What's new

Bricked PS4 already

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
it has zero history with me and thats all that matters to me :)
Yet you say a few posts before that THIS is the reason you are getting Xbox. So you are in denial about Microsoft but not about Sony. Makes sense again. You are the king of making sense today. Hail to the king of sense making.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Yet you say a few posts before that THIS is the reason you are getting Xbox. So you are in denial about Microsoft but not about Sony. Makes sense again. You are the king of making sense today. Hail to the king of sense making.
i never had any intention of even buying the system. i preordered my xbox one back in june. So stop being a sony fan boy and getting all pissed off that your ps4 got bricked on day one.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
i never had any intention of even buying the system. i preordered my xbox one back in june. So stop being a sony fan boy and getting all pissed off that your ps4 got bricked on day one.
Day -2 :p. My point is that your comment made no sense before and I am glad you finally agreed.

C-Sword

Noob
Defective Units:

NeoGaffer Dylx: Was downloading an update for Battlefield 4
2 or 3 from Reddit: Unknown specifics
Twitch Streamer: Was downloading DCUO when it stalled. He unplugged the console. It wouldn't work properly after that.

Meanwhile, IGN experienced the same issue, but it happened after the console was already working. It may not have contributed to the issue, but ours stopped working the morning after we updated to version 1.50. You can find more details in the original post below. Furthermore, IGN had tried a wide variety of methods to correct the issue: new HDMI cables, new inputs, new TV, putting a disc into the system, connecting it to and from the Internet, and, of course, holding down the power button during boot-up for seven seconds to try to reset things. Nothing worked. Oddly enough, we tried adding light pressure to the top of console and it briefly flickered a few active home menu images on the television.
IGN received a response from Sony PlayStation PR, whose offices are based nearby our San Francisco headquarters. A representative was able visit and replace our broken PS4 with the goal of getting their hands on the seemingly faulty console and returning it for technical investigation. We should note, this retail system is a critical part of our ongoing review and launch coverage. We know what you’re thinking by now: IGN got its system replaced and this poor consumer didn't. Trust us, we feel just as compassionate as anyone would in this situation. IGN reached out to PlayStation again to ask if they could escalate Arogon’s issue. The representative understood the situation and promised, “We’ll look into it.”

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Careful, you're fanboy is showing

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Haha I own that shit man, I love Sony. I just thought it was funny he made the statement, this is why I am getting Xbox One when obviously it wasn't.
I only posted that to try and get a rise out of you, but props for owning it lol

Working in IT, one of my job functions is to choose and evaluate and then mass deploy our electronic equipments from desktops, laptops, monitors, desk phones, cell phones, etc. What I notice is that there will always be a few failed pieces of hardware. I get failed laptops, Iphones, desktops, servers right out of the box all the time.

The point is I'm not surprised at the reported hardware issues out of the box. It's just news because the PS4 press is high and people are excited about the release. I'm not surprised in any way that there some duds out the box, just as long as the failure rate percentage is low and does not reach the magnitude of the original 360 RROD.

Anyways, I'm excited for my PS4 tomorrow. I just hope it's not going to have the issues some have already been reported. ;)

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I so was expecting this since both consoles are currently being held under a microscope it was inevitable that some of these consoles sold would wind up defective. Add in the damn internet being the way it is these things get instant exposure and then we see the arguments such as "See Sony Drones XB1 is better" with aretort as "Fucking X-Bots heven't gotten there sytem yet I will laugh when your RROD happens day one." Anyway every console suffered birthing pains, PSX supposedly had over heating issues and 360 had the RROD and Ps3 had its YLOD issues.

This all brings me to my next point which I have been freaking telling people all this time DON'T PRE-ORDER SHIT!!! Wait until the damn thing is out and discover if it is a good functioning product. This is why we have so many issues with current gen games and bugs, seriously lest we forget Skyrim and Diablo 3. We will hear of some more issues tomorrow I can almost promise that and these will be met with amount internet stupidity we see everytime. When the dust settles in most cases (360 excluded) we find that the number of defected products that went out is really much lower and not nearly as big an issue as it was. SOny and MS will take the broke system and replace it or some folks will ask their money back and get the XB1 instead. W/e happens its just another case of same old shit different toilet!

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Learn my lesson with my launch 60 gb. I took really good care of it and it still YLOD I have to buy a slim the following year.

I'll just get the PS4 slim. By that time there's going to be tons of games that I want to play and any hardware issues will be iron out with the slim.
I bought a ps3 at launch, and I still have it and play it regularly. I bought a 360 two years after it launched and had it red ring multiple times AFTER being repaired by microsoft. Technology is volatile. Every one of us knows this.