What's new

BnB, Max Damage, & Setup Combos Discussion [OLD THREAD. OUT-DATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
BTW I have a request. For guides can the combos just be off slide or f+3? There is no point to adding jump ins and strings like f+1,1,3 at the beginning. It only makes the damage more confusing and misleading. Slide and f+3 are the main combo starters. Other openers that lead into slide are just icing on the cake. When I'm looking a guide I want it straight to the point.
Yeah, good call.

Just a heads up everyone- I'll be gone Friday through next Sunday (the 28th) - I'll update this post layer this evening with everything we have and then update it when I get back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
There's no reason to not use MB Command Grab, f113 dagger as a combo ender. Its way too powerful to not use it
Yeah, I always go for the guaranteed damage and end the string with the standing reset if I had meter at the time. I feel like anything else is more of a gimmick.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah, I always go for the guaranteed damage and end the string with the standing reset if I had meter at the time. I feel like anything else is more of a gimmick.
Depending on meter, I've been ending everything in MB Command grab to keep them in the vortex, unless I'm trying to just get raw damage then I end with the standing reset.

RiBBz22

Depending on meter, I've been ending everything in MB Command grab to keep them in the vortex, unless I'm trying to just get raw damage then I end with the standing reset.
We are saying the same thing, I am trying to say I always try to put them in the reset as long as I have the meter. My wording was probably confusing. Basically it comes down to putting them in the option they really really don't want to be in.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
We are saying the same thing, I am trying to say I always try to put them in the reset as long as I have the meter. My wording was probably confusing. Basically it comes down to putting them in the option they really really don't want to be in.
Oh yeah you're right haha, I got kinda confused by your wording. But yeah once they're in the vortex leave em in. She really has SO many opportunity's to get someone in it. I didn't test this but do you know if you can do d1 iceberg 11 slide 22 MB grab?

RiBBz22

Oh yeah you're right haha, I got kinda confused by your wording. But yeah once they're in the vortex leave em in. She really has SO many opportunity's to get someone in it. I didn't test this but do you know if you can do d1 iceberg 11 slide 22 MB grab?
I honestly always do d1 slide now since slide is safe and iceberg isn't. I use d1 slide u3 u3 22 grab MB nj2 f113 dagger for 44%, 39% with 1 u3.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I honestly always do d1 slide now since slide is safe and iceberg isn't. I use d1 slide u3 u3 22 grab MB nj2 f113 dagger for 44%, 39% with 1 u3.
Make sense. You can hitconfirm it but you needa have godlike reactions lol

RiBBz22

Make sense. You can hitconfirm it but you needa have godlike reactions lol
Yeah, LBSH though you are going for a d1 punish on more of a read or a counter poking situation. Once they respect the slide sometimes I will just YOLO d1 into f3 or MB f3.

For some reason that d1 combo seems to be ultra effective for me. I was playing some KF mirrors last night and every time I would block a slide I was able to d1 into that punish and really stop their heavy sliding.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah, LBSH though you are going for a d1 punish on more of a read or a counter poking situation. Once they respect the slide sometimes I will just YOLO d1 into f3 or MB f3.

For some reason that d1 combo seems to be ultra effective for me. I was playing some KF mirrors last night and every time I would block a slide I was able to d1 into that punish and really stop their heavy sliding.

Yeah that works really really well. Just FYI guys, if people like to counterpoke twice, use uppercut to beat the second one. I had to learn this when playing against Juggs' Ares, his d1 is stupid annoying.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Has anyone fooled around with activating trait mid combo. Something like d1, MB db2, b3, trait, u3, etc....?
Thats what I was thinking bout. I feel like she has advantage enough to have some kinda cancel charge pressure like sindel with he levi cancels or something, but im not good so could someone else test this haha.

Innocent Vision

♥ Nightwing ♥
Here's a decent 49% (lol 50..) midscreen combo, requires 2 bars.

j.2 ~ f1,1,3 ~ slide ~ u3 ~ 2.2 ~ MB Flash freeze (grab) ~ f1,1,3 ~ MB Ice berg (Slight walk) ~ 2,2 ~ Ice berg

What set up's are you guys doing in corners?

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Here's a decent 49% (lol 50..) midscreen combo, requires 2 bars.

j.2 ~ f1,1,3 ~ slide ~ u3 ~ 2.2 ~ MB Flash freeze (grab) ~ f1,1,3 ~ MB Ice berg (Slight walk) ~ 2,2 ~ Ice berg

What set up's are you guys doing in corners?
Remember that you can get nj.2 ~ f1,1,3 after MB Grab.

I can get 49%-52% for one bar with:

j.2 ~ f1,1,3 ~ slide ~ u3 ~ u3 ~ 2,2 ~ MB Grab ~ nj.2 ~ f1,1,3 ~ Daggers

Sub Daggers in that for MB Iceberg ~ b.3 ~ Daggers maybe?

With an MB Iceberg ~ b.3 ~ Transition it's about 58%.

Hahaha.

When you've got someone with their back to the corner, end with regular Command Grab and hold Up+Forward for what looks to be a free safe-jump crossup with jumping 1, 2 or 3.

Do MB Grab, then jumpback > Fly Forward > j.2 for some stupid ambiguous reset shit. Hit on right but land on left? Fuck yes.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Does anyone have a decent combo that includes her b3 in?

I really want to be able to safely use the stage transitions when low on meter or during the "second round" to avoid clashes.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Only way I see it happening meterless is doing it mad early in your combo after slide ~ optional u.3? Is that a thing? Go check. I'm working on finals.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Crossover ji3, D1~slide, U3, 22 MB Flash Freeze, NJ2 F112 Frozen Daggers 44%

If the jump in isn't a crossover you can't connect the d1 and must slide immediately instead. If D1 slide gives you issues for some reason you can just do BD1 then press 3 right when the poke hits and she will slide.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Just curious, but do you guys do two u3 inputs when(if) you play online?

I personally only do it once since that little bit of input lag makes it difficult. Just curious about what you guys prefer to do.

Neclord

Noob
My day 1 combo without looking in any of the combo threads (I like to find combos on my own :))

1, 1, 1, Slide, Jump 2, 1, 1, 1, Slide = 33% no meter

Status
Not open for further replies.