What's new

Best patch version of each character

TKB

Noob
That doesn't change the fact of how good it was. Most regular command grabs are jump-able. Of course it wasn't a guaranteed command grab but the fact that it was "meaty" made it so good. It's like having sun god kotal kahn being able to get b1 on hit cancelled into command grab and still get the meaty grab(b1xxcommand grab is a tick throw on block also). That'd be ridiculous. That's exactly what erron had.
You said it was guaranteed so I wanted to correct that. But comparing it to kotal kahns b1 is completely inaccurate. His b1 is plus 15 on hit, Erron black's d3 is plus 4 on hit. It honestly wasn't very good, Most Erron Black players didn't even really use it that much because the 21122/command grab mixup is so much better.

skater11

The saltiest
You said it was guaranteed so I wanted to correct that. But comparing it to kotal kahns b1 is completely inaccurate. His b1 is plus 15 on hit, Erron black's d3 is plus 4 on hit. It honestly wasn't very good, Most Erron Black players didn't even really use it that much because the 21122/command grab mixup is so much better.
Bringing up the advantage on hit is irrelevant. I simply brought kotal Kahn into this for the sake of his b1tick throw and how ridiculous it would have been if it worked on hit. If errons d3 is only 4 frames of advntg and grants very little options how good would you think it is when it's making your opponent jump, armor, or respect even more after it? Most errons who didn't use that either didn't know about it or aren't smart enough to know how good that was.

Demolition Sonya pre b14 and X-ray nerf (last patch)

Ronin Takeda until recent hotfix

Sorcerer Quan before patch when he had permanent increased chip/double spell circles
Ronin takeda wasn t good before the all saving august update bless be that month

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
What did they fix of hers in this last go? I thought it was just damage scaling?
Well everything was damage scaling, but apparently not enough, which is sad considering Kotal Kahn has 163% setups and 5% chip damage hits, but no one cares about that. Kitana was one of the few characters that got a lot off of a bar, now it's gone from 53ish to 45ish. Not too bad, but it's such a big drop, especially considering that that's nearly 17% of the damage to begin with.

Well everything was damage scaling, but apparently not enough, which is sad considering Kotal Kahn has 163% setups and 5% chip damage hits, but no one cares about that. Kitana was one of the few characters that got a lot off of a bar, now it's gone from 53ish to 45ish. Not too bad, but it's such a big drop, especially considering that that's nearly 17% of the damage to begin with.
Ok, seriously awful example lol. If blood God ever gets that in a real match they deserve to just end the set right there.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Vanilla F/T's F3 was overhead which made lackey pretty nuts. Otherwise, current.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Vanilla Balanced Kenshi..... broken zoning, really safe special moves, ex armored launcher (that leaves him + on block)... that shit was just too much.... stahp pls...

Bringing up the advantage on hit is irrelevant. I simply brought kotal Kahn into this for the sake of his b1tick throw and how ridiculous it would have been if it worked on hit. If errons d3 is only 4 frames of advntg and grants very little options how good would you think it is when it's making your opponent jump, armor, or respect even more after it? Most errons who didn't use that either didn't know about it or aren't smart enough to know how good that was.
Your talking points aren't even that good when you consider the multiple options there were to get out of that tick, let alone it just randomly whiffing. Relying on that alone showed that you yourself don't know what you're talking about. And comparing a D3 to Kotal's advancing B1 tick is laughable and would've been stupid if the command grab also connected on hit.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Vanilla Grandmaster Sub-Zero

-better hitbox on clone
-clone did not go away on block
-clone damage scaling was higher
-clone had no cooldown timer on it.

Clone is love, clone is lyfe.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Vanilla Grandmaster Sub-Zero

-better hitbox on clone
-clone did not go away on block
-clone damage scaling was higher
-clone had no cooldown timer on it.

Clone is love, clone is lyfe.
ALL that and he still wasn't a top ten character. He was fine imo before the nerfs

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lasher- pretty much always pretty good but them new jump Normals are amazing. But they took some dirt away from lasher as well