What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Any ideas for the raven MU. I cant zone her effectively bc of her trait and when I try to get in I get command grabbed into a combo

Raven has no command grab. Just a regular throw.

You can chuck lightning bolts at full screen, but really your best bet is just to do what everyone does is, dash block in and hound her ass due to her shit wake ups.

Raven has no command grab. Just a regular throw.

You can chuck lightning bolts at full screen, but really your best bet is just to do what everyone does is, dash block in and hound her ass due to her shit wake ups.
When I said command grab I meant to say her df2 and db2 my bad

Any ideas for the raven MU. I cant zone her effectively bc of her trait and when I try to get in I get command grabbed into a combo
block during her trait, u can occasionally sneak in an ex black magik if she gets spammy in trait but she can punish that its all risky, makeup for the missed damage when she is no longer in trait... and if u can maintain fullscreen then take advantage of it... its a very turtley match on both sides

WW and GL come to mind.

On another topic, has anyone noticed that they're getting hit out of wake up lightning cage? Did they nerf the inviln frames?
i feel gl to be relatively even, and wwoman is probably a 4-6 but its not horrible and i honestly have felt it to be even... scorpion and cyborg are other potential bad matchups that come to mind... not sure about cyborg, but scorpion has so much air superiority in this fight and such a good mixup game... superman is the final bad matchup seeing as he has a strong zoning and footsie advantage... i dont see a lot of supermans baiting out jumps and using air dashes to get hang time to punish with laser... hes a very adept zoner regardless its close to five-five

most of black adams other matchups are in the 6-4 or 7-3 realm some like bane could be 8-2

JaredL

i feel gl to be relatively even, and wwoman is probably a 4-6 but its not horrible and i honestly have felt it to be even... scorpion and cyborg are other potential bad matchups that come to mind... not sure about cyborg, but scorpion has so much air superiority in this fight and such a good mixup game... superman is the final bad matchup seeing as he has a strong zoning and footsie advantage... i dont see a lot of supermans baiting out jumps and using air dashes to get hang time to punish with laser... hes a very adept zoner regardless its close to five-five

most of black adams other matchups are in the 6-4 or 7-3 realm some like bane could be 8-2

Supermans zoning isn't as great as some suggest really. A well timed jump completely avoids air lasers and can lead into ex dive kick.

As for WW... she kinda shuts down everything we can do.

Supermans zoning isn't as great as some suggest really. A well timed jump completely avoids air lasers and can lead into ex dive kick.

As for WW... she kinda shuts down everything we can do.
maybe the supermans you are playing... the characters insanely versatile

JaredL

yeah... id give the zoning a slight advantage in supermans favor... keep in mind if hes grounded divekick wont punish him from most ranges

Indeed, but you have a very strong forward dash. At mid range, its too risky for him to do lasers. If they are doing lasers at that range, you should know what to do.

Also, never underestimate adams J1. It is amazing at knocking people out of the air. Use it against Batman and supermen who love their cross ups.

Indeed, but you have a very strong forward dash. At mid range, its too risky for him to do lasers. If they are doing lasers at that range, you should know what to do.

Also, never underestimate adams J1. It is amazing at knocking people out of the air. Use it against Batman and supermen who love their cross ups.
i use jump 1 a lot... but dashing forward and going into whatever normal is very negative for black adam... especially considering supermans f2 is 8 frames and he also has a good back dash... f23 is more whiff punishable than back 2 however.

at mid screen ive gotten blown up by heat zap trying to punish it or hes just blocked my divekick... the window is screwy.. and the point is his air dash creates space and can mixup your jump game...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
reversal lightning or max height divekick will always beat command grab.

raven is ridiculously easy to outzone and get the lifelead from, she has no comeback factor and her ambiguous crossup setups are severely hurt due to lightning cage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
block during her trait, u can occasionally sneak in an ex black magik if she gets spammy in trait but she can punish that its all risky, makeup for the missed damage when she is no longer in trait... and if u can maintain fullscreen then take advantage of it... its a very turtley match on both sides
ex black magic is suicide vs her when reversal lightning does a much better job

ww feels even because you havent played foxy, GL and WW are for sure 4-6 after playing THTB and F0xy

supes has no zoning and barely any footsie advantage. all of supermans zoning can be backdashed or ducked on reaction, he cant even chip you with his lasers, even worse, its 48% just for one divekick.

scorpion is just 3 7, one matchup where he gets completely raped, his only such matchup

the more i play the ba the more he seems like kenshi.... he destroys the majority of the cast if scorp is banned hes number one ... he destrroys deathstroke.... ares cant do anything at all... bane cant do anything..... solomon cant... he crushes doomsday..... frost cant catch him....lex might as well drop his cont.... gl is even at worst... batman ww aq man supes are the best bets.... the only one who he might lose 2 is ww or the bat raven and maybe batgirl are okay

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Ok i need help i use shazam and i cant puinsh anything his dash is so good he escape for free when i to punish anything
Any pointers plz

the more i play the ba the more he seems like kenshi.... he destroys the majority of the cast if scorp is banned hes number one ... he destrroys deathstroke.... ares cant do anything at all... bane cant do anything..... solomon cant... he crushes doomsday..... frost cant catch him....lex might as well drop his cont.... gl is even at worst... batman ww aq man supes are the best bets.... the only one who he might lose 2 is ww or the bat raven and maybe batgirl are okay
I'm free all day to doomsday I can't deal with him to save my life

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Scorpion seems like a 4-6 matchup or 3-7. I fought Qwark28 tooth and nail on the subject but this match is pretty fucked, even after all of the patches

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Interesting that PL is using BA instead of Scorpion at CEO. He must know something we don't or he's counter picking