What's new

Can you still cancel the pre-order after the beta period?

I mean, yeah? You could spend the $70 and just buy the game, and then re-sell it if you don't like it. Probably recoup $40-$50, maybe, so you're out around $30. Or try a Gamefly account for about $11 a month and rent it. You could also just not buy it and wait to see how the community reacts and see whether it looks like a game you'd want.

Either way I don't see why this is an issue with NRS. Based on sales of their last couple games, their marketing strategy seems to work fine.
you're trying too hard. just relax. I guess them being successful even within the fighting game genre just means no open beta. cool

The game is released on consoles that came out 3 years ago and doesn't come out on consoles that came out 10 years ago. What a surprise, wow. We all expected that the old generation will have games until the console is 20 years old.

It's time to come to terms with the fact that an upgrade is inevitable. If you only play one game, well, that's your problem. Maybe you should reconsider what you spend your money on. Nobody is forcing you.

Oh, if only the game had a website that answered questions like this. And the studio on their socials said that the answers to questions can be found on this site. Wait a second...
i'm sure it does. i was just pointing out at the time I didn't know. snarky asshole comment aside

Stop whining, you're lucky fighting games even provide beta tests at all. How many other games do you get to play a demo or beta before release? Not every game offers this option
regressive thinking and just being plain ignorant. a lot of games outside of fighting games offer some sort of public testing. fighting games definitely need that the most but not nrs i guess

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
some of y'all all y'all do is nrs. what others games y'all play as consistently? I play multiple games so I have multiple experiences with the way companies handle their fighting games; the good and the bad. the things I usually like that others don't aren't even that controversial. for example, I like doing cool/long combos in mk games. the people who normally don't like that are the types of people that just complain about getting hit or, "not getting a turn to play" because they got hit. controversially, I like the run mechanic. people complain about the run mechanic because it, "upsets the neutral." it is what it is. I'd prefer it but I'm willing to let it go because I have plenty of other fighting games under my resume where running is part of it
Once again you presume to know who you’re talking to when you clearly don’t.

SF2:CE
SSF2T (and HDR)
SFA
SFA2
SF3 3S
SF4
SFxT
Tekken 3
TTT
MvC2
MvC3
UMvC3
VF5
SC2
SC6
DBFZ
KI

And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head and doesn’t include all the different versions of each game since that’d just look like I’m listing the same games over and over. And also doesn’t include the classic MK’s that technically aren’t NRS. Also those are just the FG’s, and just the competitive ones too. I could also add For Honor or Souls games PvP but those technically aren’t FG’s.

And as far as the run mechanic, I’m a top player in UMK3, of course I love the run mechanic. And imo the run mechanic in UMK3 was implemented the best way. For MK1, I doubt it’d work but wouldn’t care if it was added. Don’t see that ever happening but I do see the possibility of adding dash blocking back from MK9.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its not just the game for me id literally only be buying the ps5 for this game add a halfway decent pad and dats a chunk of change , shits tough
get the new brooke converter and you won't have any problem using ps4 and ps3 controllers

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
And as far as the run mechanic, I’m a top player in UMK3, of course I love the run mechanic. And imo the run mechanic in UMK3 was implemented the best way. For MK1, I doubt it’d work but wouldn’t care if it was added. Don’t see that ever happening but I do see the possibility of adding dash blocking back from MK9.
ppl really do fail to see that run only worked for umk3/trilogy back then because the game didn't had OH/Low combo starters, and you could block and add back to block to negate any sort of throw in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
ppl really do fail to see that run only worked for umk3/trilogy back then because the game didn't had OH/Low combo starters, and you could block and add back to block to negate any sort of throw in the game.
I see DR in SF6 as being worse in this case than a run mechanic. And even though it’s complained about a lot, SF6 is by faaaar the most popular comp FG right now. And will still be the most popular even after MK1 comes out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I see DR in SF6 as being worse in this case than a run mechanic. And even though it’s complained about a lot, SF6 is by faaaar the most popular comp FG right now. And will still be the most popular even after MK1 comes out.
we know how that worked with MKX though.

Once again you presume to know who you’re talking to when you clearly don’t.

SF2:CE
SSF2T (and HDR)
SFA
SFA2
SF3 3S
SF4
SFxT
Tekken 3
TTT
MvC2
MvC3
UMvC3
VF5
SC2
SC6
DBFZ
KI

And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head and doesn’t include all the different versions of each game since that’d just look like I’m listing the same games over and over. And also doesn’t include the classic MK’s that technically aren’t NRS. Also those are just the FG’s, and just the competitive ones too. I could also add For Honor or Souls games PvP but those technically aren’t FG’s.

yeah and I played a majority of those too. not even a month in sf6's life and you said its too late to get into because of mk1 a game that isnt out. where's that tenacity at? well me and others want to see an adjustment to movement speed and just slightly overall speed of the game

DR is no where near as bad as any running in an mk. people complain about DR through a select few of characters with fast DR startups but competent players blow it up all the time. i can see run being toxic in mk1 just because of assists but that would be because majority of the nrs playerbase wouldn't know how or want to learn how to deal with that mental stack

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
yeah and I played a majority of those too. not even a month in sf6's life and you said its too late to get into because of mk1 a game that isnt out. where's that tenacity at? well me and others want to see an adjustment to movement speed and just slightly overall speed of the game
Because no SF6 character interests me yet. Idk why everyone keeps begging me to play SF6 but with MK1 coming out soon, unless one of my characters get released, I’m not going to entertain getting SF6. And y’all are just going to have to deal with that.
¯\(ツ)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
DR is no where near as bad as any running in an mk. people complain about DR through a select few of characters with fast DR startups but competent players blow it up all the time. i can see run being toxic in mk1 just because of assists but that would be because majority of the nrs playerbase wouldn't know how or want to learn how to deal with that mental stack
You talk as if you’re halfway decent at FG’s, yet I have never seen you participate in any FG tournament, online or offline. Maybe I just missed it or you just drown in pools, but for you to talk SUCH a big game, can you actually back up your mouth? You’re getting MK1 I assume, right? Which platform?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Because no SF6 character interests me yet. Idk why everyone keeps begging me to play SF6 but with MK1 coming out soon, unless one of my characters get released, I’m not going to entertain getting SF6. And y’all are just going to have to deal with that.
¯\(ツ)
it's not as bad as it seems, you are still missing out a great game though. Just saying.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
it's not as bad as it seems, you are still missing out a great game though. Just saying.
I know it’s a great game. I’ve played the beta and I watch tournaments and a lot of top players play. It’s a fun game to watch and the little I’ve played it, it’s a lot of fun. But I can’t afford to buy a new Fighting Game that I’m just gonna drop in a month.

You talk as if you’re halfway decent at FG’s, yet I have never seen you participate in any FG tournament, online or offline. Maybe I just missed it or you just drown in pools, but for you to talk SUCH a big game, can you actually back up your mouth? You’re getting MK1 I assume, right? Which platform?
I think so. I can get the highest rank in most of them but I guess since you've never heard of me i'm automatically bad at them. you won't even stick with sf6. assumptions are for assholes. this whole back and forth has been about my cautious optimism of nrs games of recent. gotta see how much they change. i could get it day 1 i could get it on sale. platform shouldn't matter because crossplay right?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Personally I wish they would have an open beta because I didn't get to test the game for free in the stress test like everyone else did and I just don't know about spending 70 dollars to participate in a beta for a game I may not like. (Kameos I feel are gonna make it a very MKX like game and I hated MKX). So maybe I can do the refund the preorder thing lmao

like everyone else did
Pretty sure it was a very small amount of people.

I just don't know about spending 70 dollars to participate in a beta for a game I may not like.
So don't? The whole point of making a pre-order bonus is that you get something extra for being willing to put your money down early.

And...what if you do get to play the beta and enjoy it, then like MK11 they make some changes on release and it changes the game to the point where it's not quite like how the beta played? Still $70 wasted.

I get that people are excited for the game, but the entitlement towards being able to try the game with no risk is beyond a joke. If you feel that NRS screwed you over previously... just wait!

With respect to current generation consoles, the generation is about 2 years and 9 months in, and it's still barely even started. Cross gen has lasted longer than any other point in console gaming due to the pandemic, economy, hardware availability, etc.

Both PlayStation 5 consoles and Xbox Series consoles, at least in North America, are pretty easy to get now, and leaving last generation consoles behind overall makes sense.

The main thing you need to decide is if it's worth getting a current generation console for one game now, and hopefully more later on, or if you should wait.

If you're going the PlayStation route, there's also the rumour of a PlayStation 5 "Slim" coming soon, and also a PlayStation 5 Pro (very curious to see how that'll work, economically).

If Xbox, it's whether you want to splurge on an Xbox Series X, or save some dough and get an Xbox Series S.