begin you combo. Don't know if it saves you from a throw though...Be ready to tech if you have to.

If they decide to take the hit:
Obviously you can combo from here, XD.

If they decide to jump/dash back:
Jumping back is opportunity to throw net and combo from there. Dashing back just allows you to put more bombs on the screen. Especially if this is the first thing they decide to do. the next time you set this up. set a close bomb and a mid bomb or close and far, etc.

Can you not tech the command grab reliably? Is the tech window very small or is it not possible to do on reaction? I'm trying to figure out how everyone gets hit by it if you can tech it or just crouch underneath the command grab and then get a full punish combo. Sorry, I can't really test it myself to answer my own question.

Eight

I am the salt
Can you not tech the command grab reliably? Is the tech window very small or is it not possible to do on reaction? I'm trying to figure out how everyone gets hit by it if you can tech it or just crouch underneath the command grab and then get a full punish combo. Sorry, I can't really test it myself to answer my own question.
The window is small and its really hard to tech on reaction unless you're a jedi. :duel:

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
You can always take the 2,2 in the air, making the jump punch combo not work, and the combo you do get does about 25%-28% total. Plus the command throw that's about 40% or a bit less. Soon as people realize that and stop trying to block the 2,2 or god forbid take the hits on the ground, it won't be nearly as bad.

And the damage reset bug is obviously getting patched, since it is just that, a bug.

nubi

Noob
its not hard to tech the command throw if you see it coming, treat it like you would a throw from the older capcom games, the ground net reset glitch obviously should be fixed it can lead to some crazy stuff but the 80% and above 3 bar combos your not going to see get used much at high level play since your meter is probably going to get used on other things and even if you did have that much meter to burn it would be better to confirm into x-ray, less damage but its guaranteed.

I use, Cyberbeatdown, midbomb, dash, 2,2, nj 1, b2, dash, 3,3, net from that i do ether:
Uppercut, 33% with block + 13% from the command throw
3, 3, Ragdoll, 35% with block +13% from the command throw
or go for a reset

48% of a teachable throws not too bad IMO, not with the damage some chars can get from jabs anyway. saying that i think the command throw dose do a bit to much damage it should be used for setups rather than raw damage or both.

Sprint

Noob
You can always take the 2,2 in the air, making the jump punch combo not work, and the combo you do get does about 25%-28% total. Plus the command throw that's about 40% or a bit less. Soon as people realize that and stop trying to block the 2,2 or god forbid take the hits on the ground, it won't be nearly as bad.

And the damage reset bug is obviously getting patched, since it is just that, a bug.
No, you're just timing the 2,2 too late. The opponent cannot jump when it's timed correctly.

Also, the word "obviously" doesn't apply to NRS. They've known about the reset glitch for a very long time since it's what led to Cyrax's infinite, but instead of patching the glitch out they just worked around it by giving his net a cooldown time.

The same goes for Quan Chi. His infinite uses the same glitch, but instead of just fixing the damn thing they gave his trance a longer recovery time instead. The result is that his infinite still works; you just have to do it a different way.

The window is small and its really hard to tech on reaction unless you're a jedi. :duel:
2f to be exact, but any punch button works so you can mash across them both to improve your chances when expecting the grab.