What's new

Book needs Tournament player's help.

I used the feel the same exact way when I played Marvaz and what I would do is examine every mistake I made and missed opportunities and it was fun because what I would do is blow up things I examined that had a flaw but it's marvaz that guy change's his style so fast it's like fighting a different person and guess what one day I replayed him and luckily won 10-9 HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now he has a new trick, damn Ex nut-punch :( my plan for that is simple baiting. I did the same thing to @Lordofthefly and @PigoftheHut but only his kenshi because his kenshi owned my Sub but Noob had his vengeance :)

Never give up or give in bro, keep looking up because just like you everyone has worked hard to be where they are...even me xD lol get that joke?

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Hi guys.

Ahem..

Anyways, there always comes these moments while playing where I stop and think to myself; am I a decent player, or perhaps I'm just mediocre or maybe even I'm garbage. The problem with me is that I live in Iowa where there is no local competition, tournaments, nothing. This can be very frustrating for someone who wants to compete at Mortal Kombat when they never have the opportunity to sit down with someone good and practice. There is one thing though I will say, and even as an online player, I fully believe that online makes you worse.

Today I played someone well known, a tournament player, and at the beginning I was fairly confident, but after loss after loss I began to feel very demoralized and kind of went on auto-pilot mode. I really didn't like any second of it and after awhile I felt like I was just wasting this guy's time, lowering his opinion of me and so forth.

So I mean, what do I do? Even though that match was also online, I feel that playing a good player online is still vastly better than just playing randoms or easy opponents, because they're more likely to beat my face in for doing online gimmicks. All in all I'm grateful for the match, or any match I get like that because it reminds me that I have a long road ahead of me, and keeps me from totally stagnating. So, should I just not play randoms online at all and isolate myself to playing only well known and proven good players? I don't really have much of a choice and I know that if I do this I'll hardly get any games in. Or should I just avoid online altogether and just go to practice mode?

My problem with the later is that it's boring and I never have the ability to feel like I've improved. I'm scared that if I did that, my interest in the game would slowly dwindle and ultimately, I'd go back online anyways. So what's a guy like me to do with no local comp?

Quit?
cmon man ur sick... we used to play each other and you used to serve my ass up... but iam still practicing