What's new

Best ___ in the Game?

How much does he get the most off a combo that can actually be used in a match? Even if it's situational. Meterless and with 1 bar?

Basically I want to know why people are saying he has big damage.

Also why are people ignoring Sun God Kotal in damage?
Those were off his main launchers. With meter you do get like 44% with the b2 hat spin or f2 hat spin, but that is not with the 21 ender anymore, so I'd rather use my meter for ex hat spin/breaker/ex spin. The main reason I see people use meter for combos is because they aren't confident in their 44 link and they use meter for damage they wouldve gotten meterless anyways if they did the 44 link. I see people end combos wih grabs, which isn't optimal. You get like 2% more damage, but you are not getting the knockdown you want and the opponent can tech and you sacrifice the 21 ender which gives you a blockstring/grab mixup, which just doesn't make sense to sacrifice for a mere 2% damage.

A lot of high damaging characters are just ignored because they are underrepresented on streams or those characters are not that good according to TYM.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Those were off his main launchers. With meter you do get like 44% with the b2 hat spin or f2 hat spin, but that is not with the 21 ender anymore, so I'd rather use my meter for ex hat spin/breaker/ex spin. The main reason I see people use meter for combos is because they aren't confident in their 44 link and they use meter for damage they wouldve gotten meterless anyways if they did the 44 link. I see people end combos wih grabs, which isn't optimal. You get like 2% more damage, but you are not getting the knockdown you want and the opponent can tech and you sacrifice the 21 ender which gives you a blockstring/grab mixup, which just doesn't make sense to sacrifice for a mere 2% damage.

A lot of high damaging characters are just ignored because they are underrepresented on streams or those characters are not that good according to TYM.
Sun God Kotal gets huge damage for one bar. In the corner he gets 43% meterless and he gets 49% with one bar off his 9f punisher.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Just dont do it preemptivey, always do it on reaction itll work everytime once you have it down.
My problem is that when I see someone jump close to me instead of expecting a cross up I expect a NJP, so I need to wait a second and see if it will be a cross up or a NJP

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
My problem is that when I see someone jump close to me instead of expecting a cross up I expect a NJP, so I need to wait a second and see if it will be a cross up or a NJP
Exactly you wait and see what it is then react, always hold block ofc in case its a instant njp

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
• Space control/Footsies
Dvorah
Kung Jin
Shinnok
Sub Zero
Jax

• 50/50s mix ups
Sonya
Raiden
Erron Black
Quan
Cassie

• Damage
Kung Lao
Kitana
Quan
Raiden
Kotal

• Wake ups
Goro
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Raiden
Sub Zero

• Anti air/Anti Cross ups
Kung Lao
Kotal
Raiden
Kung Jin
Quan

• Pressure
Kung Lao
Tanya
Jax
Liu Kang
Raiden

• Zoning
Kitana
Kenshi
Quan
Shinnok
Liu Kang

• Mobility
Kung Lao
Tanya
Mileena
Reptile
Sonya

• Body
Jacqui
Cassie
Kitana
Mileena
Tanya

Poor sonya... she used to make the list.

Reactions: GAV

nodq

wicked
I have to put my nomination for damage in......... ERMAC......... Mid screen 40's without meter. Close to 50% in corner without meter! He deserves a place haha but I know this is your own list just saying!
Hmmm then put in Mileena there too, she also has mid screen no meter 40%. Then you could actually put a lot of the roster in there.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Hmmm then put in Mileena there too, she also has mid screen no meter 40%. Then you could actually put a lot of the roster in there.
Actually no....... To get even close to midscreen 40% or over with Mileena you need to use her slow ass overhead that never hits........ If that happens you get 38%. I know the ends and outs of mileena, your gonna get 30-33% without connecting the slow overhead or wasting a meter! Ermac damage without meter is higher than hers midscreen and corner....... There is no argument here pal...... Sorry I wasn't talking about chracters in all! I said Ermac for meterless damage. Think about what u say....... Hmm i can use Ermac 50/50 game midscreen and get about 38% on low startup and 41% on overhead startup....... Which can go straight into a restand again. Mileena doesnt have that, nor does she have practical midscreen that does as high damage as ermac.... Make ur own post about Mileena and the rest of the cast. Not down my nomination when I have a completely viable prospect in ERMAC FOR DAMAGE! So I'm sorry i believe your wrong. Ermac damage is higher than Mileena. No question........ And again don't come at me with a dumb reply. Make your own comment and see how many ppl share your thoughts

nodq

wicked
Actually no....... To get even close to midscreen 40% or over with Mileena you need to use her slow ass overhead that never hits........ If that happens you get 38%. I know the ends and outs of mileena, your gonna get 30-33% without connecting the slow overhead or wasting a meter! Ermac damage without meter is higher than hers midscreen and corner....... There is no argument here pal...... Sorry I wasn't talking about chracters in all! I said Ermac for meterless damage. Think about what u say....... Hmm i can use Ermac 50/50 game midscreen and get about 38% on low startup and 41% on overhead startup....... Which can go straight into a restand again. Mileena doesnt have that, nor does she have practical midscreen that does as high damage as ermac.... Make ur own post about Mileena and the rest of the cast. Not down my nomination when I have a completely viable prospect in ERMAC FOR DAMAGE! So I'm sorry i believe your wrong. Ermac damage is higher than Mileena. No question........ And again don't come at me with a dumb reply. Make your own comment and see how many ppl share your thoughts
No you get 40% as rav mileena. i do it every day :eek: also mileena is all about mid screen damage actually, what are you talking about? The point i was making is, who sets the rules for that? You say you cant land her OH, you dont even know how much damage it does, because you dont actually play her maybe. I say, i do it every day more than once. So who decides which charakter is on that list for 40% mid screen damage? HINT... it is a rhetorical question.

Also ermacs mid screen damage is not very safe... who sets the line where its ok to add it to midscreen 40% where its "safe enough"? You? Why? Just asking you know, wonder what sense this all makes, in my eyes absolulty no sense at all.

Btw. i find it funny that someone wants to tell me something about Mileena, which i play every day, and acts all of the sudden very cocky and arrogant and then dont even know she can do 40% mid screen no meter combo with her slow OH. Very funny, maybe you THINK before you post next time and try to be lil bit less cocky it just make you look dumb.

Also, i don't know why you start argueing now, about restands and all that, that was never part of any discussion, so i may also bring in some of like Mileenas + things over ermacs? Would that put her then to the list of "damage" mid screen? I mean, it was about 40% damage mid screen and 50% 1 meter corner. nothing else, thats what i quoted, not more. Now its about restands 50/50 and what move is unsafe or "more safe" whatever.... seriously? This whole thing makes no sense at all.

Ah btw. because there is no argument here "pal"... mileena also ahs 50% corner combo 1 bar. So what? The point is, your arguing is kinda annoying and doesn't make any sense at all because it has no fundametals it is build on, it is just throwing random numbers and "facts" at the reply box without thinking about it and then telling people to think... lol. So cute.

So get your facts right before even thinking about doing a reply to me you cocky wannabe bitch. You just registered here like some weeks ago and are already acting like your the god of that forum here.... seriously, get lost.

Last edited:

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Dude from the beginning I said make your own damn post ok! Not reply on mine. If you feel so strongly about mileena then post your own shit and let the community discuss with you. But you decided to comment on my post like I was dumb or something for not adding Mileena! Screw you i posted about Ermac and thats what it was about. not to argue with you. but when you comment on my post you just gave me room to comment back. I played Mileena since day one in MK9 and MKX but I have recently decided to drop Mileena for Shinnok. My original post was on my opinion of Ermac. you brought your own dumb ass into my post and I believe that Ermac damage (WITHOUT METER) is without a doubt higher than Mileena. I am 100% correct on this issue ok! I've played Nether Realm games since MK9 so im no newb. The status of when I make a TYM account does not tell my knowledge of this game. I never once talked down at you. i talked down on Mileena in damage category with no meter, and the fact that you commented on my post with something i did not agree with. So like i said from the beginning....... make your own damn post............ I am entitled to my own opinion and post. Stay off my shit if you do not agree with it!

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
How is Kotal Kahn not on the damage list? Blood God may have a difficult time actually opening someone up, but no one else in the game comes close to his damage potential. His damage is so good, it's unlikely he'll ever get any of his real issues addressed since Blood God could easily become an utter monster with some careless buffs.

And Sun God isn't that far behind, and doesn't require the setup of Crystal totem.