What's new

CEO 2015 Viewing Guide, Hype & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Anyway, I'm proud of the Florida boys defending their home turf and proving why Versus is a stacked weekly. Gross finally got to show why I hold his Cassie in such high regard. Some people would never give him credit or consider him in the best Cassie conversation because he hadn't attended a Major yet, and this just goes to show how stupid that mentality is.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Looks like the ladies are taking over MKX at CEO

4 Tanya players
1 Cassie Cage
1 D'Vorah

Outside the Top 8 in pools
There was Sonya, Kitana, Ferra, Mileena present

I don't remember Jacque but I think everyone is sleeping on her

NRS please, please make the MKX Sindel NPC resdesigned like Tanya the next female DLC

haketh

Noob
Anyway, I'm proud of the Florida boys defending their home turf and proving why Versus is a stacked weekly. Gross finally got to show why I hold his Cassie in such high regard. Some people would never give him credit or consider him in the best Cassie conversation because he hadn't attended a Major yet, and this just goes to show how stupid that mentality is.
No the mentality still holds, if you're not going out you're not exactly really in the convo for best.

coolwhip

Noob
That mentality is actually pretty logical. How can someone be the consensus best with a character (in the eyes of others) if he hasn't proved it by competing against the best?

Gross just did that, so yeah, if people want to consider him the best Cassie, they've got pretty solid evidence to back that claim up. It's not that you can't be the best with your character unless you go to majors, it's that there's no way people could RECOGNIZE you as the best until you prove it.

Last edited:

Tim Static

Adminerator
That mentality is actually pretty logical. How can someone be the consensus best with a character (in the eyes of others) if he hadn't proved it by competing against the best?

Gross just did that, so yeah, if people want to consider him the best Cassie, they've got pretty solid evidence to back that claim up. It's not that you can't be the best with your character unless you go to majors, it's that there's no way people could RECOGNIZE you as the best until you prove it.
Couldn't agree more w/ coolwhip. It's like in sports.....you have a great regular season but it's what you do in the playoffs or championships that matter. You can dominate a local scene but when you take your game to a major tourney with competition from all over, that's when you can really stake your claim to being truly good or great. Versus is stacked, but LBSH, it's about time the Florida guys repped their scene like this at CEO especially. Nothing personal, but it's long overdue & they were impressive yesterday. Best of luck & my respect and love to them guys. :coffee:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That mentality is actually pretty logical. How can someone be the consensus best with a character (in the eyes of others) if he hadn't proved it by competing against the best?

But you can SEE that he's playing Cassie at the highest level. I didn't need CEO to tell me that a month ago because I watch Versus. I would have had Gross higher on my top 30 list, but I didn't feel like hearing shit about him not proving anything at a Major.

haketh

Noob
This patch glitch situation has me angrier than I thought, do I really wanna enter tournaments on the off chance a patch comes out days before a tournament again, have to deal with that, & the off chance the patch is fucked up for my character or another one for some reason? I don't blame anyone dropping the game till they're done patching because of this shit.

coolwhip

Noob
But you can SEE that he's playing Cassie at the highest level. I didn't need CEO to tell me that a month ago because I watch Versus. I would have had Gross higher on my top 30 list, but I didn't feel like hearing shit about him not proving anything at a Major.
There is something to be said for what you're stating, and I don't entirely disagree. But, sometimes you could see someone is doing something that others aren't, playing cleaner, punishing better, but it doesn't always translate to results (ie GGA Max in Injustice). So until people prove it, you could be noticing that someone is playing sharp (and seemingly better than the rest), but it's hard to label him as the best. I'd name Foxy as someone who fits that description. His Lao is really unique, but it's hard to call him the best when he hasn't proven it yet.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
4 tanyas in top 8. any more proof needed this character ruins the game in her current state? kabal/mmh all over, nrs has not learned the lesson to NOT give 1 char ALL the good tools. one could get hype for top 8 if you didnt know sonic fox with tanya is gonna win anyway.
I dont want to defend Tanya or make this about how strong she is etcetc... just want to point out that its 2 different Tanyas (Pyro and Kobu) that are in top 8. So isnt this like beeing 2 different characters in top 8?

Beside that - you dont need Tanya to make such a statement about SonicFox. Plenty of ppls make this statement all the time, even before Tanya was released. Honestly players like him, mit, reo, djt are easily safe bets for top8/winning something no matter the character select screen. If its not Tanya than its EB, Lao, Quan or whoever... Great players are great players... stop making it all about the characters they play.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I watch the entire set of pools and Top 32 and the following characters were used ONCE or NONE:

Goro
Takeda
Jacqui
Reptile
I know someone named sleep used reptile versus Tom on stream. I think I saw a Takeda but I can't remember to be sure. Don't remember the other two at all.

I know someone named sleep used reptile versus Tom on stream. I think I saw a Takeda but I can't remember to be sure. Don't remember the other two at all.
Ya I know for sure I saw one Takeda and Reptile the rest I'm not so sure about that's why I said once or none. But I just thought it was an interesting stat on character usage since it was a ~300 player tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.