What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I suggest that if you are having trouble with the torpedo punishes then to just try starting by punishing with throw until you have worked out a better way to punish. Well now that could be a weird case. Are you being hit by the second 2 or the f2?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I suggest that if you are having trouble with the torpedo punishes then to just try starting by punishing with throw until you have worked out a better way to punish. Well now that could be a weird case. Are you being hit by the second 2 or the f2?

Its been both but... I tried to replicate it and it doesn't happen in training mode. Its extremely weird. I'm in the middle of the cage, arms in the air you know and I'm eating a combo all of a sudden. Maybe its not even a wake up cage... but I doubt it since wake ups are piss easy now.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Its been both but... I tried to replicate it and it doesn't happen in training mode. Its extremely weird. I'm in the middle of the cage, arms in the air you know and I'm eating a combo all of a sudden. Maybe its not even a wake up cage... but I doubt it since wake ups are piss easy now.
From the sound of it, it seems to be whiff punishing the move, the invincibility only lasts on the startup, so if you are at that point and getting hit that would be my guess.

JaredL

Testing some punishes for torpedo... seems at a long range best punish is D1... something. Otherwise every other punish attempt is too slow or wiffs.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Testing some punishes for torpedo... seems at a long range best punish is D1... something. Otherwise every other punish attempt is too slow or wiffs.
Well if you want decent damage off of d1 I have found that d1 trait d1 ex lightning storm does 31% and it works on everyone. I think d1 trait d2 b23 u 1+3 works as well but idk how much damage it does.

JaredL

Well if you want decent damage off of d1 I have found that d1 trait d1 ex lightning storm does 31% and it works on everyone. I think d1 trait d2 b23 u 1+3 works as well but idk how much damage it does.

I find that the best I could do off of that was:

D1 ex black magic, trait, J2, B23 1+3

This D1 is not like the normal ones, insofar as it hits them while still in the air, so the black magic connects.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I find that the best I could do off of that was:

D1 ex black magic, trait, J2, B23 1+3

This D1 is not like the normal ones, insofar as it hits them while still in the air, so the black magic connects.
Oh ok well that works out great then, did you try d1 ex cage? Probably won't work but worth a shot.

JaredL

Oh ok well that works out great then, did you try d1 ex cage? Probably won't work but worth a shot.

Sadly the D1 pushes them back, like a juggle and the lightning cage is too far.

This works a bit like the anti air D1 scorpion could do in MK9

JaredL

Yeah that sounds about right, just wanted to see lol.

Has to be a pretty good read though. Its a bit hard to judge distances on what is and isn't punishable, but so far, 30% non trait for one bar, and 37% trait one bar seems enough to get them to respect it and stop doing it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Has to be a pretty good read though. Its a bit hard to judge distances on what is and isn't punishable, but so far, 30% non trait for one bar, and 37% trait one bar seems enough to get them to respect it and stop doing it.
That's a very good punish. Nice find man. :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
torpedobear has a fixed range, if its badly spaced hes right next to you at -12 i think, b1 trait should give you a combo

if they backdash after torpedo ex divekick them, if not, jump at them, shazam has no good AA and you can react to dashes with divekick

I honestly can't deal with superman air lasers... I read the forums and hit the lab still can't reliably punish that and lose against any superman who spams them and mixes it up when I get close

i do feel that green lantern feels even especially after watching AK Smarrgasm play sabin
superman is roughly even however, i feel that superman has a footsie and a slight zoning advantage so i think its slight adv. black.. i wasnt six frame jabbing out this weekend, but that move has a wonkly hitbox... black adam might have a slightly bnetter up close game
wonder woman is a tough matchup, i feel that at the highest level its 6-4 wwoman because of her ease getting in (low air headbutts), aerial advantage and corner and midscreen mixup game... but its definetly winnable if you handle the aerial game properly, for now its 5-5 imo
batman is even stevens, dab makes it even feel batman sided, however i think batman has too maximize his trait or black can runaway way too effectively, for the most part i feel at the advantage in this matchup
scorpion is questionable, i haven't played pl, everytime this character does anything, jump hes got multiple mixups because of the teleport, you need to read whether hes gonna cross over or not and teleport or not or do both... its probably a 4-6... but then again scorpion seems doomsdayish
raven imo is slightly in black adams favor... ive run that matchup qutie abit with stb reggin

pretty much every other matchup is in black adams favor atleast slightly, sometimes heavily

I hear people talking about BA having bad matchups but... what are they? When I say "bad," I don't mean "eh... that one might be 4-6, maybe 5-5." I mean straight up "that's a 4-6 matchup at best." I know a lot of people are saying Scorpion, but I'm skeptical. Are there any others?

JaredL

I hear people talking about BA having bad matchups but... what are they? When I say "bad," I don't mean "eh... that one might be 4-6, maybe 5-5." I mean straight up "that's a 4-6 matchup at best." I know a lot of people are saying Scorpion, but I'm skeptical. Are there any others?

WW and GL come to mind.

On another topic, has anyone noticed that they're getting hit out of wake up lightning cage? Did they nerf the inviln frames?

ReZo

MKX
The sad thing is, for black adam 37% is pretty low.

Shazam dreams to reach that in 2 meter combos...

Well.... Shazam has a 59% meterless corner combo as long as you have trait activated beforehand. 112 times 4 lol found it on day 1

JaredL

Well.... Shazam has a 59% meterless corner combo as long as you have trait activated beforehand. 112 times 4 lol found it on day 1

We all know that, its just that... he sucks getting you in the corner and finding a way to set that up.

ReZo

MKX
WW and GL come to mind.

On another topic, has anyone noticed that they're getting hit out of wake up lightning cage? Did they nerf the inviln frames?

Its strange, but, I noticed it as well, I dont think they nerfed the invuln frames, most of the time I get hit is by either a well timed jump-in and such. I can even hit superman out of his wakeup air grab with B23, if the 3 hits right as he activates the wakeup, the B23 will allow you to not be picked up at all, it will whiff and the 3 will actually catch superman mid-air and allow for a combo

Any ideas for the raven MU. I cant zone her effectively bc of her trait and when I try to get in I get command grabbed into a combo