What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I agree with Lex. i was worried you would say like 7-3 or something because people think it's bad lol.
No I fight decent Lex's online and although they do not beat me I can tell Lex definitely has the tools to fight against Batman. And I use Lex myself so I know he is a boss lol. Actually now that I think of it me and my cousin used to go even with eachother in the demo Batman vs Lex

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
My last little contribution. I think Hawkgirl could be 6-4. I played PPJ's Hawkgirl and I think Batman as the tools to deal with her shenanigans like Up Batarang to deal with mace throw from the top of the screen and mace charge.

ForeverKing

I think Scorpion could also potentially be a 7-3. Batman has a perfect punish for all of Scorpion's unsafe options, and he gets 40% when Scorpion guesses wrong. Let Scorpion do what he wants and wait for a chance to blow him up.
Yeah that's exactly what I do. Scorpion can be an asshole to fight online but offline he gets punished for everything

ForeverKing

My last little contribution. I think Hawkgirl could be 6-4. I played PPJ's Hawkgirl and I think Batman as the tools to deal with her shenanigans like Up Batarang to deal with mace throw from the top of the screen and mace charge.
Honestly I NEVER get to play top level Hawkgirls, so that is one of the matchups I am still unsure about. But I have bodied Batmans with Hawkgirl before so I figured she has the tools to compete with him

RM Truth

Honestly I NEVER get to play top level Hawkgirls, so that is one of the matchups I am still unsure about. But I have bodied Batmans with Hawkgirl before so I figured she has the tools to compete with him
I think Up Batarangs are the way to go in that MU. I honestly don't know what Hawkgirl can do to deal with it. MB Up Batarang on their wake-up beats all of their wake-up attacks for full combo too.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think the problem with HG, from my experience playing Espio and @RunwayMafia's Hawkgirls is that if she DOES get in, she has very good pressure that leaves her at + or neutral, and has strings/pokes that reach further than Batman's. He can use trait defensively for this purpose, but Hawkgirl up close is a monster.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I honestly think it's stage dependent. For example it's probably 6-4 on Batcave but 5-5 on Wayne Manor
On Batcave, Frost wins or goes even with just about every MU in the game. According to R.E.O.s chart, even with MMH on that stage. But nooooooooo someone prefers fraudlantis... why don't you prefer your home turf?

GGA Max

I honestly think it's stage dependent. For example it's probably 6-4 on Batcave but 5-5 on Wayne Manor
That's interesting, because Batmobile resets?

I think that what helps Bane in general is most people have to block Batman for retardedly long block strings, Bane can armor through, since they're not all true jails.

RM Truth

I think that what helps Bane in general is most people have to block Batman for retardedly long block strings, Bane can armor through, since they're not all true jails.
Batman wins from mid to long range, and Bane wins up close. That's the way I see it.

Rude

Are they always retardedly long block strings? I mean...why aren't people pushblocking his pressure more? It gets rid of his trait, moves him out of his threat zone.

RM Truth

Are they always retardedly long block strings? I mean...why aren't people pushblocking his pressure more? It gets rid of his trait, moves him out of his threat zone.
I almost never get pushblocked when I play. I think the only person who ever does it to me is PPJ.

ForeverKing

Well that and yeah mostly I say Batcave because there aren't a ton of big interactables for Bane to throw at me lol. I know on Wayne Manor my little brother has setups for 100% combos with Bane

Rude

I almost never get pushblocked when I play. I think the only person who ever does it to me is PPJ.
But isn't that strange? I'm not saying that Batman's pressure isn't fantastic. It certainly is. However, if people are being stuck in these long strings of block pressure, and they have meter, why don't they pushblock?

GGA Max

Oh yeah, I don't use push block because I like being nice warm and cozy with my opponent :) but some people should.

Batman wins from mid to long range, and Bane wins up close. That's the way I see it.
Yeah, in mid range... maybe bane should just let bats b23 himself into the corner. Just one knockdown... all he needs.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
if we're bringing stages into this mu discussion rooftop metropolis mmh vs bm is prob a 6-4(or watchtowerbridge) flying shit i can throw for free 20% pl0x

RM Truth

But isn't that strange? I'm not saying that Batman's pressure isn't fantastic. It certainly is. However, if people are being stuck in these long strings of block pressure, and they have meter, why don't they pushblock?
I imagine they don't want to spend the 2 bars when they can just get caught in the pressure again. Other than that I really don't know.

RM Truth

Oh yeah, I don't use push block because I like being nice warm and cozy with my opponent :) but some people should.

Yeah, in mid range... maybe bane should just let bats b23 himself into the corner. Just one knockdown... all he needs.
B23 recovers so slowly now, you can probably charge him now and he has to block.