What's new

Match Footage BARAKA MATCH VIDEOS

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
This first post will stay updated, feel free to reply with videos or links as i will add them on
ENJOY:cheers:

*NOTE - Baraka has had many changes in all the patches, some footage might not be able to be replicated due to this

SomeCubanGuy Matches

Zoidberg747 Matches

The Tetra Spirit Matches

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
any tips on how i can improve? i have a MM against mysticism at a tourney this weekend, lol
From the game I watched between u and mysticim .. Do this man
When ever you see someone blocking a blade charge of you .. You can still do something else like cross Jump kick .. But here is the tip cross jump immediately after the blocked charge and press 3or 4 immediately to make ur kick defensive.
I tried that alot and it is useful against people who wanna punish u with full combo from blocked blade charge.
You can spin after the charge too .. But first option defensive jump kick is good to me.

Try this strategy too .. Spin in open space then spin againt :) .. The second spin is very fast now and you can hit ur opponent with double spin strategy in mid screen.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Some general strategy against noob and scorpion.
lol .. on that U3 and double spin in open space .. I love the video .. I love using chop chop too :) because its is unbreakable if you're trying to punish noob's teleport haha ... But your way is just great !

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Cyrax player in the TRMK tourney(think he posts on here). It was a best of 5, and lasted for 17 minutes. I really hate Cyrax.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Cyrax player in the TRMK tourney(think he posts on here). It was a best of 5, and lasted for 17 minutes. I really hate Cyrax.
Zoisberg .. Good game .. Just an advice bro .. Do this after any blocked blade charge (my favorite is cross jump and early 4 with it to counter any cross jump attmept from Cyrax or you can spin to prevent them) *Although spin exposes you to risk of being vulnerable after the blocked charge" and thats is why I prefer the cross jump 4 early.

I like your Baraka style bro. I noticed you quickly figured that cyrax guy is going for a small combo reset before going for a higher damage combo. I like the way you counter that shit into d3 or d4. I also like your cross jump in to down 4 to reach your enemy from far.:)

That Cyrax bitch jumped on you everytime he blocks blade charge. Make that to your advantage (Make your game unpredictable sometimes by using chop chop or slices) ... I know Cyrax is very hard match up for Raka and bitchy Cyrax guys can not win without the net. I hate to see Baraka loosing.:(

Use this strategy: after any down 4 you make, the opponent will usually block low. Now, you might wanna start F2 after each down 4 which is in my mind very unpredictable.(especially if you are close to an enemy) Alternatively, you if d4 connects, then you can also make little forwards into F4 knee.

I stopped playing this game for a while now cuz I've been buisy studying besides the fact that this game needs good controllers mostly. I'm out of that shit and I don't wanna waste money on a fourth controller in less than a year for me.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ok guys as promised raka tourny footage....

(ps.grand finals has baraka in 2nd match,mileena in 1st)

i know many mistakes were made, 2 messed up inputs while tryin to cancel f2,
and vs kenshi i didnt aa spin enough which guted me when i watched it back,same with how many times upslash hit me, have to take the baraka/kenshi matchup to the lab,i just made 2 many wrong reads but hey mistakes happen so one can learn from them

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
(ps.grand finals has baraka in 2nd match,mileena in 1st)

i know many mistakes were made, 2 messed up inputs while tryin to cancel f2,
and vs kenshi i didnt aa spin enough which guted me when i watched it back,same with how many times upslash hit me, have to take the baraka/kenshi matchup to the lab,i just made 2 many wrong reads but hey mistakes happen so one can learn from them[/QUOTE]

Good game bro ... That Kenshi was a very good Kenshi. But he used the X-Ray combo many times which is not really smart !!
I noticed that he jumps alot with cross jump punch as alot of people do usually. If he connects with the jump punch then he start his combo. If he does not connect the cross jump punch he usually does his low 4 or low 3 whatever then does his combo after. Baraka can counter cross jump punch with simple cross jump and (kick early 4), or spin.

. I also noticed that Kenshi guy tried to keep his winning distance which is about 2/3 screen and away from you ... So, that you can't get close ... The only way to break that is to do some blade charge (which was blocked and punished by him many times) or ... I would use this strategy against kenshi players (spark from medium range against Kenshi .. wooow I know its something crazy but it is highly unpredictable and usually if you do that from medium range Kenshi can only block and he hardly can anticipate and reflect that spark) and it has been successful for me so far. Use it in alternate with Blade charge to make ur game most effective.

Kenshi secret against Baraka is basically keeping 2/3 distance (getting close meanwhile and surprising Baraka with a combo is important) .. You did great in the first round to counter his approach with chop chop (Thats what I would do usually). You also managed to get the first hit for Raka t ogain that extra meter at the start which is very very important.
You also used cross jump punch into b31(unsafe) which was ended with punished some times. I saw your cross jump punch into F2 slices (safe). Here is my advise bro and I love you Baraka so much: Do not use B31 alot after the cross jump punch. How ever, if you manage to get a cros jump then use 2212 which much safer ... And then use F44 or F4 or down 4 or spin ...... I prefer 221+2 from corss jump into F44 to guarantee my Baraka a hit .. Most people try to jump after 221+2 but if you use F44 or spin then you most likely gonna hit them. Use that to your advantage (I don't use alot the b31 from cross jump its not effective as 2212)

Don't get me wrong bro .. Thats just an advise, I think I would probably loose to that Kenshi guy :) Good Game

I gave one of my best friends (Under the Mayo) who is kenshi player, tips on how to beat Baraka and he said they were very very useful to him. :)

If I get the time hopefully, then I will start to post a new video for Baraka which include some weird tactics ... Mainly focusing on the Baraka aerial tactic (from cross jump punch agasint an opponent cross jump punch) but I might need some friends help for that although I stopped playing MK9 since I do not have a good controller now

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
what part is it in??
its either part 1 or 2 for sure, and that was pre patch 1.04 baraka. I got some wins with my second shang tsung and I won against reo best 2 of 3, I won twice in a row with my main baraka then I had to let hito get next and I was shocked how my hard work paid off. lol reo is the best mk player and future evo 2012 champ, just throwing that out there. lol

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
Here's another one of me losing horribly, lol

I needed to punish all those teleports and blocked spins
oh well, at least i learned something

This guy's Scorpion was not the best Scorpion to use to learn what works against Baraka. he clearly does not know how to use Scorpion that well. the fact that he would choose to shoot out two spears within a combo says it all.

1man3letters

This guy's Scorpion was not the best Scorpion to use to learn what works against Baraka. he clearly does not know how to use Scorpion that well. the fact that he would choose to shoot out two spears within a combo says it all.
and im sure your scorpion would of destroyed raka in the match yes? lol
the fact u dont know why scropion uses 2 spears in one combo for a setup doesnt say much for the knowlege of scorpion, plus this match is online and the fact the raka players are few and far between so we like to have any footage we can get

while opinions and critique are welcome,comments in the mannor of that guy sucks are not,it gives nothing

the fact u dont know why scropion uses 2 spears in one combo for a setup doesnt say much for the knowlege of scorpion, plus this match is online and the fact the raka players are few and far between so we like to have any footage we can get

while opinions and critique are welcome,comments in the mannor of that guy sucks are not,it gives nothing
Ok MK9 master lol, check out the move at 2:46 foward and tell me if that double ex spear then an overhead blade into a second normal spear makes any sense. He should have launched a full combo off of the double ex spear he caught Baraka with and could have knocked off at least 38% od Baraka's health. That would probably help Braka players more than what was done. Knowing how to beat Scorpion (a good Scorpion player) is expecting the opponent to land as much damage as possible any chance he/she gets. IMO, Baraka is best used against most opponents is up close pressure. His ex blade charge and chop chop and blade spin are deadly poweeful moves that will outbeat Scorpion's overhead blade attack, teleport, and takedown.

Oh and yes, my Scorpion would have destroyed his Baraka. :)

1man3letters

Ok MK9 master lol, check out the move at 2:46 foward and tell me if that double ex spear then an overhead blade into a second normal spear makes any sense. He should have launched a full combo off of the double ex spear he caught Baraka with and could have knocked off at least 38% od Baraka's health. That would probably help Braka players more than what was done. Knowing how to beat Scorpion (a good Scorpion player) is expecting the opponent to land as much damage as possible any chance he/she gets. IMO, Baraka is best used against most opponents is up close pressure. His ex blade charge and chop chop and blade spin are deadly poweeful moves that will outbeat Scorpion's overhead blade attack, teleport, and takedown.
wow! master,thanks for the compliment bro, much love