What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Buffs Kenshi Desperately Needs.

Do you think these buffs make sense or these aren't what's wrong with Kenshi at all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Please stop with the kenshi buffs threads
I agree they need to stop. But not because he doesn't need buffs, but because nothing will happen, making these threads isn't going to change Jack shit. Nothing we can say or do will change anything. Kenshi is fucked. All it does is make people who don't even play the character or fully understand him think that we are downplayers. That is it

Levaranoia

War God
Keep him in the basement. Not even sure why this fuccboi made it into the game and a lot of other characters with potential didn't.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Keep him in the basement. Not even sure why this fuccboi made it into the game and a lot of other characters with potential didn't.

People like Kenshi. He's certainly cooler than whatever obscure character from Shaolin Monks/Mythologies/3D MKs you have a hard on for.

And yes, I know Kenshi came from the 3D MKs. One of the few good ones.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
no, it would change A LOT it would mean that kenshi would actually be able to use his spacing tools, hell it would be downright broken since it would be damn near impossible to get on, you wont exactly get far in the amount of time you would have. seriously as a balanced kenshi main that is begging for telefury to be buffed, it being a mid would be too much. just reduce the recovery time on whiff to something respectable that doesnt completely destroy you. and well patch up the holes in balanced obviously.
How impossible? You can still BLOCK the teleflurry. Have you played Injustice? Remember Raven? Aquaman? Superman? You couldn't get close to them without eating chip.
Why am I even mentioning Injustice? There's already zoners in this game who are impossible to approach without eating chip. *cough* Quan *cough* pew pew pred

MrProfDrPepper

How impossible? You can still BLOCK the teleflurry. Have you played Injustice? Remember Raven? Aquaman? Superman? You couldn't get close to them without eating chip.
The telefury is -9. And pushes you back a little on block. And yeah I have played injustice, but even then, this is too much, -9 you can walk like half a step and telefury is a good anti air to boot. That is too much. It really is.

I agree they need to stop. But not because he doesn't need buffs, but because nothing will happen, making these threads isn't going to change Jack shit. Nothing we can say or do will change anything. Kenshi is fucked. All it does is make people who don't even play the character or fully understand him think that we are downplayers. That is it
We both know his getting buffed , every character that was low tier got buffed so im not suprised if he gets buffed next patch the only problem is that some people went too far , some guy even made a petition to sign for kenshi to be buffed in pretty nrs is aware lol

MrProfDrPepper

We both know his getting buffed , every character that was low tier got buffed so im not suprised if he gets buffed next patch the only problem is that some people went too far , some guy even made a petition to sign for kenshi to be buffed in pretty nrs is aware lol
At this point it is tough to tell considering how much of the shaft kenshi has been getting in most the patches, a couple patches be got some worth while buffs but still not any that really changed his placement. I hope he will get buffed but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get buffed

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
At this point it is tough to tell considering how much of the shaft kenshi has been getting in most the patches, a couple patches be got some worth while buffs but still not any that really changed his placement. I hope he will get buffed but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get buffed
I have no doubt in my mind Kenshi will be buffed. At this point it's just what buffs will he recieve when he does. But I want your input on what you think should be buffed. You're a Balanced main and I think you would know things that should be buffed in that variation. I main Possessed and dable in Kenjutsu, but Balanced I haven't played in a good while.

MrProfDrPepper

I have no doubt in my mind Kenshi will be buffed. At this point it's just what buffs will he recieve when he does. But I want your input on what you think should be buffed. You're a Balanced main and I think you would know things that should be buffed in that variation. I main Possessed and dable in Kenjutsu, but Balanced I haven't played in a good while.
Yup there are definitely a few things I would like to have changed in balanced lol. I love the variation for how fun it is to play and how well it fits me but it sucks so damn bad and needs a lot of work. He sucks at all ranges unfortunately so basically, they need to take him out of beta, I can't believe they let a beta variation like this slip through the cracks and be left in the game even though it clearly isn't finished with how poorly the character is thought out lol

coconutshrimp

Yup there are definitely a few things I would like to have changed in balanced lol. I love the variation for how fun it is to play and how well it fits me but it sucks so damn bad and needs a lot of work. He sucks at all ranges unfortunately so basically, they need to take him out of beta, I can't believe they let a beta variation like this slip through the cracks and be left in the game even though it clearly isn't finished with how poorly the character is thought out lol
Lol I wasn't even aware Balanced made it past the alpha stage of development. Did them changing D3 move him up to the beta stage? Anyways it's interesting how a variation based on his MK9 style is as bad as it is in MKX. It really makes you question WTF they were thinking letting him in the game in his current state.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I would like he got the buffs he deserves, but I doubt it's gonna happen. Last patch was like "here we have buffs for everyone", it was the perfect moment to do so. And he got nothing relevant. I'm afraid nrs doesn't care about this character.

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

I would like he got the buffs he deserves, but I doubt it's gonna happen. Last patch was like "here we have buffs for everyone", it was the perfect momento to do so. And he got nothing relevant. I'm afraid nrs doesn't care about this character.
The only reason I could think of for not buffing him is they don't want to create MK9 Kenshi again. But let's be honest the top tiers in this game make MK9 Kenshi look fair sometimes.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well there's a new patch ready to download on PS4 I swear to god if Kenshi doesn't get buffed there will be rioting on the streets.
Hope's for some Kenshi buffs @Pig Of The Hut @MrProfDrPepper
I have below gutter levels of expectations they will fix him in this patch or later patches

Absolutely 0% confidence anything will ever be done and there will be no rioting, no point

Let this character die and all the work done to create him in the game by animators, mocap,Sound,
Etc rot away .

coconutshrimp

I have below gutter levels of expectations they will fix him in this patch or later patches

Absolutely 0% confidence anything will ever be done and there will be no rioting, no point

Let this character die and all the work done to create him in the game by animators, mocap,Sound,
Etc rot away .
That last patch really let you down. I'm hoping for buffs but not likely. It is a 6 GB patch though. You can do a lot with 6 GB. They at least fixed the Quan chip damage thing.