What's new

Question best stages for batgirl?

I'd make this a poll but too lazy and at work.

Hall of justice is her best stage definitely I think. If you can get one of the bombs rolling you're almost guaranteed damage because of smokebomb.

Watchtower is probably her second best. Any character with a capture state move is really good on this stage because after you capture them you can wait for the flying robot to get close, then finish the vortex and jump for guaranteed unblockables

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hall of Justice is definitely a great great stage. I honestly don't play Watchtower because of how damn scrubby that stage is. I love Atlantis and play it a lot with her...but that definitely isn't her best stage. A big big part of Batgirl's whole game is to vortex you into the corner and then clean house on a 50-50 and with the MB-able water wall/wheel can really be a pain in the ass for her to deal with against good players. With her massive corner damage in mind, smaller stages make a lot of sense.

Also, I actually like Wayne Manor (outside) a lot with her since all the interactables are very slow to startup and it is terribly easy to bait people into using them and punishing with smoke bomb. In all honesty, Batgirl is great on a ton of stages because of her ability to punish so many interactables on startup. Picking a stage without MB-able stuff probably makes the most sense.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Ther is one stage I love and loathe all at once that is the Mess Hall, it has two great pieces to help gain some space as well help you out with mobility adn the statue heads are great and useful, I love tossing the pig, but your opponent can so use that pig as trap by holding you in one place form the opposite side of the screen. Then who deosn't enjoy an awesome game of toss the bacon

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Absolutely no question Ferris Aircraft is her best stage. All of the players who have played my Babs on this stage agree.

She owns both of the corners. On the left (cylinder) side she gets a 40% meter less unblockable vortex which allows her to zone and build meter due to her opponent having to respect that option. On the right (missile) side she can shoot a missile and and if you try to jump the missile Batgirl can smoke port your ass into a vortex.

Finally the Ferris stage has no stage transitions which is in BG's favor as Ribbz mentioned. Out of the two stages without stage transitions Ferris Aircraft is a better choice for non power characters in general.

RiBBz22

Absolutely no question Ferris Aircraft is her best stage. All of the players who have played my Babs on this stage agree.

She owns both of the corners. On the left (cylinder) side she gets a 40% meter less unblockable vortex which allows her to zone and build meter due to her opponent having to respect that option. On the right (missile) side she can shoot a missile and and if you try to jump the missile Batgirl can smoke port your ass into a vortex.

Finally the Ferris stage has no stage transitions which is in BG's favor as Ribbz mentioned. Out of the two stages without stage transitions Ferris Aircraft is a better choice for non power characters in general.
yeah I didn't even think about this stage for some reason. I actually don't avoid the stage and play it a lot but I guess I am too self-absorbed in my own Batgirl greatness to realize how much the stage is helping me :p

Every single time I am on this stage I try to get on the right side so I can shoot the missile. If my opponent is anywhere outside of jump distance then you can hit the missile and go into smoke bomb and one of those two options cannot be escaped. I do that shit allllllllllllllll day.

RiBBz22

Ther is one stage I love and loathe all at once that is the Mess Hall, it has two great pieces to help gain some space as well help you out with mobility adn the statue heads are great and useful, I love tossing the pig, but your opponent can so use that pig as trap by holding you in one place form the opposite side of the screen. Then who deosn't enjoy an awesome game of toss the bacon
Haha, yeah I love the pig stage too. It is another excellent example of a stage where the interactables are way too fun for your opponent not to use them and you can just bait that desire into a ton of smoke bombs...

Celerity

Lab Monster
I actually think Batcave is a great stage for her. It has no benefits at all for power characters, and no annoying corner interactables. It's also among the stages with a bounce interactable in the center, which is great for Batgirl because it lets you begin the vortex meterless at the beginning of the round from any 1 or D1.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
I forgot to to list the combo off the cylinder thing on Ferris so this is what I do off of it:

jump up to the cylinder and hit R1 then slightly charge b3, j3, D2xxbola, j2, 111. I'm pretty sure that's 40% into her vortex but I'm at work so I can't double check.

Btw, does any of you pimps know what that cylinder thing is actually called? It's annoying the piss out of me that I keep having to call it that lol.

RiBBz22

I forgot to to list the combo off the cylinder thing on Ferris so this is what I do off of it:

jump up to the cylinder and hit R1 then slightly charge b3, j3, D2xxbola, j2, 111. I'm pretty sure that's 40% into her vortex but I'm at work so I can't double check.

Btw, does any of you pimps know what that cylinder thing is actually called? It's annoying the piss out of me that I keep having to call it that lol.
I think it is like a big airplane turbine or something.

The car of the left side of Wayne manor doesn't blow up when BG bombs it.

The explosion also pops them up, which you can combo a grab with a Smoke Bomb MB.

Combo into Bola, jump back into the corner and set the bomb again!

Does 28% or so per rep.

Celerity

Lab Monster
The car of the left side of Wayne manor doesn't blow up when BG bombs it.

The explosion also pops them up, which you can combo a grab with a Smoke Bomb MB.

Combo into Bola, jump back into the corner and set the bomb again!

Does 28% or so per rep.
Yeah, outside of Wayne Manor is nice for Batgirl, unfortunately the inside is a nightmare.

How so? There are only 4 interactibles on the inside, and the corners have the bombable items that pop up for a free reset.

Btw, I forgot you can steer your jump after bombing, so that indestructable car is an infinite/ unblockable reset loop.

Ok, here are my thoughts on what you want in a stage for Batgirl.

#1 Great Gadget interactables that allow for combo into vortex
#2 Small Stage (easy to get to a corner)
#3 Interactibles when thrown by power characters that allow free DD3 punish
#4 No or very few MB interactibles.
#5 Not many transitions

So, Wayne manor outside and Metropolis Street have the indestructable cars on the left side. These can create unblockable loops that can be brought back into BOLA then the car bomb again or vortex. There are ways out (roll, Amour 3, backdash, certain wakeups), but these can be inconsistant. HOWEVER, if you end your combo with MB33, and have them fall out into the carbomb, that's inescapable.

Of these two, I think Metropolis is slightly better b/c the stage is smaller, but you have the transitions possible to stages that don't do anything for Batgirl.

Obviously, Ferris & Hall of Justice Plaza are really good for Batgirl too. HoJ Plaza's tanks into vortex is one of the dirtiest things you can do.

The pig isn't a great stage for her. The animation to throw the pig is short and is quick/tall enough to snag her on the way up.

Atlantis is actually not bad. There are two bomb-able objects for free resets if you happen to bola near them, and the stage is small. The MB interactibles on the walls are annoying though, so you have to watch out for them (maybe MB to punish).

My ranking:
1. Metropolis Street
2. HoJ Plaza
3. Wayne Manor outside (big though)
4. Ferris
5. Atlantis

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Just a side note, you can d3 the Pig in Arkham Asylum similar to WW and CW. It'll go clean over you. Pretty easy to do on reaction as well.

RiBBz22

The pig isn't a great stage for her. The animation to throw the pig is short and is quick/tall enough to snag her on the way up.
Do not agree with this one. Mess Hall is one of her best stages. You can D3 under the pig or go for smoke bomb, and all of the other interactables in that area for the most part involve jumping which leads to having no risk to throw out smoke bomb once you see them go to the air. She really controls that stage, and I would have it in her top 3 stages for sure.

Any stage with a reusable bomb interacyables in the corner that you can reuse and combo off of. All combos can end in a vortex into another bomb lol

Do not agree with this one. Mess Hall is one of her best stages. You can D3 under the pig or go for smoke bomb, and all of the other interactables in that area for the most part involve jumping which leads to having no risk to throw out smoke bomb once you see them go to the air. She really controls that stage, and I would have it in her top 3 stages for sure.
I'm sorry, Mess Hall has to be behind the two car interactible stages (loops), Plaza, and Ferris. Mess Hall is also pretty big, so that means less corner time. I think Pig being a grounded, fast interactible is all sorts of trouble for BG. You have to Smoke Bomb almost telepathically and can be faked out pretty easily. Smaller stages are better.

Just because she can D3 the pig doesn't make pig= good.

I would say even Atlantis is better since it's small, has two combo bombs, and BG has reusable MB interactibles in case SHE gets cornered.

Any stage with a reusable bomb interacyables in the corner that you can reuse and combo off of. All combos can end in a vortex into another bomb lol
Yeah, I mentioned this in the posts above. I even have a video somewhere.

There's ways out of meterless setups, but using MB teleport and letting it expire is 100% guaranteed.

RiBBz22

I'm sorry, Mess Hall has to be behind the two car interactible stages (loops), Plaza, and Ferris. Mess Hall is also pretty big, so that means less corner time. I think Pig being a grounded, fast interactible is all sorts of trouble for BG. You have to Smoke Bomb almost telepathically and can be faked out pretty easily. Smaller stages are better.

Just because she can D3 the pig doesn't make pig= good.

I would say even Atlantis is better since it's small, has two combo bombs, and BG has reusable MB interactibles in case SHE gets cornered.

Yeah, I mentioned this in the posts above. I even have a video somewhere.

There's ways out of meterless setups, but using MB teleport and letting it expire is 100% guaranteed.
Yeah Metropolis Street is good, but I think that Ferris is the best stage for her. Then probably Metropolis Street and either HoJ Plaza or Mess Hall IMO.

Also, I actually do think that being able to d3 under the pig makes it good. I have ruined peoples' lives on that stage...

Yes I fully understand what the bomb loops are
"so there's this stage that's small and has a 100% setup that you have to clash to get out, but it's not the best stage for here, cuz... missiles."

If you're at a tourney and don't pick Metro street, you're being silly.

Also, I think if you opponent picks metro rooftop and you pick metro street 2nd, I'm not sure it even 50/50's. It goes straight to street.

You can duck the fusilage unless its used by a power character so thats not exactly unblockable starter. I believe you can punish her if you duck it too. Seem to recall hitting a batgirl for 50% and cornering her for trying that on me.

You can duck the fusilage unless its used by a power character so thats not exactly unblockable starter. I believe you can punish her if you duck it too. Seem to recall hitting a batgirl for 50% and cornering her for trying that on me.
Yeah, I don't like the fuselage, either. Just duck and beat her up. And the missles aren't nearly as good as say, the Tanks on Plaza b/c you can't get them into a Smoke Bomb situation. Lastly, there aren't respawnable throwables in the air to have power characters try to throw at you, only to get smoke bombed for free.

People are so dumb sometimes. "HEY INTERACTABLE LEMME THROW THIS... fuck."