What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Boon konfirms 1/6 teased boots; one being Quan Chi

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
2. Not likely Mavado, I think he was deconfirmed by Ed Boon in a tweet long ago..
Boot does not resemble Kabal's, his had some designs on them last game.
Might be a new character. (Ed said there are new characters in this tease, so this might be one of them).

3. Shaolin. The foot looks kinda feminine if you ask me. I don't think it's Kung Lao (although I fucking wish), Liu Kang, or Fujin.
Could be a new character: female Shaolin monk?
Although whoever said the calf on the leg is too big to be a female, I hope you're right and it's either Kung or Kang.. We'll see.

4. Mileena. She's still very much alive. I think Kitana will return for MKX, but as DLC, that's why I call Mileena for this foot. And besides, it can't possibly be a new character, why would they introduce a new female ninja when they got 4 already? 2 of them being popular of all (Kitana and Mileena).

5. Jax.

6. Shinnok. How could anyone miss this? Clearly you can see some kind of staff next to the boot. Shinnok is in if Quan Chi is in. He will play a major roll in part of the story. Only other person it could be is maybe Ermac, but I doubt that.

Also, when the first time Ed tweeted the boot pics back in August, it said "These boots were made 4 walking"... the number 4 might represent how many of the characters are returning from previous games, and the 2 remaining could be new.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Hmmm look at the second picture from the right. Look familiar anyone?

Here is Jax:

Here is Jax's boots:

Here is picture number 5:

I think we got ourselves a Jax confirmination. But that could be too easy to believe, maybe that's exactly what Boon wanted us to think. He wanted us to think it would be Jax. Or maybe he wanted us to think that he'd think we wanted him to think that we'd think it was Jax. Looks like we've got to make a good read haha

I thought JAX too right away when looking at that boot....

SLy

Noob
Im more so curious about the second and last boot. Who in the MK universe wears a coat/cape besides Kabal? I have a feeling the last boot is a ninja.
Honestly for the Second boot there are only 4 people that wear trench coats.

Mavado for a fact
Kabal for a fact
Noob (Possibly)
Ermac (Possibly)
Shinnok

or it can just be a new character which I highly doubt.

The 3rd one might end up being Fujin. The shoes fits for his type of character honestly. If not maybe a new shaolin?
4th I feel its Tanya hands down

Im lost on the 5th and 6th

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm going to throw a crazy as fuck idea/speculation out here.

What if boot 2 or 5 are Stryker?

What if Quan Chi used his crazy demon magic to turn Stryker into some kind of badass demon enforcer.

If he can make a regular ass ninja into Scorpion, he can make a badass hero cop into something even more ridiculous.

max-6186

Noob

My guesses for the boots

Ermac due to the cape shown and the boot matches the leaked concept art.
New Shaolin or maybe Kung Lao revived but I don't feel they'll release Quan Chi's army
Tanya or Mileena cause again its not Kitana :p she'll wont be revealed anytime soon
Idk the 5th at all, doesnt show anything
Shinnok cause he got a staff like
5th is Riko

Jordy

Noob
so easy....
1. quan chi
2. kabal/mavado
3. liu kang/kung lao
4. sheeva
5. jax (oh nooooo!)
6. impossible to know maybe a ninja (smoke/noob...?)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Boon has already confirmed that Cassie is Sonya and Johnny's daughter, not Sonya and Kano's.

*goes to throw up at the thought of Kano raping Sonya*
Now, you definitely not getting spoilers for twists like that from the creator, so Boon's "confirmation" doesn't mean there's nothing more to dig there. However, I hope that you're right because sure as hell I totally agree with the spirit of second part of your post.