What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

EMP Dragongod
Rico Suave
Funkdoc
Aris
Floe
Art
Flux
PR Balrog
Rip
EMP KDZ
CORN Alucard
Bibulus
EMP Royal Lance

Off the top of my head players who are not MKC competing in Injustice. Whether MK fanboys like it or not we are no longer the MKC, we are the Injustice community.
we are "apart" of the IGAU community, that doesn't mean the "MKC" community doesn't exist anymore. But that is what I have come to expect now from ppl, just throw out mk9, and replace it with IGAU. The same thing will happen once mk10 comes out, I guarantee you that.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
AK Pig Of The Hut, it seems to me that ppl just want all NRS games to become like this unfortunately, which means we won't ever come close to Capcom games. I guarantee you once MK10 comes out, IGAU will did like mk9. NRS seems to be like one time things, they last for however long then get murdered by the newer NRS game, smh.
Comparing to Capcom games is so stupid. They havent done anything to Mk9 in like TWO YEARS. SF and MvC get patches and updates almost every year. I guarantee you if they didnt and Capcom actually moved on to SF5 or MvC4 the same exact thing would be happening.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Some regions/local scenes are just not playing MK. A good amount of the entrants for any non-EVO tournament is from the local scenes or people within driving distance at least. UFGT got good numbers (I think last year we had 64, so 1 less lol) because a lot of people in the midwest still play to supplement the numbers from the people who traveled.

I would guess MK9 would have 150-200 for EVO this year, and if its still played in tournaments post-EVO, it will only show up in regions where it is still supported by a local scene.
If we get over 100 I will be super happy haha

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
we are "apart" of the IGAU community, that doesn't mean the "MKC" community doesn't exist anymore. But that is what I have come to expect now from ppl, just throw out mk9, and replace it with IGAU. The same thing will happen once mk10 comes out, I guarantee you that.
You just totally misread that post. People are talking like Injustice is the MKCs game. Fact is, people from every community are coming in to compete, which like AK Pig Of The Hut said is HYPE. This is a GOOD thing and we need to stop trashing everyone who tries to get into the game that isnt MKC.

That being said the MKC(People that play MK) still exist but there are not as many which should be expected.

Also just FYI I already said I am signing up for every MK tourney I can, because I still enjoy the game. But I also enjoy Injustice, which apparently is a crime.

Comparing to Capcom games is so stupid. They havent done anything to Mk9 in like TWO YEARS. SF and MvC get patches and updates almost every year. I guarantee you if they didnt and Capcom actually moved on to SF5 or MvC4 the same exact thing would be happening.
i'm comparing how they actually support pretty much "ALL" their games. While we just take a new game then throw the old one out, comprehend then reply sir. I already knew you would say something about them "actually doing patches", that wasn't the point of my post.

You just totally misread that post. People are talking like Injustice is the MKCs game. Fact is, people from every community are coming in to compete, which like AK Pig Of The Hut said is HYPE. This is a GOOD thing and we need to stop trashing everyone who tries to get into the game that isnt MKC.

That being said the MKC(People that play MK) still exist but there are not as many which should be expected.

Also just FYI I already said I am signing up for every MK tourney I can, because I still enjoy the game. But I also enjoy Injustice, which apparently is a crime.
it isn't a crime to support IGAU, but it is quite hypocritical that we all worked our asses off to get MK9 the love it deserved and to get it to evo for another year, but now many leaving it for dead and could care less if mk9 has a good turnout at evo. If that isn't hypocrisy, then I dnt know what is LMAO.

also if they actually make mk10 (which NRS most likely will), like I said, IGAU will get dropped off and left for dead, that is a guarantee. Just wait and see, it'll happen.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I was going to say this before I read that.

That is a huge problem, as well. The SFIV-to-MvC3 argument is a bad one simply because MK9 stopped receiving updates since early last year. SFIV is still being updated, there's talk about MvC3 getting an update as well.

If something new comes out and the previous game isn't getting fixed and it needs it, expect people to completely jump ship. MK9's numbers, in all honesty, aren't surprising. And honestly, the main reason people were still playing it was because there wasn't really anything else for a lot of these guys to play. A lot of MK players are STRICTLY MK/NRS.

With how unsatisfied some individuals are about Injustice, don't be surprised if MK9 makes a resurgence, though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Should also talk about IGAU having 5 entrants at NLBC last week, according to Challonge page, LOL. Dafuq happened there.

Soon there will be no NRS game!
They usually have more, but last week a lot of people (including the streamers) were at E3.

That is a huge problem, as well. The SFIV-to-MvC3 argument is a bad one simply because MK9 stopped receiving updates since early last year. SFIV is still being updated, there's talk about MvC3 getting an update as well.

If something new comes out and the previous game isn't getting fixed and it needs it, expect people to completely jump ship. MK9's numbers, in all honesty, aren't surprising. And honestly, the main reason people were still playing it was because there wasn't really anything else for a lot of these guys to play. A lot of MK players are STRICTLY MK/NRS.

With how unsatisfied some individuals are about Injustice, don't be surprised if MK9 makes a resurgence, though.
too bad NRS didn't make a UMK9 ( could've patched it like Capcom did with sf4 to make ssf4). And I said that bcuz I was pointing out how we let games die while they keep games alive for countless years ( for example 3rd strike and mvc2, both lasted for a good amount of time). And there are many MKC players who played other fighting games before mk9 like sf4, mvc3, tekken, and etc.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Sure $20 doesn't seem like a whole lot...but over the course of it's life you invested $10.00 30 times. That new 20.00 bill coupled with the gas it takes to go to the vet makes it hard for the owner to commit to spending more money on it.
lmao

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hey I can see what you're getting at. But doesn't mean people aren't supporting MK9 much anymore.
Hell I would love to participate in a tourney, but I literally just picked MK9 up.
I try to play Katana cause I heard she's a good starter.
But because I'm in the military I can't just up and go to a tournament like many others.
I try supporting MK but I can only buy and try to play online as support.
Many of my friends play it too.
Im kinda off point but a lot still love MK

trufenix

bye felicia
NRS just let this game die. When they couldn't get any more profit, they left it for dead.
Its the developers responsibility to keep people playing their game? Are you guys forgetting that the hundreds strong and loyal Marvel community everybody's nut hugging in this thread is built by people who played a glitchy broken piece of garbage for like 10 years?

If you like the game, you play the game. Not NRS' job to keep it fresh and exciting for you 3 years later.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Trust me, there is nothing that I would love more than to be able to travel and go to tournaments, ESPECIALLY Evo, since last year going to Vegas and competing in MK was easily one of the highlights of my life. Just can't swing traveling right now.

Now Philly tournaments.... you bet your ass I'll be going to those ;)

The issue is, at least with me, is if they didn't like it or were tired of it then why did they stick with it for two years then drop it like a bad habit?

Its the developers responsibility to keep people playing their game? Are you guys forgetting that the hundreds strong and loyal Marvel community everybody's nut hugging in this thread is built by people who played a glitchy broken piece of garbage for like 10 years?

If you like the game, you play the game. Not NRS' job to keep it fresh and exciting for you 3 years later.
this is true, it is our responsibility to keep the game alive, and I aint no nut hugger, got me messed up haha.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I'm playing MK at Evo, even though I have zero chance of making it anywhere. My wife and I are both judging MK.

If I can put time into a tournament when I have no chance of winning, and my family can contribute to the event without compensation, then there is no excuse for top players not entering. Respect your community enough to at least put forward some effort.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
just to be clear guys, mvc3 was never updated after the week 2 sent health nerf, and umvc3 was never updated and will never be updated.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It is sad, I agree. MK is the game that brought us all together, the game we all loved, the game that brought all the hype, and now a lot of you dropped it like an old sack of shit the SECOND Injustice came out. And now a lot of you are hating on MK like you NEVER enjoyed it for the ENTIRE 2 years or w/e you played it. gtfouta here